• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

As seen above some Larson can be identified by "PN" "Publisher's News" the distributor

Another distributor is identified by "on" "Omaha News" (the larsons lived in Nebraska). The "on" may appear without "Larson" on the cover....... 686667-larsoncj13.jpg

....or appear with "on" and "Larson". Only books distributed thru Publisher News used a call back number....no "on" books have a number of the cover... 686675-larsoncj36.jpg

686675-larsoncj36.jpg.14fc63cb4c9fcbe93996c62e735683cb.jpg

Jon,

One of my favorite covers. What grade is that book? Have any early Marvel Mystery's you care to share.

The book is very nice, supple....VF range.....

early Marvel Mysterys? sure what number? start with 1? 691380-1scanmarv1.jpg

893whatthe.gif

Jon, that Marvel Comics #1 is amazing. Is it a pedigree? Is it restored? How would you grade it? From your scan, it looks like it could be the best out there other than the Mile High.

It is indeed "restored". I got it about 20 years ago. It had a razor cut to upper left corner which was fixed by marrying from another copy of the cover. The amazing thing about this book though "restored" is that the interior pages are WHITE- not off white. Back then (and for that matter now), i am just happy to have it.....jon