• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comics and M. Whitman cover artist

127 posts in this topic

As the thread is here and I have nearly all of Whitman's covers for Jumbo Comics, I thought I may as well post them here. As you will see, some of his covers are simply magnificent!

Not just some but many are magnificent! And I'm in awe that you've managed to assemble so many nice ones.

:applause:

Do you collect just the Jumbos or the other Maurice Whitman Fiction House books as well?

???

As the thread is here and I have nearly all of Whitman's covers for Jumbo Comics, I thought I may as well post them here. As you will see, some of his covers are simply magnificent!

Not just some but many are magnificent! And I'm in awe that you've managed to assemble so many nice ones.

:applause:

Do you collect just the Jumbos or the other Maurice Whitman Fiction House books as well?

???

I've had most of them in my time - they come and they go! I have many of the Jungles and some of the Fights. But your copies are outstanding!

JungleComics13355.jpg

JungleComics13470.jpg

JungleComics13670.jpg

JungleComics13745.jpg

JumboComics16070.jpg

This has always been my favorite Jumbo cover, although it's hard to choose. The content sort of turns the theme of all the previous covers upside down with the ape being the victim and the poacher, the villain. Sheena is righteous and progressive.

The last few books are incredibly hard to find in grade. Nice books (as always), Alanna. (thumbs u

Certainly the last 10 or so issues of jumbo can be tough to find. generally true of other latter day FH titles I think. Havent checked but not too many on the census I suspect! But my favourite Whitman covers have to be the Ghost covers. Once had them all, sold the lesser copies, still trying to fill the gap in the lower order:

GhostComics170.jpg

GhostComics675.jpg

Certainly the last 10 or so issues of jumbo can be tough to find. generally true of other latter day FH titles I think. Havent checked but not too many on the census I suspect! But my favourite Whitman covers have to be the Ghost covers.

Agreed. 1, 2, and 8 are the best IMO.

Some really nice Whitman covers you posted today, alanna!!! :applause:

JumboComics15770.jpg