• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anybody learn how to pack a freakin' comic!!!

129 posts in this topic

Ok everyone, as expected, the relentless self-tooters tooted their horns (those with the incredible superiority complexes) . . . :grin:

(tsk)

Your winning personality is shining through again. Be careful with that. People may end up liking you. :grin:

You toss these (tsk) around quite freely :screwy:

Oh, and btw, you can pick up your winning personality at the door when you check out, thank you very much. :grin:

Ok everyone, as expected, the relentless self-tooters tooted their horns (those with the incredible superiority complexes) . . . :grin:

(tsk)

Your winning personality is shining through again. Be careful with that. People may end up liking you. :grin:

Oh, and btw, you can pick up your winning personality at the door when you check out, thank you very much. :grin:

Come on, I'm kidding around with you. Don't take it the wrong way.

Those of us who've been here (and done that) know who knows how to ship and who doesn't and we factor that into our purchasing decisions. ;)

The point of this thread is one: THE COMIC MUST BE PREVENTED FROM MOVING WITHIN A PACKAGE. PERIOD.

If you don't understand this then move along and go back to eBay. :sumo:

Me thinks there is another point to this thread besides just shipping pet peeves.

meh

(tsk)

Come on, I'm kidding around with you. Don't take it the wrong way.

It looks like someone has taken the mantle upon himself. Every chat board needs at least 1.

Those of us who've been here (and done that) know who knows how to ship and who doesn't and we factor that into our purchasing decisions. ;)

The point of this thread is one: THE COMIC MUST BE PREVENTED FROM MOVING WITHIN A PACKAGE. PERIOD.

Me thinks there is another point to this thread besides just shipping pet peeves.

meh

And your point is? hm The above is not a "pet peeve" - unfortunately it's a reality.

meh

And your point is? hm The above is not a "pet peeve" - unfortunately it's a reality.

Like you don't know.

That you can be a real dilly dill hole when you want to. :baiting:

Or that you just like to yell a lot and tell other people what not to post about

I will go with dilly by a hair.

:hi:

Just be glad you got anything.... :(

I bought books from 2 seperate boardies last week, explaining that I needed them well before the 30th due to the cgc price hike, and last I checked, neither has even shipped the books yet. One was bought last Sunday, the other one Wednesday. (I get better service from most ebay sellers)

Also, I recieved a book this week between cardboard, with bubble wrap, but no packing on the end, so the whole thing slid to the end of the box and banged the corner of the comic, really hard too, the book is fubar.

These were all board purchases (all long time members), divad has a valid point.

meh

Like you don't know.

Or that you just like to yell a lot and tell other people what not to post about

Can anyone who speaks Ze's language translate this for me? lol

Just be glad you got anything.... :(

I bought books from 2 seperate boardies last week, explaining that I needed them well before the 30th due to the cgc price hike, and last I checked, neither has even shipped the books yet. One was bought last Sunday, the other one Wednesday. (I get better service from most ebay sellers)

Also, I recieved a book this week between cardboard, with bubble wrap, but no packing on the end, so the whole thing slid to the end of the box and banged the corner of the comic, really hard too, the book is fubar.

These were all board purchases (all long time members), divad has a valid point.

Thanks. Btw, I now have two "NM" books with 1/2" corner creases (through the entire book no less) :sorry:

meh

Like you don't know.

Sometimes you can be a kcid. :foryou:

meh

Like you don't know.

Oh, that's all? Thanks :grin:

so, to pack a comic correctly...

you just take a nice 9.8 then:

Fold it in half and tape all edges of the comic (no bag or board needed).

Then write in sharpie the address you are mailing it to on the back cover

with all the stamps needed glued to the back.

For faster mailing then douse the comic in lighter fluid and ignite

to send as a smoke signal?

waht do you think?

hm:insane:

waht do you think?

:applause:

See, the thread paid off. Another solid eBay seller ready to take on the world.

hm

meh

Like you don't know.

I thought it meant he was a hairy dill hole...but what do I know, with the language gap and everything (shrug)

How about naming names and stop beating around the bush (shrug)

:popcorn:

To be fair, some people just don't have a clue about the way somethings work and need some lessons. I'd out the guy (or gal) if no compensation was made or the seller did not learn from his mistakes but I've had some long time board members ship me books that showed up poorly packaged. I always got a refund or a partial refund if a book was damaged and the seller learned from his mistakes.

If the seller does not learn and take corrective steps then I'd out him (or leave negative feedback on eBay like I just did for the JLA #21 that was overgraded and then shipped in an envelope).

R.

waht do you think?

You could do it the old DC mailorder way. Fold the comic in half and shove in an paper sleeve with no ends. Thus you get authentic Subscription style copy to boot.