• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comics and M. Whitman cover artist

127 posts in this topic

In honor of the Feast of the Circumcision I'm posting a scan of my entire collection of Jungle Comics:

Jungle144.jpg

(thumbs u

If your entire collection of Jungles is 1 book, then you did a great job choosing which book. I love this cover, it is one of my favorite of the later issue Jungles.

If your entire collection of Jungles is 1 book, then you did a great job choosing which book. I love this cover, it is one of my favorite of the later issue Jungles.

It's actually the Circle 8 pedigree copy. I'd have more of the Whitman Jungles but that's the only one I've come across at a show in nice enough condition to shell out the cash!

Unfortunately, I'm a stockbroker and my income has taken a sickening dive in the last three years so....

:sick:

after much ogling of the Fight #81 cov above- it's right up there with Planet #72. the narrative is great with Tiger Girl grabbing the gunstrap so the shot goes awry and in 2 secs the bad guy will no longer have a face... not to mention the luscious TG herself in a charming if compromised pose- her fur is even furry... well, heck, the below ain't too shabby either- evil clowns rule!

img311.jpg

Nice Jumbos but are those all Maurice Whitman? The art on some of those looks very different from the last few Planet Comics.

The 149 and 153 are really cool books. Love the colors on both.

Those are all Whitman -- he was able to deliver in any genre put out by Fiction House.

Nice trio, hepcat! :applause:

In honor of the Feast of the Circumcision I'm posting a scan of my entire collection of Jungle Comics:

Jungle144.jpg

(thumbs u

Actually they sort of choose themselves. Whenever I stumble across a Whitman cover with sufficient eye appeal I pick it up, finances permitting of course!

;)