• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been away for such a long time.

First of all, I want to thank everyone from the forum that offered a hand or well wishes during the past year of my life. I’ve been on a hell of a ride and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I especially would like to thank Kenny (Ze-man) for being way more forgiving and patient than I could have ever asked of anyone. Kenny is a saint, and I’ll be the first one to stand up for him if anyone were to question his character or morals.

That being said, I’m not here looking for sympathy. I just want to let the few that care, know that I am alive and on my way back on my feet. I know I have a long way to go, but all I can do is take one step at a time. I can see the future now, and that’s a good feeling to have.

I can’t explain what happened with Kenny as anything other than me not being able to focus on what I needed to focus on. I’ve been through a lot in the past several months, and I can’t really blame anyone but myself. I feel bad that I put Kenny in the position he was in. All I can do is offer my deepest apology to him and hope he can find it in his heart to forgive me.

This matter is between Kenny and myself. Nobody else is involved, other than the witch hunt on the forum, which I totally understand because I’m used to being on your side of this type of situation. :) My days of buying and selling comics will be dead for at least the next several years, and quite possibly forever, so I’m not begging to be taken off of the probation list. Take me off when Kenny feels like I’ve served my time. Not until then.

Despite what some might want to believe, I would never rip anyone off. I just lost focus and put a friend in a tough situation because of it. I’m not a crook. Just a guy that had his life go to hell. The books he purchased were in my possession the entire time, and there was never any temptation to do anything other than get them to Kenny to complete the transaction.

That being said, I hope to be able to start contributing to the forum again. I’m sure I can’t post at the level I used to, but I sure miss all of you guys.

Hey Steve, all things aside it was just good to finally hear from you again. Getting the books soon is just a bonus. Here is to hoping things get better for you and we can just talk comics next time we speak.

Regarding the probation thing, I don't really care one way or the other since you are making good on our deal, and as you said you probably wont be buying/selling any comics here(at least for a long while) so I see no real need for you to be on or off the list. That said once the items I bought arrive your name will at least have a "issue resolved" next to it.

Take care and don't be a stranger round here, your input is greatly missed.

Thanks

Kenny

Thanks, guys.

Things are not peachy yet, but I'm starting to feel better about which direction I'm heading. Everything will be ok again. I just have to hang on until it happens. (thumbs u

I'm feeling pretty "damned" right now, and Pirate is still not willing to make amends. I'm not going to buy the books, and i wish he would move on.

I'm a little confused here, you didn't follow through on a purchase, but you expect to be off the probation list, because it's Pirate's fault for reporting you?

I think your logic is a little mixed up here...it was nice that you posted an apology, but this post, makes me think the behavior would only continue.

Think about what you are posting. ...you might want to rephrase that...

I'm feeling pretty "damned" right now, and Pirate is still not willing to make amends. I'm not going to buy the books, and i wish he would move on.

He won't :sumo:

:whistle:

I think it is probably time for you to move on - post an :takeit: if you are serious about something and have the cash to back it up. If you don't want public, then PM them. Otherwise, don't do it.

There are plenty of folks on here that could care less what others think. Especially those that repeatedly behave in a less than savory manner.

If you deserve a second (or third) chance, then demonstrate it.

As much as I hate to, I think I should mention comicgrinder. He posted a :takeit: both via PM and on my sales thread for Silver Surfer #6 a week ago. I've PMd him 4 times since his initial PM asking for his address and asking him to please contact me, but so far not a peep.

I'm hoping he was able to send a PM but hasn't been able to see ones he has gotten, so maybe he'll see this and get in touch with me. Not ready for probation just yet, but hopefully a mention in this thread will help resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, I have to add two names to the list!!

1. Hobo - Did not recieve item (Detective Comics #104) sold to me in December 2007.

2. klozd24seven - Did not recieve item (Megaton Explosion - 2 cgc copies) sold to me in August 2007.

Note: Repeated notifications have been sent to both individuals.