• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that DiceX called me yesterday out of the blue to imform me that all my stuff had been shipped, and I could expect it as soon as today.

If everything arrives safely we can remove him from the probation list.

This is very good news indeed. Just hearing from him went a long way.

That's really good news, Kenny. I'm glad to hear there's a happy ending to the whole deal :applause: . Hopefully DiceX has turned a corner and is back on his way up.

i think arch should make the age 18 and have some verification system. Too much of this stuff lately
After PIF's arrival, he raised it to 14? 0r 15?

14 to 15

But PIF was 13 so I don't know why she triggered a change.

I think it should be 18 and grandfather clause the under age people we already have to be allowed to stay.

16 would be enough.

If you can drive a car and put up with the lunitics on the road you should be able to wade through the krap here.

hm I stopped today to help a 16 year old who took a corner too fast, bounced off a 2' Oak tree and took out 4 6" maples. I'd say he was taking the corner about 30 mph too fast. Mom wasn't happy, and is having his license revoked. he's lucky to be ok. I'm still not convinced that 16 is old enough for these boards.

I agree. Especially when it comes to buying and selling.

I still think probation is probation. Just because someone comes through a year later shouldn't mean absolution. You should remain on it for a X amount of time after you make good. Not that anyone actually cares when money is being thrown at them.

Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been away for such a long time.

First of all, I want to thank everyone from the forum that offered a hand or well wishes during the past year of my life. I’ve been on a hell of a ride and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I especially would like to thank Kenny (Ze-man) for being way more forgiving and patient than I could have ever asked of anyone. Kenny is a saint, and I’ll be the first one to stand up for him if anyone were to question his character or morals.

That being said, I’m not here looking for sympathy. I just want to let the few that care, know that I am alive and on my way back on my feet. I know I have a long way to go, but all I can do is take one step at a time. I can see the future now, and that’s a good feeling to have.

I can’t explain what happened with Kenny as anything other than me not being able to focus on what I needed to focus on. I’ve been through a lot in the past several months, and I can’t really blame anyone but myself. I feel bad that I put Kenny in the position he was in. All I can do is offer my deepest apology to him and hope he can find it in his heart to forgive me.

This matter is between Kenny and myself. Nobody else is involved, other than the witch hunt on the forum, which I totally understand because I’m used to being on your side of this type of situation. :) My days of buying and selling comics will be dead for at least the next several years, and quite possibly forever, so I’m not begging to be taken off of the probation list. Take me off when Kenny feels like I’ve served my time. Not until then.

Despite what some might want to believe, I would never rip anyone off. I just lost focus and put a friend in a tough situation because of it. I’m not a crook. Just a guy that had his life go to hell. The books he purchased were in my possession the entire time, and there was never any temptation to do anything other than get them to Kenny to complete the transaction.

That being said, I hope to be able to start contributing to the forum again. I’m sure I can’t post at the level I used to, but I sure miss all of you guys.

That being said, I hope to be able to start contributing to the forum again.

(thumbs u

Your "Q & A Comics Production Flaws" thread in the Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues forum is required reading

Thanks for posting that Sal, I'd never seen that thread before (thumbs u

Dice, I hope that things continue to improve for you.

i think arch should make the age 18 and have some verification system. Too much of this stuff lately

14 to 15

I think it should be 18 and grandfather clause the under age people we already have to be allowed to stay.

I agree.

14 to 15

I agree.

:banana: I'm glad someone does. I didn't get the feeling anyone did when I sugested that maybe DiceX would come clean on the deal with Kenny when we first learned of it.

BTW Kudos to DiceX and congratulations to Kenny!

Great show of humility here... welcome back!

Here's hoping 2008 will bring better times for you and yours :wishluck:

We ALL go through our ups and downs, Lord knows I have! It takes a lot of balls to come on here and admit your wrongs... for that, you should be commended!

Just wanted to let everyone know that DiceX called me yesterday out of the blue to imform me that all my stuff had been shipped, and I could expect it as soon as today.

If everything arrives safely we can remove him from the probation list.

This is very good news indeed. Just hearing from him went a long way.

Ya can't keep a good man down :applause:

I have to agree with you David :applause:

I still think probation is probation. Just because someone comes through a year later shouldn't mean absolution. You should remain on it for a X amount of time after you make good. Not that anyone actually cares when money is being thrown at them.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Is anyone really tracking the folks on this thread?

Except . . . . then it's not probation, it's damnation meh

(thumbs u

If someone who is on the list posts items for sale what happens?

Can it be removed or is this thread effectively just a warning that there is transaction risk?

(thumbs u

If someone who is on the list posts items for sale what happens?

Can it be removed or is this thread effectively just a warning that there is transaction risk?

This thread is just a warning.

This thread is just a warning.
It is only a warning. If this were a real emergency it would be followed by directions to get to your closest attic. There you would find multiple copies of Tec 27 that needed protecting. This thread is only a warning.