• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well, the issue with ComicSupply was that he both sold on these boards and also used these boards (directly or indirectly, depending on your POV) to bring in business through his website. The whole point of the probation list is to create awareness of those members of these boards who are not in good standing as a result of a failure to fully execute their part of a transaction with another member. There is a direct implication of board exclusivity that I don't think requires being stated; those who attempt to nominate someone who has no association with this community OR conducted the business elsewhere, should not be looked at for this "distinction." That's not to say it shouldn't be addressed--it should--but this isn't the right place for it. Again, take it to Comics General with an open letter of complaint as with the many eBay postings we see.

Ok, my soapbox time is done, and it's time to down some coffee and grade papers. :grin:

Ok guys... I've been having an issue and I'm going to vent it all to you in warning...

So I sold almost my entire collection back in July/August, because I needed quick liquid cash to pay for vet bills.

Well, I sold 3500 raw books and almost all of my slabs to one buyer, Vin . He didn't have much in the way of references on the boards, but provided me with other websites and his username and his ebay feedback.

We agreed on a total of $2100 paid in time payments of 300-400 per week and books would be shipped after half was received. We agree that I will ship when he's paid 50% (my first mistake) He went ahead and sent $1000 the first week and $300 the next so that I would go ahead and ship the books. He asked that I ship him the 26 boxes of raw and CGC comics to him through his fedex account to Canada. I was more than happy to oblige.

All of the raw comics make it and the CGC boxes get held up at customs. Once the buyer gets the CGC boxes, I get an e-mail saying that 10 of the 79 CGC slabs have been cracked. Wanting to be a good seller I tell him to take $10 for each cracked slab he listed (and understand this is more than he even paid for them, but I'm trying to do the right thing). He sends me a PM saying thanks.

Well, then that 300-400 per week quickly became $100 every other week, which was fine because I was still getting paid. But then those payments stopped to. I then got a PM from him on 9/23 that he was going through some personal issues and would be late with that payment. I told him that due to his personal issues, it would be ok for that payment to be late. At this time of that PM, he's only paid me $1500 of the $2000 (with the $100 discount I gave him).

So right now I'm still due $500 from him and to top it off I'm having to fight a $260 FedEx bill that I received from the shippment on his account.

What makes it worse is I've heard from other board members that he is making purchases through PMs after that time as well.

I think Vin should be added to the probation list until he gets everyone that he owes money to paid.

Has this been resolved? I can say I have a fairly large transaction with Vin (Over 2000) and he did pay on time. Not 100% without issues, but in the end, the terms of the agreement were met.

Again, take it to Comics General with an open letter of complaint as with the many eBay postings we see.

Jeff, this is a good idea, I would go that route as well 2c

Jeff? :baiting:

"Jeff" is Branget's name, Forrest :foryou:

Again, take it to Comics General with an open letter of complaint as with the many eBay postings we see.

Ugh... you take ALL the fun out of taking something out of context. It's getting to the point a guy can't even crack wise anymore. :kidaround:

okay, so did shortstack_comics' problem with Vin halting payment ever get resolved?

No.

so some threadcrapping on some wtb posts wouldn't be out of order then?

hm

just for generic discussion, I guess, to the letter of the terminology, "forum" probation should be limited to "forum" sales, etc...

however, we are still a community (more to some than others) and members of the community should want to help each other out, and likewise, warn their fellow members if they have a problem...

I think this was accomplished hm

okay, so did shortstack_comics' problem with Vin halting payment ever get resolved?

No.

so some threadcrapping on some wtb posts wouldn't be out of order then?

hm

Fire away!!! :whee:

Ugh... you take ALL the fun out of taking something out of context. It's getting to the point a guy can't even crack wise anymore. :kidaround:

Much love :foryou:

Holy Carp !!!!!!!! :o

That sucks! Owes money, says he's got personal issues, and then continues to make purchuses behind the scene. Not good!

He's not making them behind the scene, they're in the open. If you search using his board name, you'll see several board transactions, one from just a few weeks ago.

Here's one. Here's another. Here's a WTB thread.

:juggle:

just for generic discussion, I guess, to the letter of the terminology, "forum" probation should be limited to "forum" sales, etc...

however, we are still a community (more to some than others) and members of the community should want to help each other out, and likewise, warn their fellow members if they have a problem...

(thumbs u

I agree even if a name does not make the list the general discussion of whether it should or not helps people make decisions on whether to buy from a seller or not.

(of course this should probably take place in the probatin discussion thread)

Danny

To apeace all of my Canadian boardies. The book that belongs to Branget was shippied on October 30th, 2009 via USPS International Shipment. The book will take 10-15 days to arrive to it's destination, USPS rules. IT WAS NOT SHIPPED on the 19th... LAZYNESS IS THE ONLY EXCUSE POSSIBLE.

Branget was told that if he didn't or doesn't want the book when it arrives, he can mail it back to me and the REFUND WILL BE ISSUED.

This post is clearly posted on the Probation Discussion Board. Anything around that will be considered Trolling.

Thank you guys.

With all due respect Adonis, laziness is 'i can't be bothered to ship it today, I'll do it tomorrow', not in two months time and I'll tell him it shipped last month anyway.

That's just blatant disregard and lying.

1) It was accomplished for the 10 people following this discussion.

2) It was accomplished for the duration of a person's ability to remember that so-and-so caused a problem

In the case of # 2, for me that's about a day! This isn't a huge deal with me, but I know that in 3 months someone could show up in the selling forum and I'd buy a book from them because I wouldn't remember who they were. :boo: