• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

mmc7-1.jpg

this is the copy I upgraded from with the 5.0

Um, do you still have this undercopy?? hm

nope, sold it months ago after I won the 5.0...probably the best looking 2.0 I ever owned

redSkull16.jpg

Here is the Cap before it was slabbed, even though it had issues with the centerfold should it not had gotten a better grade than a 2.0?

Looks like a 2.5/3.0 to me John...perhaps some interior page defects dropped the grade?

and the granddaddy of my last heritage wins...also a prime pressing candidate (bc flaws, etc)....would get a 6.0 IMO

mmc9-3.jpg

That's the book Gator! Congrats! Thanks for bidding high on that copy...made my copy shoot up in value (thumbs u

Edited by Primetime

redSkull16.jpg

Here is the Cap before it was slabbed, even though it had issues with the centerfold should it not had gotten a better grade than a 2.0?

Looks like a 2.5/3.0 to me John...perhaps some interior page defects dropped the grade?

Yea Ben, the centerfold is almost detached and some slight pieces out (does not affect the story nor art though) Should had been at least a 2.5 (It got hit hard for that) but its ok, still happy to have a Skull cover!

Now if someone can help me find out how many (or which) issues the Skull appeared in the Timely years..........at this point I know he appeared on 6 covers in total. Now how many stories was he featured in back then ?

Now if someone can help me find out how many (or which) issues the Skull appeared in the Timely years..........at this point I know he appeared on 6 covers in total. Now how many stories was he featured in back then ?

these are some of my favorites:

cap74cgc.jpg

cap61.jpg

cap16.jpg

redSkull16.jpg

Yea Ben, the centerfold is almost detached and some slight pieces out (does not affect the story nor art though) Should had been at least a 2.5 (It got hit hard for that) but its ok, still happy to have a Skull cover!

Looks like a solid 2.5 to me, even with the cf issues. Presents very nicely! If I ever get back to collecting Red Skull covers it's exactly the kind of copy I'd be looking for. A question for you Timely collectors - even though #74 is supposedly scarcer, it seems to pop up for sale on a regular basis, is Cap #16 the scarcest red Skull cover in terms of availability? And would Young Allies #1 be the most available by far? Does anyone care to rate RS covers in terms of difficulty of acquisition? I don't get the impression any of them are extremely hard to find - just expensive.

I have one too. So that makes three here on the Boards. So I'm not sure of the scarcity. hm

cap16.jpg

might not nec be "scarce"...but, kind of like MMC9...rarely does anyone sell one! so they are scarce in the marketplace

this one is pretty cool too

cap3.jpg

I love that one Rick!!! One of my favorite Caps, and the 1st published Stan Lee to boot!!! (worship)

actually, I sold that one when I slightly upgraded to a cgc 5.0, but I didn't have the 5.0 scanned, so I used the 4.0 that was in my photobucket...

these days, just upgrading (slowly) cap 1-10 and MMC 1-10 as I can (thumbs u

People always keep the Skull covers. Anytime I did sell a Cap book, this issue was the last in mind. So I agree that its scarce on the market.
I see issue 61 quite a bit....but I bought the only issue 16 I have ever seen for sale!