• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

No comment on the obvious delay in receipt, but tell me this . . . you shipped a $90 book via First-Class? doh! 7.9 Ounces? What did you use a manilla envelope and two backing boards? And with what looks like no delivery confirmation! WTF is this place coming to? How cheap can you be? :mad:

I sent it in a cardboard box with a piece of cardboard on each side and peanuts on each side. And 7.9 oz is half a pound.

The no tracking is my fault. I ran out of tickets and forgot to add it at the po.

And after the transaction is complete, why keep the PM's? You know how many pages of PM's I would have?

And I STILL have not heard from the other party.

Lets see here. If the guy never got the book how would you call that a "complete" transaction :screwy:

If I sent the comic and the buyer didn't want insurance, after I have shown proof that I sent the comic, what more can I do?

What if I had put tracking on it and it still wasn't there? What more can I do? Once it is across that counter at the post office, I can't do anything.....Simple as that

I just thought of something. I have already said that I deleted the original pm sales thread from this purchase. I did it a few days after the book was shipped.

Tsimanga said that he has sent me over half a dozen messages and that I "read" all of them but didn't respond.

If I deleted the original pm, how could they show up as being read?

And he still hasn't responded to the pm I sent him this morning.......

I have CLink auctions ending over the next 5 hrs or so and will be viewing those. I want to bid on some nice books that are on there as well. I will be back on the boards after they have all ended......Thanks

Trey

No comment on the obvious delay in receipt, but tell me this . . . you shipped a $90 book via First-Class? doh! 7.9 Ounces? What did you use a manilla envelope and two backing boards? And with what looks like no delivery confirmation! WTF is this place coming to? How cheap can you be? :mad:

I sent it in a cardboard box with a piece of cardboard on each side and peanuts on each side. And 7.9 oz is half a pound.

The no tracking is my fault. I ran out of tickets and forgot to add it at the po.

And after the transaction is complete, why keep the PM's? You know how many pages of PM's I would have?

Lets see here. If the guy never got the book how would you call that a "complete" transaction :screwy:

If I sent the comic and the buyer didn't want insurance, after I have shown proof that I sent the comic, what more can I do?

What if I had put tracking on it and it still wasn't there? What more can I do? Once it is across that counter at the post office, I can't do anything.....Simple as that

Agree.

I just thought of something. I have already said that I deleted the original pm sales thread from this purchase. I did it a few days after the book was shipped.

Tsimanga said that he has sent me over half a dozen messages and that I "read" all of them but didn't respond.

If you removed yourself from the PM thread, he still has it in his inbox, but he's the only participant. Therefore, if he replies to it it will automatically show as unread: none since he's the only one who could read it and he's read it by virtue of hitting the submit button. Get it?

In any event, tsimanga doesn't really strike me as a get a book and then claim non-receipt scammer as you say. It's unfortunate that you didn't add DC to the package, and that's your fault. And if the book's lost, that's your fault as a seller and you should refund his money for your mistake. And next time, add DC and there will be no question who is right and who is wrong. Giving it to the PO without tracking is not enough on your part, sorry.

Agree.

Disagree. DC is for the seller's protection. A simple receipt can be so easily doctored that it's no evidence of anything really. Shipping without DC is a risk for the seller, plain and simple. Takes your chances, takes your lumps.

Delivery Confirmation doesn't really say anything. It means it made it to the doorstep but that doesn't mean it was received. My mailman leaves packages on my porch all the time.

UPS just left a 32" LCD tv and Blu-Ray player on my porch without actually seeing if I was home.

Delivery Confirmation doesn't really say anything. It means it made it to the doorstep but that doesn't mean it was received. My mailman leaves packages on my porch all the time.

UPS just left a 32" LCD tv and Blu-Ray player on my porch without actually seeing if I was home.

True, it's not called Receipt Confirmation for a reason, only Delivery Confirmation.

If theft at the doorstep is an issue, that's on the buyer to make the seller aware of the possiblity and to ask for, and pay for, a delivery method requiring a signature.

But to give something to the PO and not provide for any tracking and then to just wash your hands of it with a shrug and a "what more could I do?" is not cutting it for me.

That's what you get for not ordering at least a 40+" LCD. :makepoint:

:baiting:

Just had a package left outside my doorstep today. The mailman didnt even try to put it where it couldnt be seen from the street, just sitting in plain view of everyone.

Maybe next time Silver needs to actually deliver it himself and wait till someone answers. :)

I think this is a possible "I got the book and it doesn't have tracking on it, so he can't prove he shipped it. Lets see if I can get my money back AND keep the comic" scam!!!!

I have shown proof I shipped the book. Not a lot more I can do than that......

Pretty ballsy accusation my friend ,,I dont know why you would send ANYTHING without del confirmation ..Cheap way to get piece of mind on deals..

If this was a paypal dispute you lose..PERIOD end of story.Its a drag when this kinda stuff happens.Not saying your lying or anything of the sort but look at the buyers point of view.How does he know you didnt send a box with something else in it to a McDonalds in his city.

I had a guy once on Ebay a few years back send me a football card.Or say he sent it.It never shows up..I file a paypal dispute..I get tracking info a few days later with a envelope with a total common card in it.I lost 300 bux that way

Always best to get del confirmation.May be an expensive lesson learned Trey.not taking anyones side.I wasnt involved but pay the 35 cents for piece of mind.

That's what you get for not ordering at least a 40+" LCD. :makepoint:

Plasma ..Im sure no one wanted to steal that LCD anyways

Also UPS has certain areas that are considered high risk or high theft areas where they will never leave a package on the doorstep/You obviously live in a nice area .if you lived in the ghetto that TV wont be left out like that

Edited by JerryZ

If you removed yourself from the PM thread, he still has it in his inbox, but he's the only participant. Therefore, if he replies to it it will automatically show as unread: none since he's the only one who could read it and he's read it by virtue of hitting the submit button. Get it?

In any event, tsimanga doesn't really strike me as a get a book and then claim non-receipt scammer as you say. It's unfortunate that you didn't add DC to the package, and that's your fault. And if the book's lost, that's your fault as a seller and you should refund his money for your mistake. And next time, add DC and there will be no question who is right and who is wrong. Giving it to the PO without tracking is not enough on your part, sorry.

Right on the money (no pun intended).

This ain't ebay - if there's a problem with a transaction, it's your responsibility as a seller to make things right. Period.

The original PM would still be in tsimanga's list of messages. If you had deleted the PM from your end, then subsequent PMs sent by tsimanga would show up in the PM topic as "unread by: none".

Also, if you had deleted your PM, tsimanga should have seen a message indicating you had removed yourself from the topic.

The original PM would still be in tsimanga's list of messages. If you had deleted the PM from your end, then subsequent PMs sent by tsimanga would show up in the PM topic as "unread by: none".

Also, if you had deleted your PM, tsimanga should have seen a message indicating you had removed yourself from the topic.

That's what I thought. Something doesn't add up there.

Note to self: monitor Sckao's board purchasing activity, drive by his house a few days later.

I got ripped off by forum member The Silver-Age

His names Trey. It was a Green lantern #7. I've wrote him 7 times and asked about the shipping status of the book. He always reads my messages but yet doesn't respond to any of them. Nothing. I haven't heard back from him at all since I paid. I paid him via paypal personal on OCT 6th... it's now oct 21st and I'm positive he has given me the shaft.

Zero communication from this guy. No book, no responses.. nothing... please put him on the probabtion list... and if ANYONE (That I know OR TRUST THAT IS), on here wants to read my messages write me and Ill give you the PW so you can see the shaft first hand...

Martin

This seems a bit over-the-top in tone. It's not the best form to come on here and blast an established seller as intentionally ripping you off until you've made some effort to enlist people's help in getting to the bottom of the situation.

So...could you start by clarifying whether you're getting a message that he's removed himself from your pm thread, or whether you have some reason to think he's actually read your pm's but not responded?

Speaking of over-the-top... :makepoint:

Me and Trey have smoothed things out. I simply was upset because I didn't hear anything back from him for so long when in fact I was unaware he removed himself from our topic. Thought he was ignoring me time and time again. Everythings cool and I will take blame for this one..... least everythings cool from my end )

I got ripped off by forum member The Silver-Age

His names Trey. It was a Green lantern #7. I've wrote him 7 times and asked about the shipping status of the book. He always reads my messages but yet doesn't respond to any of them. Nothing. I haven't heard back from him at all since I paid. I paid him via paypal personal on OCT 6th... it's now oct 21st and I'm positive he has given me the shaft.

Zero communication from this guy. No book, no responses.. nothing... please put him on the probabtion list... and if ANYONE (That I know OR TRUST THAT IS), on here wants to read my messages write me and Ill give you the PW so you can see the shaft first hand...

Martin

This seems a bit over-the-top in tone. It's not the best form to come on here and blast an established seller as intentionally ripping you off until you've made some effort to enlist people's help in getting to the bottom of the situation."

I agree. 100%

My fault on this. I honestly have bought many copies of GL #7 recently and it was ME who got confused as to if Trey sent me the copy I bought from him. I appreciate everyones input, advice, support and critique... next time I will go the more civil road and discuss matters first with fellow boardies.. it's small world we have here.

On a side note - This weeks been kinda stressful for me as I'm getting married this Saturday... I think the 'stress' contributed to me jumping the gun here.

I hope Trey and others can forgive me here as all I wanted from him was a response that he shipped the book (Actually first question was if the book had writing on the outside plastic cover to confirm it was his), I believe him nonetheless... just wanted to hear it from him. I have noiw and all is good ).. I hope

Sorry my man