• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

Do you care if a comic has been pressed?  

1,227 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if a comic has been pressed?

337 posts in this topic

The fact that 34% of collectors in the poll do NOT feel books should be pressed should give serious cause for concern over this practice. There is NO consensus that pressing is OK. Therefore it should not be condoned.

The fact that 34% of collectors in the poll do NOT feel books should be pressed should give serious cause for concern over this practice. There is NO consensus that pressing is OK. Therefore it should not be condoned.

^^ Great observation

Cool! A pressing thread!

I don't care if a book is pressed and I don't care if that info is disclosed to me.

I do disclose because some folks want that info.

In theory I think pressing is a fine idea. I have paid to have a few of my books pressed (never sold any) and have purchased pressed books.

However, I am concerned about possible damage to books, especially when trying to sqeeze out every last spine crease. For the light folds and corner creases pressing works great but I have seen resulting staple stress and creases turning into tears on some books. I have also seen pressed books that simply look like flattened pancakes, they look terrible.

In summary, I think we may be over doing it.

I am okay with pressing. I like to know if it has been done, but it would not bother me if I did not know.

Once I have the book in hand, that is when I determine if I am happy with it or not.