• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Perhaps its an extreme position and Im willing to concede to the majority. Ebay is certainly the best place to file the grievance in this situation. However, I still think there has been precedence for this in the past and it might be best to just clarify the rule as opposed to arguing about something that is likely going to be cleared up in a few days anyway.

The rule is clear. The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

This was not a Marketplace Forum transaction. It was not even advertised in the Dealer/eBay forum.

But I agree with you, Shooty, in the sense that clarification is needed IF the intent of the PL is going to be expanded. It does scare me to see only one post from branget with no followup or, apparantly, investigation and have LBLARM's name added to the list the same day.

Isn't Comic Supply on the list for off-board issues? Just sayin'

BUT, he made solicitations for his site on the board.

I hope you're referring to the Comic Supply guy and not me

So you've never advertised your ebay sales here on this board? Like, for instance, in this thread?

Perhaps its an extreme position and Im willing to concede to the majority. Ebay is certainly the best place to file the grievance in this situation. However, I still think there has been precedence for this in the past and it might be best to just clarify the rule as opposed to arguing about something that is likely going to be cleared up in a few days anyway.

The rule is clear. The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

This was not a Marketplace Forum transaction. It was not even advertised in the Dealer/eBay forum.

But I agree with you, Shooty, in the sense that clarification is needed IF the intent of the PL is going to be expanded. It does scare me to see only one post from branget with no followup or, apparantly, investigation and have LBLARM's name added to the list the same day.

Well, Para, CS is on a different list: Hall of Shame, which specifies: The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the Marketplace Forum: as opposed to the plain old Probation List which is for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

To my mind these lists have very different criteria.

[The Forum Probation List is used to warn other forum members about engaging in transactions with people who don't follow through on their transactions - whether those transactions take place on ebay or here on the boards seems irrelevant to me, because a bad transaction is a bad transaction no matter where it happens.

With that said, I don't get why there's such a big ruckus about this, though - the probation list rules are pretty simple: if you fullfill your obligations (which in your case would entail providing proof that branget has either received the items you supposedly sent him or a full refund), you're off the list again.

The ruckus is encapsulated within your post. First you say "whether those transactions take place on ebay or here on the boards seems irrelevant to me", which is NOT what is specified in the Probation List rules (Forum Sales only). Basically you are saying we don't have to adhere to the established criteria to put someone ON the Probation List.

When you say, "if you fullfill your obligations (which in your case would entail providing proof that branget has either received the items you supposedly sent him or a full refund), you're off the list again.", you are adhering to the criteria to get his name removed.

For the list to really work, both criteria need to be followed.

BUT, he made solicitations for his site on the board.

I hope you're referring to the Comic Supply guy and not me

He was.

I was indeed referring to CS.

Apparently I need to keep on top of my posts for follow up. I posted as a heads up and asked that he be added to the probation list because the sale was made due to the forum. For whatever reason Ebay was the tool for the sale. I purchased based on forum.

I do not know the criteria for the probations list but since his participation on the boards influenced the sale then doesn't it qualify? Wouldn't other boardies want to know? FYI I received an e-mail Oct 18th claiming shipping will be made after receiving an e-mail on Sept 25th claiming shipment had been made.

I only hope the comic has shipped but no tracking information has been offered. I also had to resort to threatening to make a paypal claim to get a response over the course of the last couple of months. I understand slow shipping and people being busy. I don't appreciate being deceived. I thought this was a forum to warn other potential buyers and only spoke up when I saw a sales thread on the boards(if I was buying I'd want to know). If I misused then my bad and my apologies.

Edited by branget

Are you refering to an e-bay transaction that has already shipped???? How can someone be put on probation for something unrelated to the Sales Forum?

Yes, I do take fault for being a slacker in the shipping department, but I threw in $50 worth of Freebies..and now I'm getting faulted :sorry:

That's why I wont ship to Canada or International for that matter. Nothing but problems. :(

Lazy, yes, a little irresponsible for not getting it shipped on time, yes A thieft however, I am not.

Please don't blame Canada. If Branget's dates are correct he waited more than a month and a half and the books hadn't been shipped. Customs and Canada Post can't be blamed for this. It is painful waiting for overdue books and wondering if they've been stolen or missing.

I do agree that a person shouldn't go on the probation list for transactions outside of the boards. Regardless, if the books are on the way this should be easy to resolve.

The book is 100% on the way, no questions about that. The problem I have right now is the transaction was strickly on e-bay. The buyer, who is also a board memeber, approached me on the forum and asked questions about the shipment. The questions were answered, and the book was shipped.

Now I'm being faulted for an issue that is totally unrelated to the sales forum, the book wasn't even posted on the Sales/E-bay Link. Anyone who's bought a book from me knows that I'm 100% honest and professional.

When HE gets the book, I'm sure things will be solved. If he DID get a refund from his Credit Card, then he'll win either way cause HE will have the book, plus the $$ that he paid for.

Perhaps but there has been precedent set with others added to the Probation list for transactions off the board. ComicSupply comes to mind.

Should this be in contention we will need to remove ComicSupply in order to not seem hypocritical and maybe some others.

I would also take your argument that it was off the boards as specious. A transaction between boardies certainly qualifies in my eye since we allow advertising to Ebay auctions as well in the forums.

Are you being facetious? I mean, really? :roflmao:

ComicSupply solicited his sales here. He was a dirtball from day 1 and everyone seemed to forgive and forget. Forgive and forget MULTIPLE times.

Surely you jest. :roflmao:

Guys please don't compare me to the other subjects on the list :( As stated before, this transaction was 100% not forum related.

Here's the link to prove it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260468249209&sspagename=Action:MSHP

The Forum Probation List is used to warn other forum members about engaging in transactions with people who don't follow through on their transactions - whether those transactions take place on ebay or here on the boards seems irrelevant to me, because a bad transaction is a bad transaction no matter where it happens.

With that said, I don't get why there's such a big ruckus about this, though - the probation list rules are pretty simple: if you fullfill your obligations (which in your case would entail providing proof that branget has either received the items you supposedly sent him or a full refund), you're off the list again.

I agree.

Apparently I need to keep on top of my posts for follow up. I posted as a heads up and asked that he be added to the probation list because the sale was made due to the forum. For whatever reason Ebay was the tool for the sale. I purchased based on forum.

I do not know the criteria for the probations list but since his participation on the boards influenced the sale then doesn't it qualify? Wouldn't other boardies want to know?

Actually, no, someone simply being a board member would not qualify for the PROBATION LIST (as opposed to the HALL OF SHAME) if this was not a Marketplace Forum issue. I still am confused as to why LBJARM's name is still there. Divad?

But yes, other boardies would want to know and a good place for that is the PROBATION DISCUSSIONS forum which says "This thread is to allow general discussion of the community run probation issues and cases so that the main thread can remain dedicated to the core facts and updating of the list rather than the surrounding debates and speculation." Or in Comics General I suppose. But starting it in the PROBATION DISCUSSIONS would have publicized it and maybe the facts would have come out.

As others have said, eBay has their own feedback policy. The Marketplace Forum had none until the Probation List was introduced. Its intent is to "police" the Marketplace Forum itself and make it a safer place to have board transactions. I think it works pretty well and it is one of the threads I read pretty much daily.

And while I agree that LBLARM did not do well here, his inclusion in the list "yust like that" is counter to the List's intent.

Edited by povertyrow

I hate to do this and not sure how this works but everyone deserves a heads up.

I purchased a comic from LBJARM and paid on Sept 1st. He told me on the 25th that he shipped and added a raw copy for the delay (no problem). He sent a second e-mail apologizing and offered to find me any comic I might be missing. This was not necessary but appreciated so no worries.

On Oct 19th when the comic had not arrived I asked again. He replied that the comic will ship soon.

I filed with MC last week. I waited 2 full months and still have no confirmation that it's been sent.

I was unsure whether to post here until I saw he started a sales thread.

Has anyone in the last 12 posts read the OP? :grin:

Where does it say eBay? hm

Looks a little closer Divad.

I do not know the criteria for the probations list but since his participation on the boards influenced the sale then doesn't it qualify? Wouldn't other boardies want to know?

Actually, no, someone simply being a board member would not qualify for the PROBATION LIST (as opposed to the HALL OF SHAME) if this was not a Marketplace Forum issue. I still am confused as to why LBJARM's name is still there. Divad?

But yes, other boardies would want to know and a good place for that is the PROBATION DISCUSSIONS forum which says "This thread is to allow general discussion of the community run probation issues and cases so that the main thread can remain dedicated to the core facts and updating of the list rather than the surrounding debates and speculation." Or in Comics General I suppose. But starting it in the PROBATION DISCUSSIONS would have publicized it and maybe the facts would have come out.

As others have said, eBay has their own feedback policy. The Marketplace Forum had none until the Probation List was introduced. Its intent is to "police" the Marketplace Forum itself and make it a safer place to have board transactions. I think it works pretty well and it is one of the threads I read pretty much daily.

And while I agree that LBLARM did not do well here, his inclusion in the list "yust like that" is counter to the List's intent.

:applause:

I do not know the criteria for the probations list but since his participation on the boards influenced the sale then doesn't it qualify? Wouldn't other boardies want to know? FYI I received an e-mail Oct 18th claiming shipping will be made after receiving an e-mail on Sept 25th claiming shipment had been made.

I only hope the comic has shipped but no tracking information has been offered. I also had to resort to threatening to make a paypal claim to get a response over the course of the last couple of months. I understand slow shipping and people being busy. I don't appreciate being deceived. I thought this was a forum to warn other potential buyers and only spoke up when I saw a sales thread on the boards(if I was buying I'd want to know). If I misused then my bad and my apologies.

I don't believe that this belongs in the probation thread or list. But we absolutely do appreciate it being brought to our attention as this information will affect our buying and selling choices. I would hope that when, hopefully when, this package arrives you will send the seller the money that was refunded to you.

I still am confused as to why LBJARM's name is still there. Divad?

Uh, because I have a job? lol

btw Pov, there's no magic to the list, why didn't YOU correct it (if it got your panties in such a wad . . . ) :roflmao:

I hate to do this and not sure how this works but everyone deserves a heads up.

I purchased a comic from LBJARM and paid on Sept 1st. He told me on the 25th that he shipped and added a raw copy for the delay (no problem). He sent a second e-mail apologizing and offered to find me any comic I might be missing. This was not necessary but appreciated so no worries.

On Oct 19th when the comic had not arrived I asked again. He replied that the comic will ship soon.

I filed with MC last week. I waited 2 full months and still have no confirmation that it's been sent.

I was unsure whether to post here until I saw he started a sales thread.

Has anyone in the last 12 posts read the OP? :grin:

Where does it say eBay? hm

Looks a little closer Divad.

Now that's GOOD - very Goood! lol

btw Pov, there's no magic to the list, why didn't YOU correct it (if it got your panties in such a wad . . . ) :roflmao:

Cool. I was not aware of that option!

(tsk) Not nice to rub my unemployed face in it! :(

Actually, I wasn't . . . I was just defending myself :grin::foryou:

(tsk) Not nice to rub my unemployed face in it! :(

Actually, I wasn't . . . I was just defending myself :grin::foryou:

18 months now. It sucketh. :hi:

Tell me about it - 12 months now for my Wife :(