• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

Thanks guys.

Only need a #54 and #59 to complete Kirby's entire TGK run.

From one Kirby collector to another and assuming the photo shows everything, if you want the entire TGK run that Kirby did covers and/or interiors for, you also need #48, 52, 55, 56, 57 and 58. BTW, #66 is a Don Heck cover and #73 is by Dick Ayers.

Not trying to disrespect that great collection of books, just thought you might want to know!

From one Kirby collector to another and assuming the photo shows everything, if you want the entire TGK run that Kirby did covers and/or interiors for, you also need #48, 52, 55, 56, 57 and 58. BTW, #66 is a Don Heck cover and #73 is by Ayers.

Not trying to disrespect that great collection of books, just thought you might want to know!

Thanks , I knew about #66 & #73 but for the sake of a complete group shot, just thought I'd keep them in anyway.

I didn't actually know #48 & 52 was Kirby though, so went and checked them out. I just always thought his first issue was #54.

Anyway here are his others you mentioned (although of course missing the 54 & 59).

kMaNx01.jpg

Nice! I am seeing quite a few westerns pop up with dual sigs lately. More than likely all come from the same seller?

Ghost Rider doesn't get anywhere near the love of the big three, which is probably just down to the name being later reused and more known.

I have talked about this before. Wyatt Earp was like the Chuck Norris of the western guys. Check out this cover. The horse is rolling....it's clear that he was on that horse....he jumps clear of certain death AND is returning fire...and appears to have shot of of the guns out of that guys hand. :o. He is one BAD MAN! :applause:

Wyatt Earp #15

62d1e8f2a977459287e100f5be7c53c1_zps2fd59d51.jpg[/img]

has anyone else noticed that there are two cover dates for Rawhide Kid 18? According to the CGC census, there is a September and October cover date. I've seen the October, but never the September. There are several slabbed September cover dates.

I've never seen a September version. Scan?

Is it possible that it's just a mis-entry in the census?

They are all handwritten.

If I recall correctly -- a couple or three years back, someone had found an illustration with a typeset '60' but it turned out that the picture had been doctored by Marvel as part of a reprint project --- bit of a retcon.

Perhaps someone else can remember this posting?