• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

beauties, i tell you. and if you don't love timelys from pennsylvania....

sub7.jpg

An Alaska themed war cover! - are there others? FWIW the Japanese did occupy two islands at the western end of the Aleutian chain for about a year in 1942-43, while there is no record of a pointy eared strong man in a bathing suit turning the tide, this is a pretty neat record of the events.

if you don't love timelys from pennsylvania....

...then you don't love funnybooks! (thumbs u

I prefer Timelys in Florida :insane:

So do I :applause:

West

Me Three! :headbang:

Make that four :cool:

Fives a crowd ^^

it's an epidemic I tell you!

Thanks Billy, coming from you (one of the most respected guys in the hobby) that means alot.

Jim

Jim, that was Bill who gushed over those funny books, but take it from me, Billy loves them as well. beauties, i tell you. and if you don't love timelys from pennsylvania....

sub7.jpg

I love that book. Nice one, Billy. (thumbs u

Thanks Billy, coming from you (one of the most respected guys in the hobby) that means alot.

Jim

Jim, that was Bill who gushed over those funny books, but take it from me, Billy loves them as well. beauties, i tell you. and if you don't love timelys from pennsylvania....

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

Jim

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

what kills it for me is that someone drew a little "p" on the cover :insane:

Jim

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

I kinda like the little "p" on the cover :o

Jim

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

my understanding is that parker likes some books with a little "p" on them

Jim

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

No, that would be Russ.

Jim

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

No, that would be Russ.

I am supprised at page quality with it being a "p" copy, you would think acidification would have been a factor and droped page quality to a yellow to cream color??

Jim

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

No, that would be Russ.

russ might own them, but surely I recall Parker had a kind word or two to say about it lol

Jim

sub7.jpg

thank you, sir.

No, that would be Russ.

I am supprised at page quality with it being a "p" copy, you would think acidification would have been a factor and droped page quality to a yellow to cream color??

Lets just say that wasn't color touch on the cover.

It's not every day that I have a Timely book to post. Fortunately I found a kindred book to piggyback on.

Krazy Krow 2, Fall 1945.

Not the greatest scan (from seller). Slightly racist "black crow" cover.

Nice funny animal artwork. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all Vince Fago, who signed the puzzle pages but not the stories. Maybe not the last story, which is a little weaker.

krazykrow2.jpg

OK for this thread, or banished to the Short Bus?

Jack

i only want the superhero ones; please don't let me catch the bug for all the rest of them.

Don't tell me you don't like Timely's like this????

terrytoons26.jpg