• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anybody learn how to pack a freakin' comic!!!

129 posts in this topic

That's nutso. $40 (and what, a month or so to wait?) just to get a new case? Do they check the grade again, or check for damage or whatever? In other words, is it possible that after you shell out the 40 beans, you'll get a lower grade back for your troubles?
No, they don't regrade unless slab damage has obviously affected the boob....I mean book.

I thought the same thing until I sent in a CGC 9.2 reholder and got back a CGC 9.4 - SURPRISE!

That's nutso. $40 (and what, a month or so to wait?) just to get a new case? Do they check the grade again, or check for damage or whatever? In other words, is it possible that after you shell out the 40 beans, you'll get a lower grade back for your troubles?
No, they don't regrade unless slab damage has obviously affected the boob....I mean book.

I thought the same thing until I sent in a CGC 9.2 reholder and got back a CGC 9.4 - SURPRISE!

Seriously? Did they charge you anything more than a reholder fee?

:o:o was it a mistake??

Keep in mind...it does not cost $40 to re-holder. That includes shipping.

Keep in mind...it does not cost $40 to re-holder. That includes shipping.

I factor shipping cost into price of comics I buy online ... shouldn't I factor shipping cost into price of re-holdering?

This is not a thread to post all of your self-congratulatory "I pack better than anyone" slap on the back posts. Because, chances are you don't.

Yet again, I get books today from two board members that are INCORRECTLY packed :sumo: Don't tell me about boxes, or bubble-wrap or cardboard or Mylars or whatever YOU think works - I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! :P

If you don't know enough to TAPE the bag down to the board on all four edges, then you could ship it in Iron Man's spare suit and the corners are still gonna get dinged - how freakin' stoopid can you get???

BOOKS MOVE AROUND WITHIN THE PACKAGE - GET IT? :makepoint:

rantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrantrant

HOW MANY FREAKIN' TIMES DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS POST?

If your going to rant about it name some names or is this a he'll see my post and know who he is type of thing?

Got in an Ebay order one time with the comic packed nicely in a bag with board...and postage and address right on the backside over the white backing board. Comic in plain site all the way thru the shipping. They just took a bagged and boarded comic and put the postge right on it without even packing it up in an envelope. A silver-age comic just string face up whereever it was sent. Even my mail carrier knew what was in the bag. lol

Go figure. And I was charged $5 to ship (shrug)

You did not send $11 and a Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2 to CGC and get a Giant Size X-Men #1 9.4 back. I simply do not believe that happened.

Got in an Ebay order one time with the comic packed nicely in a bag with board...and postage and address right on the backside over the white backing board. Comic in plain site all the way thru the shipping. They just took a bagged and boarded comic and put the postge right on it without even packing it up in an envelope. A silver-age comic just string face up whereever it was sent. Even my mail carrier knew what was in the bag. lol

Go figure. And I was charged $5 to ship (shrug)

That's freakin' hilarious! :roflmao:

Sorry, didn't see this before responding. Reholder fee + shipping only. That's why it was a fantastic surprise.

has anyone gotten the opposite surprise, where they sent in a 9.2 and got back a 9.0 for example?!

I think the CGC site's explanation for packaging comics sent to them isn't quite good enough.

DEFINITELY put all comics into some sort of plastic bag, tape it shut, and tape that to the one piece of the cardboard sandwich.

PLEASE.

/soapbox

-slym

This is not a thread to post all of your self-congratulatory "I pack better than anyone" slap on the back posts. Because, chances are you don't.

Yet again, I get books today from two board members that are INCORRECTLY packed :sumo: Don't tell me about boxes, or bubble-wrap or cardboard or Mylars or whatever YOU think works - I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! :P

If you don't know enough to TAPE the bag down to the board on all four edges, then you could ship it in Iron Man's spare suit and the corners are still gonna get dinged - how freakin' stoopid can you get???

BOOKS MOVE AROUND WITHIN THE PACKAGE - GET IT? :makepoint:

divad

Even if you do, the bottom corner can still get dinged if you ship it in a priority envelope. :baiting:

:sumo:

You did not send $11 and a Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2 to CGC and get a Giant Size X-Men #1 9.4 back. I simply do not believe that happened.

It did. I was there.

Sorry, didn't see this before responding. Reholder fee + shipping only. That's why it was a fantastic surprise.

has anyone gotten the opposite surprise, where they sent in a 9.2 and got back a 9.0 for example?!

Yup. Sent in a Detective Comics #10 CGC 4.0 in a CGC holder and it came back a CGC 3.0.