• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Very Cool MaDonald's

25 posts in this topic

This is pretty neat. The place had original art , 3-D cells , and pictures all over the place. I would venture a thought that the owner of this McDonald's is a comic geek. The family and I stopped here to get a ice cream when we were on vacation at the coast last weekend.

091-1.jpg

089.jpg

087.jpg

094.jpg

11111.jpg

093.jpg

that's a real risk that owner is taking to show his comics love. kudos to him.

Yeah, it's only a matter of time until someone's precious little snowflake knocks one or more of them off the wall, throws a soda at them, or bob knows what else.

It's worth the risk if they are decorating the place...besides..you break..you buy!

Agreed that is the general rule.

Very cool McDonalds indeed! I couldn't quite make it out but was one of the pics a transformers type Cap America?

Oh and by the way this is in a small town called Nipomo on Hwy 101 in California between Santa Maria And Pismo Beach

Wow! My mom lives in Pismo. I've seen that McDonald's off the highway but have never stopped in. I have to take a look the next time I visit her.

It's worth the risk if they are decorating the place...besides..you break..you buy!

Very cool McDonalds indeed! I couldn't quite make it out but was one of the pics a transformers type Cap America?

Ok if i'm not mistakes that was Captain America in the later part of his first series not to informed on the mid 1990 stuff but i think that's what it is and also i was really interested in the Impossible Man spalsh page it had wolverines claws but i couldn't make out the issue # or series does anyone know what that is from.

Yeah that might be the general rule, but just imagine the owner telling the mother that the comic book picture her snowflake destroyed is gonna cost her $2500. I would imagine a lawsuit would ensue, with the judge eventually asking the owner why in the hell he posted such pricey artwork in a McDonald's.

You're right on that but, I think the pictures are high enough that if a kid really wanted to get to them, it would be no accident, it would be a purposeful and deliberate attempt to damage the hanged frames, in which case, the parents were not paying attention as their kids were literally climbing on a counter to get to the cells or drawings and the McD workers never noticed someone climbing on such counter either; with that arguement as well, if there is nobody paying attention, they'd would also be a target for theft. 2c

Wow, very cool! :cool:

Though independently owned, I thought individual McD's still had to subscribe to the franchise "look" of things?

I guess not... :/

Very cool indeed. Thanks for sharing. I agree with SolitaireOne, franchises generally have a "franchise" look and I'm surprised that MacD allows this. Kudos to the owner.