• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

No can do, Slym. The mods have always said the selling forum will have to be self-policed by the members as they are not of the inclination to assume additional duties with respect to its existence.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Arch has said that if it becomes too much to deal with, they will do away with it altogether.

So, the fun some people are having in one seller's thread notwithstanding, someone who doesn't know a seller is no longer available here goes to one of their recent threads and actually does hit the "I'll take it" is just SOL?

Maybe the collective "we" should post something like "THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT TRY TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM" immediately upon learning of the member's banishment in their threads, so as not to cause further confusion...

-slym

First let me just state I have not bought anything from Comicseekers and will let the rest you of decide the appropriate course of action for him.

However, I did want to state one thing in regards of the first person who cried "Foul Play". The poster "Poe"

Two years ago, when I first joined this message board, everyone welcomed us with open arms and we have a pretty good relationship with most board members here. I think I have met at least 100 boardie's in the past year and a half and have gotten along with everyone we have met.

Anyhow, when we first joined, i received a PM from Poe stating how our website is a mess. (This was due to us updating our website and other stuff). It said on our website to please call our store (toll-free mind you) if you had any trouble and we would take care of you over the phone. Apparently that was too much for him to do.

My point is this: We treat everyone and try to help everyone the best we can. He didnt even want to give us a chance. Apparently, from what I read in the other threads, comicseekers was trying to do the same with him but Poe but gave away or threw out the comics that needed to be returned.

I am not taking sides as I know a lot of you are dealing with comicseekers and have your own situations to deal with. I am not one to say if he is right or wrong either, ill let the people who are in dispute answer that question ultimately. All I know is when i saw the first complaint from "Poe", red flags were immediately raised in my head.

Just my 2c if any cares,

Jeff

:o

Aside from CS (the original one), I can't imagine anyone having problems with you guys.

not me -- I am still, out $35

Ed

PayPal is "reviewing your case" after the money was taken out of my account. That is the explanation for the "just about".
ebradley has received his money.

not me -- I am still, out $35

Ed

PayPal is "reviewing your case" after the money was taken out of my account. That is the explanation for the "just about".
ebradley has received his money.

:applause:

Yes, probation as a buyer for not paying due to financial reasons, which I RESOLVED with the SELLER!

NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS A SELLER! So you can SLANDER me all you want, board members on these boards know my situation, and the MODS have been notified of your trolling and slanderous nature!

This was NOT a scam, believe what you will! I shipped out over 5000+ bronze age comics, some buyers liked them, some did not.

POE had high expectations of what Bronze Age comics he wanted out of a box off 300+

He started a thread bashing me. After cooling off from the bashing that I received on these boards and conversing to the buyers individually via pm like I ALWAYS STATED I WOULD, I offered FULL refunds or FAIR credit solutions.

I have been selling on these board for years and NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS A SELLER until selling these BULK LOTS! I have constantly delivered the goods as stated on time and at considerably less savings than EBAY or GPA or COMICLINK! I will continue to offer these great deals to board members and for those who do not wish to purchase them so be it. Many of you know the service that I provide and the savings, I also ALWAYS PROVIDE FULL OVERSIZED SCANS OF THE FRONT AND BACK OF ISSUES.

What I have learned from this experience is NOT TO NOT SELL BULK LOTS, especially to newbies that you have never dealt with on the boards. That means you JERRYZ also.

Hang on a second chief..Havent you been on probation TWICE?? yes or no? If you have then get down off you high horse with all this "never had an issue" why were you on probation? Cuz you gave such great deals?

Its a simple yes or no question ...

And beleive me Being a newbie is irrelavent there buddy Ive sold some stuff and all been good so dont flatter yourself that I would risk any of my money buying from you..

Sergio does make a good point that there is a distinction to be made between probation as a seller versus a buyer. Just as Ebay has now altered their feedback system to distinguish between buyer and seller feedback, I would think it would be informative to know if those on the probation list were placed there for buyer or seller reasons. I think it matters because any effort to reconcile will look very different if even possible.If Buyer A fails to pay Seller B, so Seller B sells that item to to Buyer C, how does Buyer A make amends? Most assume the probation list is for sales infractions, but I believe JokerFish was for failure to come thru as a buyer, at least that's what he did to me and I reported it to the thread when others had a similar experience.

Looks like everyone's just about payed back.

I paid you $17.86 - I got a refund for $16.86 on the 26th. Still missing $1.

I am also shorted 42 cents or something. Not that i really care about 42 cents, but it is the principality of the matter.

If you really want to make me happy, keep the 42c and ship me the books i ordered free of charge, lol

I can't be held responsible for the fee that I never received.

Did you do the refund right? ???

If you refund the transaction then the paypal fee goes away.

Yes, probation as a buyer for not paying due to financial reasons, which I RESOLVED with the SELLER!

NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS A SELLER! So you can SLANDER me all you want, board members on these boards know my situation, and the MODS have been notified of your trolling and slanderous nature!

This was NOT a scam, believe what you will! I shipped out over 5000+ bronze age comics, some buyers liked them, some did not.

POE had high expectations of what Bronze Age comics he wanted out of a box off 300+

He started a thread bashing me. After cooling off from the bashing that I received on these boards and conversing to the buyers individually via pm like I ALWAYS STATED I WOULD, I offered FULL refunds or FAIR credit solutions.

I have been selling on these board for years and NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AS A SELLER until selling these BULK LOTS! I have constantly delivered the goods as stated on time and at considerably less savings than EBAY or GPA or COMICLINK! I will continue to offer these great deals to board members and for those who do not wish to purchase them so be it. Many of you know the service that I provide and the savings, I also ALWAYS PROVIDE FULL OVERSIZED SCANS OF THE FRONT AND BACK OF ISSUES.

What I have learned from this experience is NOT TO NOT SELL BULK LOTS, especially to newbies that you have never dealt with on the boards. That means you JERRYZ also.

Hang on a second chief..Havent you been on probation TWICE?? yes or no? If you have then get down off you high horse with all this "never had an issue" why were you on probation? Cuz you gave such great deals?

Its a simple yes or no question ...

And beleive me Being a newbie is irrelavent there buddy Ive sold some stuff and all been good so dont flatter yourself that I would risk any of my money buying from you..

Sergio does make a good point that there is a distinction to be made between probation as a seller versus a buyer. Just as Ebay has now altered their feedback system to distinguish between buyer and seller feedback, I would think it would be informative to know if those on the probation list were placed there for buyer or seller reasons. I think it matters because any effort to reconcile will look very different if even possible.If Buyer A fails to pay Seller B, so Seller B sells that item to to Buyer C, how does Buyer A make amends? Most assume the probation list is for sales infractions, but I believe JokerFish was for failure to come thru as a buyer, at least that's what he did to me and I reported it to the thread when others had a similar experience.

The Ebay system of feedback is flawed to say the least..as a seller you cant leave a neagative if a guy doesnt pay you How is that right?

If you sell an item to someone and they dont come thru then they should get a negative feedback PERIOD No matter the circumstaces..Sellers are constantly getting over by deadbeat buyers and we have no recourse at all

You list a book You wait forever Dont get paid in the meantime the book is basically on hold and then you have to fight to get your fees back and you cant leave a negative..? Its a JOKE to say the least..

As far as people on these boards NOT paying .. maybe they should be a little more financially responsible and not commit to buying stuff they cant afford ..We all have tough times but I know i am not buying comics if i have other financial commitments..I am SELLING them at that point..Far as Im concerned ONE time you pull the" financial tough times" excuse after that DONT buy any more books you cant afford to buy.Why waste a sellers time and pull the book from someone who CAN afford it and will pay..The " Due to financial reasons " is a bit worn out on ebay as well..cant afford it DONT BUY IT!! So being on probation TWICE for non payment is inexcusable IMO..

Learn to manage your money a little better.. :preach:

Simple isnt it??

Now go put this in the other thread. (thumbs u

The following Forum Members are banned by the community for gross misconduct as members in the marketplace and whose privileges have been socially revoked

HALL OF SHAME

User Date On Comments Times on list

Herald2Galactus 05/23/08 Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member ? gilbertotorres 11/05/08 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member 1 ComicSupply 10/28/08 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member ? CAP freak 05/21/09 4th "Hall of Shame" Member

(On 6/20/07 Off 9/30/07; On 10/11/07 Off 10/20/07; On 5/21/09)

aka CapandFalcon; CAP Holiday; CAP Ffreek

3 AlleyBat 05/23/08 5th "Hall of Shame" Member ($4,000 Scam involving Batman #1) aka Batty 1 TFL 06/02/09 6th "Hall of Shame" Member ( reneged on GA Human Torch #1 for 25k 1

The following Forum Members are on the list for failing to complete a transaction within 30 days.

PROBATION LIST

User Date On Comments Times on list

aaron568 11/06/08 1 bronzejunkie 03/26/07 1 clobberintime 11/07/07 1 comicmankev 03/27/07 1 comicseekers 07/01/09 On 6/1/07 Off 7/6/07; On 5/10/09 Off 6/2/09; On 07/01/09 3 DarkKnight2K4 04/24/08 1 donavan74 03/27/07 1 Ghastly 12/03/07 added by majority vote 1 Henchman 04/25/08 1 Jmarch51 02/14/08 1 Lighthouse 06/13/07 On 6/13/07 Off 6/20/07; On 9/30/07 2 Marc Wolfe 09/15/08 1 Markweb 03/24/09 1 matewan1990 03/03/08 1 mjacobs8 01/24/09 1 Nascar 06/02/07 1 NEXTLVL 10/12/08 1 Roxx Gang 03/31/09 1 rza808 12/29/08 1 Sid 08/08/07 1 SIXX_VAN_ROSE 11/07/08 1 SpiderJay300 09/15/07 1 Superman20 12/18/07 1 THATONEGUY 01/11/08 1 TVanderZwaag 06/23/09 On 3/12/09 Off 3/12/09 2 Wolfhulk 03/24/09 You can't hide by changin' your user name! 1
The following Forum Members were placed on the list and later removed as both the seller and buyer came to a mutual agreement.

POST PROBATION LIST

User Date On Date Off Comments Times on list

boechler 09/19/08 11/08/08 1 Chi Bamm 08/07/07 08/30/07 Called to duty in Iraq 1 daken2626 10/11/07 10/13/07   1 Dbostejano 10/12/08 04/09/09   1 DiceX 12/07/07 01/16/08   1 Fandango 11/07/07 02/20/08   1 Golf Clap Graemlin 10/22/07 10/23/07   1 Hobo 02/02/08 02/14/08   1 HUSH 10/11/07 10/12/07   1 IITravel 03/28/07 06/01/07   1 Joker-Fish 08/09/07 08/09/07   1 klozd24seven 02/02/08 02/19/08   1 Matmarvel 02/14/08 02/15/08   1 newkingintown 10/18/07 05/20/08   1 old man 07/06/07 05/21/08 On 7/06/07 Off before 8/16/07; On 12/7/07 Off 5/21/08) 2 spongerob86 02/21/08 08/15/08   1
Hey, that quote didn't do so good. :P

I am also shorted 42 cents or something. Not that i really care about 42 cents, but it is the principality of the matter.

If you really want to make me happy, keep the 42c and ship me the books i ordered free of charge, lol

He did NOT do the refund for myself and mschmidt, we opened paypal disputes and were awarded partial refunds by paypal

He did NOT do the refund for myself and mschmidt, we opened paypal disputes and were awarded partial refunds by paypal

You're not alone :hi:

Doesnt mean he should be able to sell on here anymore..OOOPS i tried to scam Got caught//Better try to save face so I can sell more stuff.. Anyone who would buy anything from him at this point should know better..Photobucket

If resolution is made, and he does not have other lingering issues, he should have the same access to selling on these forums as anyone else. Fair is fair.

I'm not involved in the comicseekers thing, so I can't comment on that - but in regards to CAP_Freak, even if he does refund every single cent he stole, there's not a chance in hell I'll accept that he be removed from the probation list.

There's a huge difference between screwing up, apologizing and making things right - and screwing up, not being the slighest bit remorseful, and only making things right when the police comes knocking on your door.

Once in the Hall of Shame you can never get out.

Well... hm

It would take major, major penance... :angel:

While I'm in here, I move that Chi Bamm be removed from any mention on the list.

If he was put on it because he was called to duty in Iraq, I care nothing about associating with anyone that insists the very mention of his name in this thread. That's probably the saddest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

rantrant

Well he wouldn't have the fee in is account since they take that right off the bat.

So Paypal decided to keep the fee? doh!

Maybe Paypal should be put on the probation list... hm

While I'm in here, I move that Chi Bamm be removed from any mention on the list.

If he was put on it because he was called to duty in Iraq, I care nothing about associating with anyone that insists the very mention of his name in this thread. That's probably the saddest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

rantrant

Boy, you really need to get out more . . . Chi Bamm wasn't put on the list because he was called to duty, he was taken off the list because he was called to duty :makepoint: He hasn't been on the list since August 2007 and he was taken off the minute that was mentioned by anyone :sumo:

I suggest you actually read before you rantrant

rantrant

Boy, you really need to get out more . . . Chi Bamm wasn't put on the list because he was called to duty, he was taken off the list because he was called to duty :makepoint: He hasn't been on the list since August 2007 and he was taken off the minute that was mentioned by anyone :sumo:

I suggest you actually read before you rantrant

I don't have to read when I have you for cliff notes. :slapfight: