• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

I think all patriotic Americans should do all they can to prevent OUR National treasures from being exported,where they will forever be lost to our future generations.That being said,donations are requested for the purpose of rescuing that ALL AMERICAN from the foreign intelopers.If only fifty Patriotic Americans will match my $25 seed money, we can set the wheels.... thumbsup2.gif

I think all patriotic Americans should do all they can to prevent OUR National treasures from being exported,where they will forever be lost to our future generations.That being said,donations are requested for the purpose of rescuing that ALL AMERICAN from the foreign intelopers.If only fifty Patriotic Americans will match my $25 seed money, we can set the wheels.... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Shad....speaking as a patriotic American I quite agree. Err, does SOUTH American count?

Ian,

I was at my local Comic shop yesterday and after rummaging through about 50 long boxes and stacks of Falling in Love and Heart Throbs, Mutt and Jeff etc.........the closest I cam to anything on your list was a Heart Throbs #66 893frustrated.gif

I don't suppose that's a particularly rare copy is it 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Ian,

I was at my local Comic shop yesterday and after rummaging through about 50 long boxes and stacks of Falling in Love and Heart Throbs, Mutt and Jeff etc.........the closest I cam to anything on your list was a Heart Throbs #66

I don't suppose that's a particularly rare copy is it

Oh please please can I have it ?????

Please tell me you bought it please...............

Sorry gang, I was attempting to state that I found an issue 68, so the book I came closet to finding was the Heart Throb #66.....man...what a knuckle head I am. foreheadslap.gif

I already apologized to Ian for the wording of my post as I wasn't trying to get his hopes up. Now I have to find a copy of that darn book to make it up to him!!! 893frustrated.gif

speaking as a patriotic American I quite agree. Err, does SOUTH American count?

You're not South American !!!!!!!!!!

South Hampstead more like.

Your parents might have come from there, but you're as British as I am.

Blimey, guv'. I dunno what you're talkin' abaht. 27_laughing.gif

Does anybody on here know anything about a series of 1940s giveaway magazines called "Joan And Ginger's Magazine" ???

They look EXACTLY like Superman Tims, and the 1947 issues have Superman-Tim comic strips in them, quite lengthy ones, which is frustrating because a lot of the Superman Tims themselves only have games and puzzles, yet these Joan And Gingers have proper Superman comic strips inside. I didn't believe it till I saw three of them with my own eyes.

SOMEONE on here must surely know something about this ?????

Does anybody on here know anything about a series of 1940s giveaway magazines called "Joan And Ginger's Magazine" ???

They look EXACTLY like Superman Tims, and the 1947 issues have Superman-Tim comic strips in them, quite lengthy ones, which is frustrating because a lot of the Superman Tims themselves only have games and puzzles, yet these Joan And Gingers have proper Superman comic strips inside. I didn't believe it till I saw three of them with my own eyes.

Hey everybody....

I really really REALLY do need to find out if anyone has ever heard of these.

Anybody ??????????????

Hey everybody....

I really really REALLY do need to find out if anyone has ever heard of these.

Anybody ??????????????

Do you want us all to say, "No, Ian, I have not heard of these." Will that help?

I'll go first:

NO, IAN, I HAVE NOT HEARD OF THESE.[/i]

893naughty-thumb.gif What about that series of 1940s giveaway magazines called "Joan And Ginger's Magazine" that you were begging for me to trade you for my CGC 10.0 LOSH 300, not on census yet? insane.gif quit holding out on Ian and bend over backwards to aid the man in his quest, foolio.. insane.gif