• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just a follow-up. The book finally showed up today. Yay! :)

Thanks for the help / advise, guys!

That`s great. Tell the buyer that next time he should try to have more patience than a 4-year old!

At the end of VCC I sold a copy of Daredevil #1 for $85 to BCC. I sent it off on 12/10/07 Priority Mail. He claims he never received it. I did not put delivery confirmation, nor insurance on the package, nor did he ask for it (I only charged $5 for shipping).

Anyway, it's been around 2 weeks and he says he's still not received it.

I have no history with BCC, but I know people on this board will vouch for my transaction rate / satisfaction (which is 100%).

He's demanding a refund, saying I should bear the loss since I did not insure or track it. I proposed that both of us to bear the loss as he did not ask for tracking / insurance either. I do have the receipt for the shipped item and intend to file a missing package report to the Post Office.

Suggestions?

I thought Priority automatically came with tracking.

Anyways, unless there's good reason to believe that BCC is lying, I agree with what the others here have said, that it's basically the seller's responsibility to ensure safe delivery unless there is tracking and/or insurance. Given that the mailing took place during December, when the postal system goes crazy, I would say that both of you should give it at least 2 more weeks before reaching a settlement.

Since it's only been 2 weeks, this transaction is not even eligible for probation yet and probably should have been brought up in the Discussion thread instead.

Tracking only comes automatically with Priority if you purchase it online. Otherwise I agree with Tim wholeheartedly :grin::hi:

I found out last week that USPS Express Mail (expensive $64.00) is the only way to get a tracking number for a package going outside of the U.S.. My question is how do you all ship international packages? Even on a small package shipping with FedEx can be VERY expensive. For a blank box the size of a USPS priority flate rate they wanted $104.00? (shrug) My package was going to France and I ended up taking a chance by sending it without a tracking #, but insuring it for full value.

Thanks,

CC

Edited by CarolinaComix

I dont know what the answer is. With USPS, they cant track the package once it leaves the US because they are no longer in possesion of the parcel (i am assuming this from conversations with PO workers).

That is why they have very limited tracking on international parcels.

FedEx is expensive, as is UPS, but for international, they are really the only choice if you HAVE to have tracking info as the package never leaves their posserion until taken by the addressee

Arex

I dont know what the answer is. With USPS, they cant track the package once it leaves the US because they are no longer in possesion of the parcel (i am assuming this from conversations with PO workers).

That is why they have very limited tracking on international parcels.

FedEx is expensive, as is UPS, but for international, they are really the only choice if you HAVE to have tracking info as the package never leaves their posserion until taken by the addressee

Arex

Thanks bud (thumbs u (thumbs u

Andrew

What drives me nuts is that he's done this before and he was on this list before. Sure, he eventually made good with most everyone (except October) but the fact that it took a public outing to get the money was a red flag to me and I publically stated I would not sell to him again.

I'm surprised others here coninued to to business with him after that incident. The whole point of this thread is to publically acknowledge these guys who do not follow thru on transactions so others don't get taken by the same people.

So why did it fail? Generosity on board members to give a second chance? Greed? Not reading this thread?

I have no idea. (shrug)

The purpose of this thread is to alert sellers and buyers to Board transactions, that for one reason or another have gone south, and have not been resolved by and between the participants to the transaction.

To impart any greater meaning or duty to this thread is somewhat of a disservice to all. Old man was on the probation thread earlier this year. He reached a resolution with all of the complaining parties at the time he was put on the list. It has been reported that he has since involved himself in other transactions, and not completed them. As the rules go, he will remain on the list until notice of resolution is received from each of those complaining parties. :)

It's interesting that Board members have their own opinions on how to use the information herein, but as there is no enforcement power beyond publication, there is no way to take comprehensive action. 2c

He's still hanging around the Forum. He entered my grading contest tonight. So he's apparently purposely avoiding paying his debt to October... (tsk)

Jim

He's still hanging around the Forum. He entered my grading contest tonight. So he's apparently purposely avoiding paying his debt to October... (tsk)

Jim

Which makes no sense to me. From what I saw from October's sales threads, his prices are quite reasonable. My prices were as well...

Jim

Which makes no sense to me. From what I saw from October's sales threads, his prices are quite reasonable. My prices were as well...

Wow. Not cool. Most of his stuff has been resold, but he could at least pick up what's left.

12/10/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

DiceX

(added 12/7/07)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Fandango

(added 11/7/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

(added 8/9/07)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

newkingintown

(added 10/18/07)

Old Man

(added 12/7/07)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

:sumo:

Well for what it's worth, it has been another month and still no contact from DiceX.

What an utter shame.

Cant be too nice all the time, unfortunate but true...

Well at the time I was buying books from a trusted board member. Yes perhaps I was too nice by buying him out,but didn't ever think it would become an issue. Not to mention he was selling what I collected so it seemed like win win.

Of course hindsight now says differently.

12/10/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

DiceX

(added 12/7/07)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Fandango

(added 11/7/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Joker-Fish

(added 8/9/07)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

newkingintown

(added 10/18/07)

Old Man

(added 12/7/07)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

:sumo:

Well for what it's worth, it has been another month and still no contact from DiceX.

What an utter shame.

For what it's worth, I don't think anyone on the list has made good . . . which of course is why there IS a list (:

And now it is an updated, bumped to the top of the thread list. (shrug)

Seriously though, people have asked me this past month if Steve had contacted me, or made good on any of what he owed me. So I thought I would say it here as well.

If thats ok with you that is... :baiting:

I will be adding someone today if they don't answer my PM and pony up. Over $10. We really need to do something about new people.

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

PM'd me to buy a $10 lot of books, told me what a great deal and that he wanted them. I sent payment information. PM'd me a day later wanting references from me since he was paying big money to someone he didn't know. Gave him all that.

Ignored 2 pm's over two days and then today said he's looking at other ventures. Don't really need this from an 18 post person. Might as well stop it before others get aggravated.

Edited by pirate

I will be adding someone today if they don't answer my PM and pony up. Over $10. We really need to do something about new people.

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

PM'd me to buy a $10 lot of books, told me what a great deal and that he wanted them. I sent payment information. PM'd me a day later wanting references from me since he was paying big money to someone he didn't know. Gave him all that.

Ignored 2 pm's over two days and then today said he's looking at other ventures. Don't really need this from an 18 post person. Might as well stop it before others get aggravated.

Hope he has success in his other $10 "venture". That's some tall cash! :screwy:

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

ROFL!

Can't blame him for being wary. Your 10,913 posts here might have been just to trick us into trusting you with $10. I've seen it before. (tsk)

Ok adding

THATONEGUY

ROFL!

Can't blame him for being wary. Your 10,913 posts here might have been just to trick us into trusting you with $10. I've seen it before. (tsk)

:roflmao:

Damn.

My scam of building up 25,000 posts then whipping out the color touched Spawn 1s will never work now.

:mad: