• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't know either of the players in this drama but I did spend a couple of years as a powerseller on ebay and took great pride in my packaging. In thousands of transactions, I never once had a return or a request for a refund. Not once. One of the reasons was because I packaged to survive whatever could possibly happen short of explosives. It cost me more, especially since I never charged handling, only cost of shipping, but I didn't want unsatisfied customers.

Ghastly, you made a mistake. That's the bottom line. It's not unheard of for a person to make an error. You didn't pack the box to insure the safe arrival of the books, plain and simple. Pay restitution, learn from your mistake, and invest in better packing materials. That's the smart way to end this. You gambled a lot of money on bad packaging and are now trying to make your customer pay the price for your wager. You messed up. Give the refund and get your name off the list.

-- Joanna

I never have posted in this thread before, but would a "refund" that has not been recieved for over 2 months count..?? I won't mention the person's name just yet, but this has been going on for so long that I feel a public disclosure may be warranted. Checking this person last "logged on" post, it is date Oct. 30th. We've had e-mail exchanges from the start and he did acknowledge that a refund was in order and he did get the books back, but notta since then...... :( However, my PM says it was "unread by none", so I guess he knows I am not happy, but I am being very patient.

One thing concerning Old Man, he was on a buying spree a while back and he did let me "have" a book that he posted an "I'll Take It" on. I wonder what really happened to him... hm

Edited by Comcasthawk

Divad,

old man should be added to the probation list, for reasons that we have previously discussed, along with continued lack of communication and lack of payment.

I already added him a few days ago. He hasn't paid or responded to my PMs either.

old man just "bought" books off of johnenock on the 16th of last month.

i guess he's waiting for his next paycheck

He agreed to purchase books from me in September, with the understanding that he would have been paid off no later than Thanksgiving. B.S. and broken promises were all I received after receiving a late down payment.

How much does he owe you? He owes me $1,235

doh!

$800

Unbelievable. I can't believe he has more than one transaction where he owes that kind of money.

He has owed me for at least 6 months. At this point I give up on ever collecting, but I'll be damned if I let him buy another book in the marketplace without throwing a fit about it.

I have been so patient with this guy, it is unbelievable. He has made promise after promise, and has not delivered. This is his last 2 posts to me:

Yes,I am very sorry for the delay I have been out of town for the holidays I will be seening you a check for half by the end of the week and the other half wright after Christmas.I know this my sounnd like B.S but I forgot all about these the pulps with our orginal e-mail was 4 pages back.I can not belive how long this has been agian I am very sorry. Lawrence

Hello,I will be calling you tomorrow afternoon I do need more time I can sent 600 overnight,and the rest after Christmas I hope this is OK I know this is not or agreement,but this is the best that I can do. Thanks,Lawrence

He's right. It does sound like B.S. Obviously, no overnight payment was ever received.

I hate to admit it, but you are probably right. The good thing is, at least for me, is that I sold the books at cost. So the fact that he can't pay for them isn't the complete end of the world. Just wish he would have been upfront with me, as opposed to out-and-out lying.