• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Are you refering to an e-bay transaction that has already shipped???? How can someone be put on probation for something unrelated to the Sales Forum?

Yes, I do take fault for being a slacker in the shipping department, but I threw in $50 worth of Freebies..and now I'm getting faulted :sorry:

That's why I wont ship to Canada or International for that matter. Nothing but problems. :(

Lazy, yes, a little irresponsible for not getting it shipped on time, yes A thieft however, I am not.

Please don't blame Canada. If Branget's dates are correct he waited more than a month and a half and the books hadn't been shipped. Customs and Canada Post can't be blamed for this. It is painful waiting for overdue books and wondering if they've been stolen or missing.

I do agree that a person shouldn't go on the probation list for transactions outside of the boards. Regardless, if the books are on the way this should be easy to resolve.

The book is 100% on the way, no questions about that. The problem I have right now is the transaction was strickly on e-bay. The buyer, who is also a board memeber, approached me on the forum and asked questions about the shipment. The questions were answered, and the book was shipped.

Now I'm being faulted for an issue that is totally unrelated to the sales forum, the book wasn't even posted on the Sales/E-bay Link. Anyone who's bought a book from me knows that I'm 100% honest and professional.

When HE gets the book, I'm sure things will be solved. If he DID get a refund from his Credit Card, then he'll win either way cause HE will have the book, plus the $$ that he paid for.

Perhaps but there has been precedent set with others added to the Probation list for transactions off the board. ComicSupply comes to mind.

Should this be in contention we will need to remove ComicSupply in order to not seem hypocritical and maybe some others.

I would also take your argument that it was off the boards as specious. A transaction between boardies certainly qualifies in my eye since we allow advertising to Ebay auctions as well in the forums.

Are you being facetious? I mean, really? :roflmao:

ComicSupply solicited his sales here. He was a dirtball from day 1 and everyone seemed to forgive and forget. Forgive and forget MULTIPLE times.

Surely you jest. :roflmao:

Are you refering to an e-bay transaction that has already shipped???? How can someone be put on probation for something unrelated to the Sales Forum?

Yes, I do take fault for being a slacker in the shipping department, but I threw in $50 worth of Freebies..and now I'm getting faulted :sorry:

That's why I wont ship to Canada or International for that matter. Nothing but problems. :(

Lazy, yes, a little irresponsible for not getting it shipped on time, yes A thieft however, I am not.

Please don't blame Canada. If Branget's dates are correct he waited more than a month and a half and the books hadn't been shipped. Customs and Canada Post can't be blamed for this. It is painful waiting for overdue books and wondering if they've been stolen or missing.

I do agree that a person shouldn't go on the probation list for transactions outside of the boards. Regardless, if the books are on the way this should be easy to resolve.

The book is 100% on the way, no questions about that. The problem I have right now is the transaction was strickly on e-bay. The buyer, who is also a board memeber, approached me on the forum and asked questions about the shipment. The questions were answered, and the book was shipped.

Now I'm being faulted for an issue that is totally unrelated to the sales forum, the book wasn't even posted on the Sales/E-bay Link. Anyone who's bought a book from me knows that I'm 100% honest and professional.

When HE gets the book, I'm sure things will be solved. If he DID get a refund from his Credit Card, then he'll win either way cause HE will have the book, plus the $$ that he paid for.

Perhaps but there has been precedent set with others added to the Probation list for transactions off the board. ComicSupply comes to mind.

Should this be in contention we will need to remove ComicSupply in order to not seem hypocritical and maybe some others.

I would also take your argument that it was off the boards as specious. A transaction between boardies certainly qualifies in my eye since we allow advertising to Ebay auctions as well in the forums.

ComicSupply solicited his sales here. He was a dirtball from day 1 and everyone seemed to forgive and forget. Forgive and forget MULTIPLE times.

Guys please don't compare me to the other subjects on the list :( As stated before, this transaction was 100% not forum related.

Here's the link to prove it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260468249209&sspagename=Action:MSHP

The fact that we allow advertising to other sites...including Ebay seems to me to be enough of a reason.

Oh wait...let me add the obligatory..... :roflmao:

Your turn, smartass

Guys please don't compare me to the other subjects on the list :( As stated before, this transaction was 100% not forum related.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260468249209&sspagename=Action:MSHP

I agree that you don't belong on the forum probation list because it was an eBay transaction. But you still didn't answer Sharon's (skypinkblu's) question. When did you actually ship the book? If it took you a month to ship the book then you at least deserve a neg in eBay.

The fact that we allow advertising to other sites...including Ebay seems to me to be enough of a reason.

Your turn, smartass

I didn't advertise the sale on the e-bay sales forum. :frustrated:

Your turn, smartass

Sigh.

You guys are too thick in the head.

Just read and think about it first.

I agree that you don't belong on the forum probation list because it was an eBay transaction. But you still didn't answer Sharon's (skypinkblu's) question. When did you actually ship the book? If it took you a month to ship the book then you at least deserve a neg in eBay.

Shipped it a week and half ago. And yes, I do deserve the negative without question. But again, it has nothing to do with the sales forum on the boards. The book wasn't even solicited for sale. It was an e-bay transaction. The complaint, however, was made outside of e-bay..here on the boards.

Your turn, smartass

Sigh.

You guys are too thick in the head.

Just read and think about it first.

So, for every delayed shipment sales, or negative feedback left to a "seller" who's also a member, he should be penalized twice by also being put on the probation thread? Even if the sale Was Not solicited on this site?

Your turn, smartass

David,

I have to agree with Dice on this one. You're basically saying that anytime a board member sells anything on eBay and the buyer just happens to be another board member, and if there's some kind of problem with the transaction (whatever it may be), that the buyer can come on here, bash the seller and add the seller to the forum probation list.

I don't think so. meh

Your turn, smartass

David,

I have to agree with Dice on this one. You're basically saying that anytime a board member sells anything on eBay and the buyer just happens to be another board member, and if there's some kind of problem with the transaction (whatever it may be), that the buyer can come on here, bash the seller and add the seller to the forum probation list.

I don't think so. meh

Perhaps its an extreme position and Im willing to concede to the majority. Ebay is certainly the best place to file the grievance in this situation. However, I still think there has been precedence for this in the past and it might be best to just clarify the rule as opposed to arguing about something that is likely going to be cleared up in a few days anyway.

How many posts have we seen where a buyer (or seller) has outed the other party due to a bad transaction (from whatever site?) (shrug)

I agree that if a transaction takes place on eBay and the seller did not advertise in the eBay thread on the selling forum then the seller should NOT be placed on the board probation list.

I do appreciate, however, when anyone who has had a questionable experience with a buyer or seller posts their experience in general. Perhaps this is where this should have gone.

I would understand if I left him in the dark, but I did write him back everytime he PMed me. I could of been a jerk and told him to handle it on e-bay, but I'm not that kind of person.

And like I stated before, irresponsible I was.

Has anyone in the last 12 posts read the OP? :grin:

Where does it say eBay? hm

Me me! I did! :hi:

Where does it say Marketplace?

:foryou:

I think that it is fine for someone to disclose a bad ebay transaction between boardies, as Scottish says, in hopes of getting a resolution. But this is simply not what the Probation List is for. And to just put someone on the list the same day with zero discussion about it is not the norm.

There was one post from branget. No followups posted. No discussion. And same day LBJARM is on the list, for a transaction that apparantly does not fit the criteria.

Perhaps its an extreme position and Im willing to concede to the majority. Ebay is certainly the best place to file the grievance in this situation. However, I still think there has been precedence for this in the past and it might be best to just clarify the rule as opposed to arguing about something that is likely going to be cleared up in a few days anyway.

The rule is clear. The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

This was not a Marketplace Forum transaction. It was not even advertised in the Dealer/eBay forum.

But I agree with you, Shooty, in the sense that clarification is needed IF the intent of the PL is going to be expanded. It does scare me to see only one post from branget with no followup or, apparantly, investigation and have LBLARM's name added to the list the same day.

The rule is clear. The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

This was not a Marketplace Forum transaction. It was not even advertised in the Dealer/eBay forum.

But I agree with you, Shooty, in the sense that clarification is needed IF the intent of the PL is going to be expanded. It does scare me to see only one post from branget with no followup or, apparantly, investigation and have LBLARM's name added to the list the same day.

Isn't Comic Supply on the list for off-board issues? Just sayin'

BUT, he made solicitations for his site on the board.

I hope you're referring to the Comic Supply guy and not me

The Forum Probation List is used to warn other forum members about engaging in transactions with people who don't follow through on their transactions - whether those transactions take place on ebay or here on the boards seems irrelevant to me, because a bad transaction is a bad transaction no matter where it happens.

With that said, I don't get why there's such a big ruckus about this, though - the probation list rules are pretty simple: if you fullfill your obligations (which in your case would entail providing proof that branget has either received the items you supposedly sent him or a full refund), you're off the list again.

I hope you're referring to the Comic Supply guy and not me

He was.