• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else have any "Guy Holcombe" books?
1 1

60 posts in this topic

Good catch! And a nice looking copy...

Ronaldospictures250.jpg

Thats my old copy :)

Did Guy Holcombe buy it from you?

Yes, the Archie #1, 3, & 4 had to go ..... between lousy business , flooding in our warehouse (71 boxes of vintage batman toys), we are insured but they have been dragging their feet for some unknown reason, and a kidney stone the size of a piece of krytonite, this week has not been the greatest. I REALLY hated to sell it Gary. It was sent in for grading and you will be happy to know that it received a 7.0 the finest copy out there ...... and for a time, you, GaryColobuono, and I had owned a piece of history. I am also selling it because Archie has made the wrong marital choice. He should have chosen BETTY!!!!!!!

Yes, the Archie #1, 3, & 4 had to go ..... between lousy business , flooding in our warehouse (71 boxes of vintage batman toys), we are insured but they have been dragging their feet for some unknown reason, and a kidney stone the size of a piece of krytonite, this week has not been the greatest. I REALLY hated to sell it Gary. It was sent in for grading and you will be happy to know that it received a 7.0 the finest copy out there ...... and for a time, you, GaryColobuono, and I had owned a piece of history. I am also selling it because Archie has made the wrong marital choice. He should have chosen BETTY!!!!!!!

No question about Betty.

Veronica is the kind of girl you have fun with. Betty is the kind of girl you marry.

Unless it's just the money you're after... hm

Sorry to hear about the flood, Dave. Good thing no comics got destroyed.

I've had my share of kidney stones. I don't even want to go there... :makepoint:

what about this one (ghoti, I assume you consigned?)

archie1.jpg

Wow, that's a great looking book. I wonder what it will go for.

well, given that a 4.0 detached cover went for almost 9K, my guess is north of $25K (maybe way north)

That is what I am hoping. I am getting teardrops forming in my eyes as I was really hoping that this book would be around in my hands for many more years..... but that is what life throws you sometimes. What do you guys really expect it to go for considering it is THE best book out there and it is much rarer than Superman #1 or Batman #1?

That is what I am hoping. I am getting teardrops forming in my eyes as I was really hoping that this book would be around in my hands for many more years..... but that is what life throws you sometimes. What do you guys really expect it to go for considering it is THE best book out there and it is much rarer than Superman #1 or Batman #1?
I am sure some archie collectors will chime in...

given that lower grade blue copies sell for 2+ x guide, I suspect a nice mid to high grade would go at least 3-4x guide (shrug)

What do you guys really expect it to go for considering it is THE best book out there and it is much rarer than Superman #1 or Batman #1?

It will definitely go for more than all but one person is willing to pay.

And some lucky bastich, after winning the opportunity to pay more than anyone else, will be very excited to have it.

Good luck with the sale, Ghoti (thumbs u

What do you guys really expect it to go for considering it is THE best book out there and it is much rarer than Superman #1 or Batman #1?

It will definitely go for more than all but one person is willing to pay.

And some lucky bastich, after winning the opportunity to pay more than anyone else, will be very excited to have it.

Good luck with the sale, Ghoti (thumbs u

said with the eloquence of a bedrock!

eloquence

:o That's a mighty big word there Gator.

ask parker if I spelled it right

It might be too big even for Parker. :golfclap:

I'm still looking through my collection, but this is the only one I've come across so far.

wings11.jpg

Now that's how you knock out a German wearing a goofy helmet!

eloquence

I have no problem believing that with a dictionary Parker might get it right!

:sumo:

eloquence

Can you picture Parker opening a dictionary?

eloquence

Can you picture Parker opening a dictionary?

Before or after he cracks it out of a slab?

hm