• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Since you keep ignoring this question, and I think it IS pretty relevant, how do you respond to your actions with Sergio when you take into consideration this whole deal-gone-south with Adam?

Fixed that for you.

-slym

All of the people reading this thread can think what they want to think. I have answered Adam's Probation List thread. I can go on and on. Copy and Paste this and that. I don't go for this type of stuff. I did what I did with a complete and clear conscience. I can't and wont try to prove anything to anyone but myself.. Carry On..... I will be sure to check this thread out at some point in the next 2 or so years...

Defensiveness. Rationalization. Avoidance. :cloud9:

For the record, I sold TFL a book not too long ago. He paid promptly and there were no problems. But this particular situation is more sad than anything. No one is immune from pride and I sense this is what's going on with TFL. Not being able to swallow one's pride. Mac Man pretty much laid down the gauntlet when he invoked that parable from antiquity from Jesus. When folks plainly see hypocrisy there is a strong reaction. Hypocrisy is within us all (I would argue, anyway), but that general truth doesn't mean this specific situation should be excused. Obviously. There's a temptaion to write this whole thing off as comical, but it's just pathetic, really.

All of the people reading this thread can think what they want to think. I have answered Adam's Probation List thread. I can go on and on. Copy and Paste this and that. I don't go for this type of stuff. I did what I did with a complete and clear conscience. I can't and wont try to prove anything to anyone but myself.. Carry On..... I will be sure to check this thread out at some point in the next 2 or so years...

I feel like Ive heard this logic on the boards elsewhere, didnt know comic collecting and being a self centered person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point went hand in hand.

On the list for failing to pay any of the promised payments for the HT#1. TFL was clearly at fault long before the Avengers #1 was paid for. I have no doubt that if TFL was selling the HT he would be screaming blue murder about the buyer that failed to make any payments towards the book and attempting to recoup his $20 plus costs.

Absolutely, forever on the list.

Edited by thehumantorch

You should know TeddieMercede. Go with the lowest denominator. Probably your strong suit.

As far as pride goes. What about it? A book I bought and paid for in full was raised over my head to pressure me. That has not nor will it ever sit well with me. It wasn't his book anymore. Ownership was/is 100% mine. Just the actual book was not in my possession.

Certain things can get someone pizzed off. For me the over the head thing really pizzed me off.

I hope this can be worked out. If it can that would great. If it can't be. So be it.

Both Adam and I are pretty pizzed off at each other. Who knows... Maybe Adam and I will talk again. Throughout this situation we have been mad but have pretty much been courteous and professional in our PM's. Time Will Tell. It Always Does...

If anyone thinks me being "outed" in this situation will bother me. You are very sadly mistaken..... Check the list.......

You should know TeddieMercede. Go with the lowest denominator. Probably your strong suit.

As far as pride goes. What about it? A book I bought and paid for in full was raised over my head to pressure me. That has not nor will it ever sit well with me. It wasn't his book anymore. Ownership was/is 100% mine. Just the actual book was not in my possession.

Certain things can get someone pizzed off. For me the over the head thing really pizzed me off.

I hope this can be worked out. If it can that would great. If it can't be. So be it.

Both Adam and I are pretty pizzed off at each other. Who knows... Maybe Adam and I will talk again. Throughout this situation we have been mad but have pretty much been courteous and professional in our PM's. Time Will Tell. It Always Does...

If anyone thinks me being "outed" in this situation will bother me. You are very sadly mistaken..... Check the list.......

Give Sergio back his $20 since he's going through some tough, personal issues as well.... :baiting: or keep the $20 and pay Adam the money he lost (just like you did) on a potential sale...

That seems fair.

Brian

Give Sergio back his $20 since he's going through some tough, personal issues as well.... :baiting: or keep the $20 and pay Adam the money he lost (just like you did) on a potential sale...

That seems fair.

Brian

+1

-slym

I am troubled by the statements made on both sides of the coin . . . by both buyer and seller. I am also troubled by the rush to judgment and pontification of my fellow Board members who are at best, making judgments based on an absence of information. I think foolkiller (as usual) has made the best analysis.

I am disturbed by the buyer's delays in making promised payments, but I am also disturbed by the seller's withholding delivery of the first book that was paid for. There are statements made by both parties that don't quite ring true to me. Suffice to say, that at the total value of this transaction, the contract and payment terms should have been laid out with greater care.

I recently did a time payments transaction for a high dollar book (well, for both of us) that went without a hitch. I allowed the buyer to present the terms, and then I evaluated whether or not to accept them. After some thought, I accepted clear concrete terms. The buyer exceeded the terms and completed payment well in advance of the promised date.

I suppose a poll is the only way to resolve this issue, as I think the reputations of both parties have suffered already. I will set one up later tonight or tomorrow.

If Sergio thinks he is entitled to that money back. He can PM me and we will talk it over. Believe it or not. I am a reasonable person.

Could I of communicated better, made definitive dates for payments? Yes, I could have, but didn't. That was and is on me and Adam. As Divad said. The terms should of been set in concrete, as it were.

But as Divad also pointed out. Adam's with holding of the book was not right either..

It's 6 of those and half a dozen of that...

If you look at all of the post's on this subject. You will see I have not called anyone a foul or stupid name first. Though I have responded in like kind to that person{s}.

I am troubled by the statements made on both sides of the coin . . . by both buyer and seller. I am also troubled by the rush to judgment and pontification of my fellow Board members who are at best, making judgments based on an absence of information. I think foolkiller (as usual) has made the best analysis.

I am disturbed by the buyer's delays in making promised payments, but I am also disturbed by the seller's withholding delivery of the first book that was paid for. There are statements made by both parties that don't quite ring true to me. Suffice to say, that at the total value of this transaction, the contract and payment terms should have been laid out with greater care.

I recently did a time payments transaction for a high dollar book (well, for both of us) that went without a hitch. I allowed the buyer to present the terms, and then I evaluated whether or not to accept them. After some thought, I accepted clear concrete terms. The buyer exceeded the terms and completed payment well in advance of the promised date.

I suppose a poll is the only way to resolve this issue, as I think the reputations of both parties have suffered already. I will set one up later tonight or tomorrow.

I don't think the reputation of Filter81 has suffered any. Elaborate on your perception of a withholding issue with Filter81. Do you feel it's a 50/50 proposition? Filter and TFL were both equally wrong? :shrug:

I don't think the reputation of Filter81 has suffered any. Elaborate on your perception of a withholding issue with Filter81. Do you feel it's a 50/50 proposition? Filter and TFL were both equally wrong? :shrug:

No, I don't. I'm not here to assign fault. Nor do I endorse the statements of either. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Divad, no offense, but is it possible you wrote this post based on an absence of information? Did you read through the thread? Would you like me to send you all of my PMs that went back & forth with TFL? I'm happy to send you each and every one. There actually already is a poll, currently at 53-1 (one person claiming they selected the wrong button).

Just to clarify a few things for you Divad, the 'argument' with the Avengers 4 occurred 5 months AFTER the down payment on the Torch 1 was due and not sent. After many, many promises by TFL to send payment by this date or by that date. I can send you a minimum of 6 (possibly as many as 10) PMs that I still have where TFL promised to send a payment but didn't. (I don't know how many I saved.)

The delay shipping the Avengers 4.... was over a weekend. TFL and I were sending PMs back and forth Friday/Saturday and I shipped him the book overnight delivery on Monday. Again... to be clear... TFL's delay in sending a down payment for the Torch? 6 months and counting. My delay in shipping TFL his comic... 1 business day...

And despite TFL's claims I never tried to FORCE him to do anything. I ASKED. I even offered to fly him down to Rochester and put him up in a nice hotel so that he could give me a down payment on the Torch and pick up his Avengers 4 at the same time. I ended almost every PM with me asking him what he thought we should do. I never once forced him to do anything. He made all his own decisions.

Its your list Divad and you can do what you want, but I can't imagine a reason for not including TFL on it. The only thing I can think of is that you are going off of some bad information..

Unless I am wrong, and I might be. What Divad is saying is this. I was wrong for not sending payments when I had said I would. We were both wrong for not getting exact times, money amounts due dates, etc in a concrete manner. Adam was wrong with holding a book I had bought and paid for in full.... If I am wrong Divad, I do apologize.

Adam... What are you smoking? You offered to fly me down? A hotel room??? Are you serious??? I await the PM you say you have that say's this.... What you did say was something along the lines of this. Come on down to Rochester. You can give me the DP for the HT 1 and pick up the Avengers 4 at the same time.

I Absolutely await the exact PM saying you offered to fly me down w/hotel room... I can't wait for this. Fire away with that PM Adam. Fire Away.

Unless I am wrong, and I might be. What Divad is saying is this. I was wrong for not sending payments when I had said I would. We were both wrong for not getting exact times, money amounts due dates, etc in a concrete manner. Adam was wrong with holding a book I had bought and paid for in full.... If I am wrong Divad, I do apologize.

How big of you to be willing to apologize to Divad.... :sick: