• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There seems to be no doubt that TFL bought and accepted the obligation to buy the book. He made no payments or efforts to pay the down payment.

He paid off the Avengers 4 and received the book. Adam viewed this as a combined transaction (the HT and the Avengers) while TFL thought it was separate and individual.

It's clear that TFL owed an obligation to Adam to make payments. He tied up a significant book for a long amount of time.

But what really is getting everyone is how he essentially chastised comicseekers for doing the same thing he did and extracted money out of him for it.

Even if you entirely buy everything TFL has said, there remains NO doubt that he has been hypocritical. All told, my advice is the same, this is someone that you cannot deal with in good faith.

My transaction with TFL was a little difficult but ultimately resolved favorably. However, given this now public incident, the manner in which it was handled, the defense postured, and what I gather may be further issues with him that may come out -- I will say this, along with the rest of the probation list, will be someone that I cannot deal with in the future.

A post that is consistent with my own view.

I would have no confidence in TFL fulfilling his commitments on high value books.

Further this to his hypocrisy on such a pathetically small amount ($20 for someone who commits to purchase a $25,000 book) means he is not someone I would wish to deal with.

I suspect once he is put on the probation list (or is he there already?), we won't have to worry about dealing with him (thumbs u

Two books, same thread. If both books were accepted together you owed $26K. If you gave 1K you still owed $25K. Why would a book be sent. I would look at it as a downpayment. I see no entitlement to the Av.4.

To the list.

There seems to be no doubt that TFL bought and accepted the obligation to buy the book. He made no payments or efforts to pay the down payment.

He paid off the Avengers 4 and received the book. Adam viewed this as a combined transaction (the HT and the Avengers) while TFL thought it was separate and individual.

It's clear that TFL owed an obligation to Adam to make payments. He tied up a significant book for a long amount of time.

But what really is getting everyone is how he essentially chastised comicseekers for doing the same thing he did and extracted money out of him for it.

Even if you entirely buy everything TFL has said, there remains NO doubt that he has been hypocritical. All told, my advice is the same, this is someone that you cannot deal with in good faith.

My transaction with TFL was a little difficult but ultimately resolved favorably. However, given this now public incident, the manner in which it was handled, the defense postured, and what I gather may be further issues with him that may come out -- I will say this, along with the rest of the probation list, will be someone that I cannot deal with in the future.

A post that is consistent with my own view.

I would have no confidence in TFL fulfilling his commitments on high value books.

Further this to his hypocrisy on such a pathetically small amount ($20 for someone who commits to purchase a $25,000 book) means he is not someone I would wish to deal with.

I suspect once he is put on the probation list (or is he there already?), we won't have to worry about dealing with him (thumbs u

Academic from my point of view I won't buy from or sell to him.

All of the people reading this thread can think what they want to think. I have answered Adam's Probation List thread. I can go on and on. Copy and Paste this and that. I don't go for this type of stuff. I did what I did with a complete and clear conscience. I can't and wont try to prove anything to anyone but myself.. Carry On..... I will be sure to check this thread out at some point in the next 2 or so years...

I guess you didn't read my post mschmidt........ Nothing to hide with this situation....

I'm not PM'ing Adam. Nor is he Pm'ing me. Work's fine for me.

You have issue with Comicseekers costing you $20.00 and see no issue with your actions costing Filter $2000?

Hell, it is practically the same situation as he had some family issues as well. The hypocrisy here is utterly mindboggling. I am actually embarrassed reading this. doh!

Two books, same thread. If both books were accepted together you owed $26K. If you gave 1K you still owed $25K. Why would a book be sent. I would look at it as a downpayment. I see no entitlement to the Av.4.

To the list.

that is kind of what I discussed with adam, but in the end, adam decided to do the right thing, and send TFL the book that TFL insisted he paid for... Adam knew TFL was bailing on the HT, so why get into it...

but, TFL did cost Adam a LOT of money, so I can see why adam would want to use the avg 4 as leverage...wouldn't you (shrug)

it is real funny, adam told me TFL was going to use this as an excuse to not pay for the HT...I told adam he hasn't sent you one red cent in 5+ months after stating he would on at least 5 diff occasions (maybe it is more, but I only have copies of 5 emailed/pms stating to this effect), so I advised him to just ship the book and be done with it...

but when TFL extorted that whopping $20 out of the other dude, and he cost adam probably thousands of $'s, well, I can see why Adam got all riled up, and rightfully so!

and if anyone is asking why am I so involved in this, it is because adam is a good friend, and when a good friend is getting screwed, I am going to be there to get his back (thumbs u

Is it up to the seller then to make final recommendation how he wants to handle this since the buye doesn't sound like he is going to resolve the situation?
adam posted in the probation thread for a reason, to have TFL put on probation (shrug)

All of the people reading this thread can think what they want to think. I have answered Adam's Probation List thread. I can go on and on. Copy and Paste this and that. I don't go for this type of stuff. I did what I did with a complete and clear conscience. I can't and wont try to prove anything to anyone but myself.. Carry On..... I will be sure to check this thread out at some point in the next 2 or so years...

...and in two years, your name will still be at the top of the Probation List.... (thumbs u

Is it up to the seller then to make final recommendation how he wants to handle this since the buye doesn't sound like he is going to resolve the situation?
adam posted in the probation thread for a reason, to have TFL put on probation (shrug)

That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm final results.

Guess I'm a follow-through type guy.

TFL, I offer classes on the topic for $25K/hour, payable up-front

That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm final results.

Guess I'm a follow-through type guy.

TFL, I offer classes on the topic for $25K/hour, payable up-front

:applause:

...and in two years, your name will still be at the top of the Probation List.... (thumbs u

This changes my life how?? I did what I did. Adam did what he did.... We will always agree to dis-agree. Life goes on...

Since you never answered the question, it appears you never made the down payment. It certainly might have been due to your family problems, but why not call Adam and ask him to let you out of the agreement?

It would appear that had you done so in a timely matter, there would be no grievance.

I agree, family comes first, so why not ask to be let out? It appears that Adam could have sold the book and all would have been fine.

Had you made a timely down payment, I'd have a better understanding of your "confusion" with the rest of the payment agreement...but it does not appear that you were acting in the best interest of BOTH of you.

I'm not involved in this transaction, but as someone who is an outsider, given the fact that you required a $20 reparation payment in a similar situation, it would seem that you should be on this list, until you pay Adam for his credit card fees, incurred during the 5 month period.

This changes my life how?? I did what I did. Adam did what he did.... We will always agree to dis-agree. Life goes on...

Your avatar suggests you know who is on the right side hm