• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

Finally got the grades on my Cap 27. Graded a cgc5.0 blue label! :banana:

Looks beautiful for the grade. Noncolor breaking crease on cover knocked the grade down. Can't see it unless you have it in hand. Great eye appeal for the grade. Can't wait for it to get back home.

CaptainAmerica27.jpg

True about the Cap 61, I had a vg copy once, they are more common. The 3 and 16 are not around often. There was a 3 on ebay recently but I think it was missing a centerfold...and I saw a 16 some months ago...but thats it. 3 and 16 are much harder to get than a 1.

Just got this back from CGC, I traded a few books with Chris Foss at the Heroes Con this summer and finally decided to send this in to be slabbed. Needless to say I was thrilled when I got it in the mail this week. The scan doesn't do it justice. (Pardon my lame attempt to piece two scans together in Photoshop, but my scanner won't get the entire book). This is the nicest copy of this issue I have ever seen and it has great interior art and stunning white pages. Interesting that CGC doesn't give a cover art credit. I know there has been some debate about this being a Schomburg cover. I'm not sure, but it is very Schomburg-ish. What do you guys think?

— Rick

HT9large.jpg

Just got this back from CGC, I traded a few books with Chris Foss at the Heroes Con this summer and finally decided to send this in to be slabbed. Needless to say I was thrilled when I got it in the mail this week. The scan doesn't do it justice. (Pardon my lame attempt to piece two scans together in Photoshop, but my scanner won't get the entire book). This is the nicest copy of this issue I have ever seen and it has great interior art and stunning white pages. Interesting that CGC doesn't give a cover art credit. I know there has been some debate about this being a Schomburg cover. I'm not sure, but it is very Schomburg-ish. What do you guys think?

— Rick

HT9large.jpg

I love it, but not sure it is schomburg (shrug)

— Rick

HT9large.jpg

My goodness what a beauty.

I love it, but not sure it is schomburg (shrug)

I don't think it is a Schomburg either. Still a nice cover.

Here's another Torch that I bought "raw" and sent in. Not a great cover, but an interesting story and a book you don't see too often. hm

— Rick

HT34.jpg

— Rick

HT9large.jpg

one of my favorite torch covers. just stunning. and i want to know why it isn't a 9.2.

— Rick

HT9large.jpg

one of my favorite torch covers. just stunning. and i want to know why it isn't a 9.2.

what a book :applause:

One general question though for anyone... How would have the comic world been if the U.S. decided back then not to join the allies ? For Example, we know how Timely changed the cover for Young Allies 1 (omitting Stalin from the cover) , would that have been the same with Japan and Germany? Would comics have been so successful if events were different at the time ?