• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If its based on post count whats stopping someone from just posting all day to get the proper post count?

I think it needs to be a little more organized than that. Perhaps start with that, and create a list of posters with 2k+ posts or whatever, then after that to get on the "ok list to buy/sell" you have to be recommended by 2 - 5 of these established buyers or sellers after completing transactions with them. Of course, this will require a lot of effort and dedication of a few posters to really keep it organized... but hey just an idea.

Why not just deal with members who you know. :sumo:

If you don't know the member ask questions and if the date they signed up, as opposed to their post count is earlier than say 2 months,

you can refuse or choose to deal with them by your own discretion.

I'm out $240 to Matmarvels, for six X-23 comics, which He says shipped 11/22/07. I understand I should'nt have waited so long to post this... at least now I can say I gave Him more than the benifit of a doubt to resolve this problem... at the moment He hasn't replied to My PM's. this was My 1st buy thru these forums. now it will probably be My last.

Looks like Matmarvel hasn't posted on here since middle of December. We had a smooth trade towards the end of last year. Have you tried PM'g (Matmarvel not Matmarvels) or emailing?

If you don't know the member ask questions and if the date they signed up, as opposed to their post count is earlier than say 2 months,

you can refuse or choose to deal with them by your own discression.

Now here comes the "logic" argument telling us all about how we should exercise "caution" and "common sense" and "deal with know forum members" and "ask questions". Man, what is this word coming to? Before you know it I'll have to start looking both ways before I cross the street. doh!

you can refuse or choose to deal with them by your own discretion.

Or ask for Ebay or Dealer references. Or if anyother forumites will vouch for them.

Well that is the easy solution.
And the best. Some of the probation list is compiled with long time members. No guarantees so you have to use your judgment. Even people with stellar reputations can screw up.

Now here comes the "logic" argument telling us all about how we should exercise "caution" and "common sense" and "deal with know forum members" and "ask questions". Man, what is this word coming to? Before you know it I'll have to start looking both ways before I cross the street. doh!

driving.gif

driving.gif

lol

Rich,

Here is my view regarding post counts.

Lets take a look at some of the members on probation, along with their post counts:

Matmarvel -- 226

Bronzejunkie -- 171

Clobberintime --- 1766

OldMan -- 389

Comicmankev --- 2269

Newkingintown -- 35

Donavan74 -- 0

Sid -- 2272

Fandango -- 1132

SpiderJay300 -- forget to check :tonofbricks:

Ghastly -- 315

Superman20 -- 418

Herald2galactus --- 1113

JMarch51 -- 43

Joker-Fish --1083

and we can clearly see it works both ways.

If the person wants to flake out from a deal, it does not matter how many posts he has made. I have sold to forumites who have never posted without a hitch.

Peace

How come people always pay me? Even the 3 buyers with a combined 4 posts have paid me for some VCC purchases? (shrug)

They know what you'll do to them if they don't pay.

:eek:

How come people always pay me? Even the 3 buyers with a combined 4 posts have paid me for some VCC purchases? (shrug)

Send them 666 PMs til they lose the will to live?

lol

After you get hit by the car please don't say anything that includes "the wrong side of right". :wishluck:

lol

:applause: (thumbs u