• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

There are so many unusual Timely's it's hard to keep track!!! I think Billy needs a copy of that one though!!! lol

Speaking of unusual, Billy picked himself a very nice Comedy Comics # 11 he hasn't posted yet. I hear he's a big Stuporman fan :baiting:

2916931096_0362c888ab_o.jpg

Speaking of Pennsylvania comics, I picked this up from Golden Eagle in PA. Nice pages. Lem was a really good guy.

bb

I am sure that Lem sold me this Kid comic. Perhaps I got the Young Allies from Wally who bought it from Lem or vice versa.

bb

2920854591_c6e67e0bec_o.jpg

I bought this from Ernest Toth on my birthday several years ago. It has tape along the edge and I have trimmed the photo a little but I like the cover a lot.

I noticed recently that there is another story that features that strange submarine in another MM issue.

I guess they had a little problem coordinating the covers and stories. This seems to happen a lot with Golden Age comics.

bb

2231433211_af81d084aa_b.jpg

2929838048_e3c7fbed5a.jpg

2929838434_54271cb23b.jpg

Interior scans from issue 22 by unknown scanner.

2929874366_193852e1c9_o.jpg

The cover is torn on this copy and I think it would be a good candidate for restoration. What do you think?

bb

If you look closely you can see that there is a tear down the middle of the cover which has been repaired with photoshop.

No tape and the spine is still good. I imagine that two guys were fighting over it and tore the cover.

Or Mom tried to tear it in half before throwing it away.

I like this splash but I don't think it had anything to do with the cover. (I could use a cover for MM 30 by the way.) Wouldn't it fit better with HT 23 cover? I have to go back and read those issues again.

bb

2929878368_05b1c7302a_o.jpg

Speaking of robots, I hope to see this guy a little better in the new movie (next summer?).

2929878220_8566f1fee2.jpg2929014343_39eb5e34d8.jpg

Here are a whole bunch of Timely books that I've picked up over the last few months. Lots of them are from right here on the boards, the rest are from the usual suspects, Heritage, Comic Link, Comic Connect, and Ebay.

captainamerica31.jpg

humantorch13.jpg

marvelmystery25.jpg

marvelmystery27.jpg

marvelmystery32.jpg

marvelmystery37.jpg

marvelmystery49.jpg

superrabbit1.jpg

terrytoons7.jpg

My favorite is probably the Super Rabbit... but I love them all. :cloud9:

Here are a whole bunch of Timely books that I've picked up over the last few months. Lots of them are from right here on the boards, the rest are from the usual suspects, Heritage, Comic Link, Comic Connect, and Ebay.

marvelmystery32.jpg

superrabbit1.jpg

:cloud9:

Very cool books - I especially like the above two!! They went all out to make the Japanese look evil on the Marvel Mystery cover!