• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

AS 1/2 (and Marvel 9) have always been on my keeper list. Nice books. I remember that AS 2 pickup from eBay...CGC gave your #1 an 8.0 with that bindary chip in the upper left corner?? Tough black cover. I know the guy who owns the Carson City copy of AS 1--it's raw and he refuses to slab in fear of it being damaged in transit--we are talking 9.6 range. :cool:

PS...ur Gators took a big CHOMP outta Georgia yesterday..that makes up for the end zone "team" celebration they did last year...

was a great game!

yah. and Tebo wears "phil 4:13" on his eye wear which is really cool... :applause:

he has worn that every game since last year (thumbs u

i had no idea Fullmer weighed 413 lbs.

:makepoint: that is 4 wins in 13 games!

one of the greatest gator posts ever. had to wipe a tear i laughed so hard. sorry doc.

AS 1/2 (and Marvel 9) have always been on my keeper list. Nice books. I remember that AS 2 pickup from eBay...CGC gave your #1 an 8.0 with that bindary chip in the upper left corner?? Tough black cover. I know the guy who owns the Carson City copy of AS 1--it's raw and he refuses to slab in fear of it being damaged in transit--we are talking 9.6 range. :cool:

PS...ur Gators took a big CHOMP outta Georgia yesterday..that makes up for the end zone "team" celebration they did last year...

was a great game!

yah. and Tebo wears "phil 4:13" on his eye wear which is really cool... :applause:

he has worn that every game since last year (thumbs u

i had no idea Fullmer weighed 413 lbs.

:makepoint: that is 4 wins in 13 games!

one of the greatest gator posts ever. had to wipe a tear i laughed so hard. sorry doc.

:acclaim:

as2-1.jpg

Green logo background, dynamic Schomburg "big 3" war cover and a Red Skull appearance :cloud9:

If ever buy an All-Select this would be the one.

I'm with you, this is my Fav AS issue (#1 is a close "2nd")

as2-1.jpg

Green logo background, dynamic Schomburg "big 3" war cover and a Red Skull appearance :cloud9:

me three; the depiction of the 3 stars about equal on the as 1 and 2, but i find the bridge setting more intriguing than the castle.

as2-1.jpg

me three; the depiction of the 3 stars about equal on the as 1 and 2, but i find the bridge setting more intriguing than the castle.

good observations guys..it's making me want to pull out my books and geek a little...

as2-1.jpg

good observations guys..it's making me want to pull out my books and geek a little...

Just some beautiful Schomburg goodness!!! I love the cover on the AS 2. Schomburg's weird perspective is so neat. I mean, how big does Subby have to be to tear down that bridge. So much going on. I could geek at this cover for hours!! Great posts fellows. (worship)

as2-1.jpg

Just some beautiful Schomburg goodness!!! I love the cover on the AS 2. Schomburg's weird perspective is so neat. I mean, how big does Subby have to be to tear down that bridge. So much going on. I could geek at this cover for hours!! Great posts fellows. (worship)

I believe Schomburg was making a political statement by drawing Cap, Subby, Torch extra LARGE to say that the USA would overcome... (thumbs u

as2-1.jpg

I believe Schomburg was making a political statement by drawing Cap, Subby, Torch extra LARGE to say that the USA would overcome... (thumbs u

:gossip: don't mention the "p" word, even here in GA, or you might get your wrist slapped lol

as2-1.jpg

:gossip: don't mention the "p" word, even here in GA, or you might get your wrist slapped lol

:roflmao:

as2-1.jpg

Yeah, on the eve of the election :D

as2-1.jpg

Yeah, on the eve of the election :D

Cool cover BTW, as for them (Cap, Torch and Submariner) being drawn larger...and being a P statement ...oh yes it was. Did you know that many American comics were banned in un-democratic nations in Europe?!

Here's a bunch of Caps that I purchased at Toronto show earlier this year. I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of board members at Harley's booth.

Cap12VFHarley.jpg

Cap15F-Harley.jpg

Cap23VGFHarley.jpg

Cap31VG.jpg

Cap49CGC70.jpg

wow, you hit the cycle (thumbs u

Here's a bunch of Caps that I purchased at Toronto show earlier this year. I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of board members at Harley's booth.

Cap12VFHarley.jpg

Cap15F-Harley.jpg

Cap23VGFHarley.jpg

Cap31VG.jpg

Cap49CGC70.jpg

hitting "for the cycle" involves 4 hits, not 5. do the gators play baseball? [please don't respond with something like "no, but they play football." i know that only too well]

the comics are beauties, all.

Cap12VFHarley.jpg

Cap15F-Harley.jpg

Cap23VGFHarley.jpg

Cap31VG.jpg

Cap49CGC70.jpg

hitting "for the cycle" involves 4 hits, not 5. do the gators play baseball? [please don't respond with something like "no, but they play football." i know that only too well]

the comics are beauties, all.

the 4 raw are the cycle, the slab is the curtain call...geesh, I Know LSU is "the" SEC team for Baseball, but surely you saw the beauty of my logic...

and, did you notice the 12 appears to be the cookville copy (shrug)