• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Nice run of Kid Comics you got there! Guess I better get busy scanning so I can share when you get to USA and Marvel Mystery. I have MMs that will make even you weep! 893whatthe.gif

Actually I don't but it was fun to type. Someone will have to throw cold water on me when you post your MM #1. tongue.gif

Pedigreeman should be happy now, I'm starting my Human Torch run off with a Pedigree copy. Here is Human Torch #2(3) CGC 8.0 "D" Copy. Schomburg Cover. This book presents very well, it looks like a VF/NM in the holder!

Timely

414679-HumanT2.jpg

414679-HumanT2.jpg.286cf9cb986dea25efc4aae3a50381ad.jpg

Edited by Timely

893applaud-thumb.gif

For some reason, I love D Copies! Although I still find it a shame the codes on their inside are too often locked away in slabs. Such is life, I guess.

Thanks for sharing, Timely, and I'm looking forward (like the rest of us) to seeing your MM run!

Alan

I just want to say that this is one of the best threads in Collectors Society. Why? As a sub 30 year old I just don't make enough to buy any of these GA comics and if it weren't for you folks posting these incredible scans I would never see high quality examples of any of these. It's also making me want to save up to buy some of the Schomburg's and other WWII covers (not to mention the phenominal Exciting Comics with Judy cloud9.gif ). I think I just need a raise. Anyway... thanks for posting the great scans. thumbsup2.gif

Timely ,Sweet book ,One of the coolest covers in the Torch's run IMO!!! thumbsup2.gif

I can't wait to see your next Torch cover in high grade:Torch vs. Subby # 5 & # 8 cloud9.gif

Ok... since a ton on these great covers are Schomburg's I was wondering if maybe there is a book out there about his art. Kind of like the ones they've done with Frazetta or Lisner and the like. Is it out there?

Ok... since a ton on these great covers are Schomburg's I was wondering if maybe there is a book out there about his art. Kind of like the ones they've done with Frazetta or Lisner and the like. Is it out there?

Yes there is, I just picked up a copy. It's called "Chroma, The art of Alex Schomburg" by Jon Gustafson. Cover price $12.95. Try Amazon.com

Timely

Here is Human Torch #10 CGC 8.0 and Highest Graded Copy. It has a 45 page Human Torch VS. Sub-mariner epic. Very tough in high grade. Schomburg cover.

Timely

346208-HumanTorch10.jpg

Yes there is, I just picked up a copy. It's called "Chroma, The art of Alex Schomburg" by Jon Gustafson. Cover price $12.95. Try Amazon.com

Timely

Thanks for the info. Looks like it's going to be used, but hey... it's better than nothing. thumbsup2.gif

Human Torch #18 CGC 8.0 2nd Highest Graded Copy. I'm a big fan of "tank" covers and this one by Schomburg does not disappoint. HT#18 is the toughest issue to get in high grade out of the first 20 issues.

Timely

417981-HumanTch18.jpg

417981-HumanTch18.jpg.e46548a119b05efa721f1180f86a1acd.jpg

Edited by Timely