• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

This is a nuts idea but have you ever thought that he really thinks that?

It really isnt a stretch to think that since nothing is added, taken away, or otherwise changed, it isnt an issue :shrug:

You didn't just trot out the old "nothing added...nothing taken away" argument.....did you?

Heat/pressure/moisture = added

NCB creases/indents/bends = taken away

9.4 becomes 9.8 = changed

:whistle:

only thing I would like to add is that the people that work with old newsprint print and books to press them are called restorers. They restore it to as close to it's original state as possible. So, I'm sure they would agree that comic book pressing is a form of restoration. Now whether that is a bad thing is up to the individual to decide

i said it before and i'll say it again, this is America, the land of capitalism! :gossip::o the sooner you guys get that in your head, the less whining there will be, and no, i've never sent any books to be pressed. :slapfight:

:censored: it. Can't we all just agree to disagree? At least for today. :foryou: Surely we can play nice.

Are you drunk :jokealert:

I take offense to that Sir! I'm only three beers into a twelve pack.

I do apologise - enjoy the other 9 (thumbs u

i said it before and i'll say it again, this is America, the land of capitalism! :gossip::o the sooner you guys get that in your head, the less whining there will be, and no, i've never sent any books to be pressed. :slapfight:

This is the internet..... :gossip:

canada-flag-14.gif

:censored: it. Can't we all just agree to disagree? At least for today. :foryou: Surely we can play nice.

Are you drunk :jokealert:

I take offense to that Sir! I'm only three beers into a twelve pack.

I do apologise - enjoy the other 9 (thumbs u

:banana:

i said it before and i'll say it again, this is America, the land of capitalism!

It is? :o

WTF did I just pay Canadian customs tax on a $1300 slab then?

The other thing is, like FF or somebody pointed out, everyone acts like pressing occurred in 2000 -- since I know it was going on in the 80s and 90s, I'm pretty confident that the books aren't turning to dust anytime soon, especially since it was done to some pedigree books.

Brian don't remind me - I'm trying to block this out of my mind, as when I do still pull the trigger on a HG slab its almost always a Pedigree copy now. With what we know about the manipulation occurring in the HG slabbed market, Pedigree copies are the only things I can still seem to stomach at the 9.4+ multiple of guide. I know they are definitely not immune to the "treatment", but I view them in a similar fashion to OA, there is only one Western Penn DD #6 etc.

i said it before and i'll say it again, this is America, the land of capitalism!

Because Canada is the land of TAXATION - I remember the first check I ever got in the US, I looked at the taxation taken out and lol

Because Canada is the land of TAXATION - I remember the first check I ever got in the US, I looked at the taxation taken out and lol

Hey, I love the idea of working hard to make six figures, only to have the government take half for services I never use. meh

Hey, I love the idea of working hard to make six figures, only to have the government take half for services I never use. meh

You're free to leave..... :baiting:

Nah. I think I'll just apply for welfare, and go to the emergency room every time I have gas.

Nah. I think I'll just apply for welfare, and go to the emergency room every time I have gas.

Andrew I will say that to the contrary I had some health issues this year and it cost me approx 5K AND I HAVE GREAT INSURANCE allegedly through the corporation I work through out here. So ya the taxes are great but I wouldn't want to get seriously ill in the US with or without insurance.

2c

Does anyone else see the dfference between restoration and preservation?
Conservation? Preserve would be to keep it's current state. Unless you mean restored vs. untouched?

Hard to explain but I will try.

Lets say you have a book and a piece is torn off. 1. you can get an expert to restore it and do their magic of whatever they do with fibre and glue and such or 2. you could just add a piece of tape. Wouldn't 1. be restoration and 2. preservation.

Going through the thread, reading from the beginning, as is my wont... THIS one I had to reply to without finishing...

1 would be restoration, and 2 would be DESTRUCTION...

Tape is my absolute end all be all least favourite defect... I HATE tape!

Cimm, a tape hater