• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

All of the people reading this thread can think what they want to think. I have answered Adam's Probation List thread. I can go on and on. Copy and Paste this and that. I don't go for this type of stuff. I did what I did with a complete and clear conscience. I can't and wont try to prove anything to anyone but myself.. Carry On..... I will be sure to check this thread out at some point in the next 2 or so years...

Since you never answered the question, it appears you never made the down payment. It certainly might have been due to your family problems, but why not call Adam and ask him to let you out of the agreement?

It would appear that had you done so in a timely matter, there would be no grievance.

I agree, family comes first, so why not ask to be let out? It appears that Adam could have sold the book and all would have been fine.

Had you made a timely down payment, I'd have a better understanding of your "confusion" with the rest of the payment agreement...but it does not appear that you were acting in the best interest of BOTH of you.

I'm not involved in this transaction, but as someone who is an outsider, given the fact that you required a $20 reparation payment in a similar situation, it would seem that you should be on this list, until you pay Adam for his credit card fees, incurred during the 5 month period.

Well put Sharon (thumbs u

TFL

0 0%

Filter

13 18 100%

lol

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

well, they don't call you the "count" for nothing (thumbs u

This changes my life how?? I did what I did. Adam did what he did....

Come on, you sound like the loser in line at Furniture Warehouse, who has been givne 6 months to pay for his living room set, and then starts screaming that he's "not going to pay a cent because the salesperson was rude!".

Who cares? Do you owe him money or not? Did you pay at the alloted times, and keep up payments? Any personality conflicts you have are TOTALLY INCONSEQUENTIAL to you keeping up your end of the obligation and PAYING for the book.

Grow up, you stiffed Filter big-time, and are trying to pawn off some lameass excuse whereby your disagreement with him (where you still got the book) somehow abrogates you of any and all responsibility for the HT purchase?

Wow, I'd just LOVE you to try that "the manager raised his voice so I'm not paying" or "the creditors keep calling me, so you'll never see a cent" deadbeat act against someone who will actually take you up on it, via legal means or the usual leg-breaker/repossession method.

This changes my life how?? I did what I did. Adam did what he did.... We will always agree to dis-agree. Life goes on...

But you haven't addressed your actions with Sergio and the role-reversal here? At the very least, you really might want to consider giving Sergio his $20 back. meh

For the record, TFL bought a book off me on 12-08-08 and didn't pay until 1-16-09. At first he said that he never used "PayPuke" and would send a MO. I had to keep pm'ing him asking where the payment was, and he repeatedly claimed that he'd mailed payment. This proved to be untrue, and eventually he Paypalled me the money.

I'm happy to work with people on payments and personal problems, but the lying left a bad taste in my mouth. At the time I noticed that he'd hit the bin on the HT #1, and I remember thinking it would be a miracle if that purchase ever happened. Now I wish I'd followed up by nominating TFL for probation once he passed 30 days on my book. This episode shows the importance of us all reporting problems, even if it feels like you're being a jerk by doing so.

I can understand family comes first. Only problem is it takes all of about 30 seconds to write and send a check. Maybe 5 minutes to call and say you cant do the deal. To the list!

Wow.

Stringing someone along for that kind of coin, empty promises in between all the personal issues at home. You should have just said I pass early on (shrug)

I don't get it, why prolong it? I remember the thread and congratulating on that purchase thinking to myself, man some people can drop this kind of coin so easily that its scarry.

If the probation list gets any bigger they can start buying and selling to each other

Do I sense another sub-forum in the works...? hm

I refuse to disclose who I voted for in the poll.

That's the beauty of a blind ballot election. :cloud9:

Watch out for thread check. :baiting: