• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I hear you guys. The added sales thread were because I really need money for missing 5 weeks of work. I did send the books and sent him a tracking number today. I wasn't able to get a message to him. With the shipping, again I never make profit. I gave Jeff around 20 books for free and ate the extra shipping that it cost to include them. It was the least i could do. It's my fault for the communication. I am usually sick once every two years, this time some infection has had me every 2-3 weeks since the end of August. I will try harder to communicate better.

Edited by kenm

And just to add something to the discussion other than bull sheeet...

I have dealt with Ken on two seperate occasions. Both were for big piles of books. They both got here and were as described. I think he's good people who just got a little behind.

Give him a day or two to throw a delivery confirmation number up here for boostergold (who is also a super nice guy as well).

Ruppy, this isn't a shot at you, and I know you mean well...and it's not even really a shot at kenm, because I'm sure HE means well, too...

But...other than encouraging a buyer to perhaps be more patient (which could be done via PMs), what is the point of everyone and their dog who had a transaction with someone currently "under the microscope" have to do with ANYTHING?

Buyer - "Seller hasn't shipped my stuff, and it's been over 2 months."

Seller has failed.

Others chime in "oh, MY transaction with this seller was wonderful!"

Yeah?

And....?

So....?

Is that supposed to magically make the buyer feel all warm and fuzzy and want to drop the whole thing, let the seller keep the money AND the product...? Does that somehow DIMINISH the buyer's BAD experience, that the seller has had multiple GOOD experiences with others?

Can you imagine:

Wal-Mart Customer: "Hi...you folks were supposed to deliver this item three weeks ago, and it hasn't arrived."

Wal-Mart: "Sir, we've had MILLIONS of transactions with other people, and no one's ever had a complaint." (how many times have we heard THAT one...? The unspoken finish to that sentence is "so you shouldn't, either.")

Other customers who overhear: "Yeah, we LOVE Wal-Mart! They've been great!"

Wal-Mart Customer: " :eyeroll: ...so, can I expect my thing any time soon, or should I just drop the whole thing, considering what a stellar job you've done with everyone else?"

It is :screwy: beyond belief, it does the person IN the situation no good (except PERHAPS to POSSIBLY give encouragement...because they certainly can't do anything else...and that can be done via PM), and, frankly, it's a slap in the face of the one making the complaint, intended or not.

The fact that the seller has been WONDERFUL every previous time does not change one iota the fact that THIS time, they weren't. And to THIS customer, THIS time is the only one that matters.

I have dealt with Ken on two seperate occasions. Both were for big piles of books. They both got here and were as described. I think he's good people who just got a little behind.

Give him a day or two to throw a delivery confirmation number up here for boostergold (who is also a super nice guy as well).

Ruppy, this isn't a shot at you, and I know you mean well...and it's not even really a shot at kenm, because I'm sure HE means well, too...

But...other than encouraging a buyer to perhaps be more patient (which could be done via PMs), what is the point of everyone and their dog who had a transaction with someone currently "under the microscope" have to do with ANYTHING?

Seller has failed.

Yeah?

And....?

So....?

Is that supposed to magically make the buyer feel all warm and fuzzy and want to drop the whole thing, let the seller keep the money AND the product...? Does that somehow DIMINISH the buyer's BAD experience, that the seller has had multiple GOOD experiences with others?

Can you imagine:

Wal-Mart Customer: "Hi...you folks were supposed to deliver this item three weeks ago, and it hasn't arrived."

Wal-Mart: "Sir, we've had MILLIONS of transactions with other people, and no one's ever had a complaint." (how many times have we heard THAT one...? The unspoken finish to that sentence is "so you shouldn't, either.")

Wal-Mart Customer: " :eyeroll: ...so, can I expect my thing any time soon, or should I just drop the whole thing, considering what a stellar job you've done with everyone else?"

It is :screwy: beyond belief, it does the person IN the situation no good (except PERHAPS to POSSIBLY give encouragement...because they certainly can't do anything else...and that can be done via PM), and, frankly, it's a slap in the face of the one making the complaint, intended or not.

The fact that the seller has been WONDERFUL every previous time does not change one iota the fact that THIS time, they weren't. And to THIS customer, THIS time is the only one that matters.

Excellent post...

Seller has failed.

Yeah?

And....?

So....?

Can you imagine:

Well said RMA... and almost correct from start to finish.

I just want THIS customer to know that I have dealt with THAT seller. And THAT seller did me right.

I know this doesn't help THIS customer any other way other than to sooth whats going on with THAT seller in hopes to allieviate perhaps any anger THIS customer has toward THAT seller. I know both THIS & THAT... and I know both are nice guys.

Ken says he's been sick. No work means no money. Maybe he spent the shipping charge on food for his kids. Don't know. I do know he offered a full refund a post or two back. That says a lot about Ken. Now if he doesn't get it to BG, then all hell can break loose here. I've got faith in him to make it good tho.

Again RMA you are correct in almost your entire statement ...BUT I don't think standing up for a fellow boardie is a slap in the face of another boardie if you believe he will make good.

Encouragement is a good thing... plus I want to believe in ALL the boardies... THIS one, THAT one and all THE OTHER ones... don't you? :grin:

I would stand up for you in a second RMA... mainly because I like the fact that you would argue with a closed door about why it wasn't open (...and probably win too). :insane:

I bet I'd be slapped silly for it by 20 different people within 9 minutes for standing up for you too. The closed door lovers would be breaking out the torches & gasoline from that mysterious internet garage they have all that stuff stored in :banana:

Ken says he's been sick. No work means no money. Maybe he spent the shipping charge on food for his kids. Don't know. I do know he offered a full refund a post or two back. That says a lot about Ken. Now if he doesn't get it to BG, then all hell can break loose here. I've got faith in him to make it good tho.

Not to pick nits...but how can he afford a full refund if he can't afford the shipping cost....? Maybe he spent the money on his crack cocaine habit. Don't know.

hm

Again RMA you are correct in almost your entire statement ...BUT I don't think standing up for a fellow boardie is a slap in the face of another boardie if you believe he will make good.

Encouragement is a good thing... plus I want to believe in ALL the boardies... THIS one, THAT one and all THE OTHER ones... don't you? :grin:

No. I don't. Because I know there are people out there who wish to cheat, rob, and steal from others, and finding out sooner than later is a good thing.

Sorry, but has been proven over and over again, just by looking at the Probation list and Hall of Shame, not all boardies are created equal.

Now...I'm not saying this about kenm (must insert this for the easily offended among us)...this is a general statement.

And all sorts of people, piling on to say that THEIR experience was wonderful, especially in public, does not HELP the one with the complaint.

After all...lots of people had good transactions with the people on the HOS list.........

hm

I would stand up for you in a second RMA... mainly because I like the fact that you would argue with a closed door about why it wasn't open (...and probably win too). :insane:

As cute as your example is, that would make me an idiot, and I like to think I'm not an idiot.

(thumbs u

I bet I'd be slapped silly for it by 20 different people within 9 minutes for standing up for you too. The closed door lovers would be breaking out the torches & gasoline from that mysterious internet garage they have all that stuff stored in :banana:

:screwy:

Get off his nuts

Ghost Rider pointing out that a post is on point and well written is the equivalent of being "on his nuts"?? lol

Your time in forum incarceration has turned you bitter, cynical and (it seems) really immature.

:roflmao:

Not to pick nits...but how can he afford a full refund if he can't afford the shipping cost....? Maybe he spent the money on his crack cocaine habit. Don't know.

hm

No. I don't. Because I know there are people out there who wish to cheat, rob, and steal from others, and finding out sooner than later is a good thing.

Sorry, but has been proven over and over again, just by looking at the Probation list and Hall of Shame, not all boardies are created equal.

Now...I'm not saying this about kenm (must insert this for the easily offended among us)...this is a general statement.

And all sorts of people, piling on to say that THEIR experience was wonderful, especially in public, does not HELP the one with the complaint.

After all...lots of people had good transactions with the people on the HOS list.........

hm

As cute as your example is, that would make me an idiot, and I like to think I'm not an idiot.

(thumbs u

:screwy:

I don't what this is with I couldn't afford to ship it business. It's shipped and money for shipping was not an issue. I even added 20 or so books he wanted and ate the extra shipping cost. Trying to make up for the slowness. I failed to communicate properly bottom line. It has been shipped now and trying to repair any further damage I am now offering a refund. I have stated all this in my posts.

Edited by kenm

FACT: 65 pages of discussion since the last person was added to the Probation List on 10/14/11 . . . :screwy:

Which is EXACTLY what the discussion part of the probation area is for...for problems to be given a forum for debate and revelation.

Given the amount of problems brought up, discussed and resolved since October without anyone being added to the list, it's anything but :screwy: it's a perfect example of the system working. :applause:

FACT: 65 pages of discussion since the last person was added to the Probation List on 10/14/11 . . . :screwy:

Which is EXACTLY what the discussion part of the probation area is for...for problems to be given a forum for debate and revelation.

Given the amount of problems brought up, discussed and resolved since October without anyone being added to the list, it's anything but :screwy: it's a perfect example of the system working. :applause:

Agreed, seems to work remarkably well. A half dozen posts above is an

example of a boardie who failed to ship books and has gone through the

probation ringer.

Agreed, seems to work remarkably well. A half dozen posts above is an

example of a boardie who failed to ship books and has gone through the

probation ringer.

As if that's enough . . . I disagree. :grin:

I don't what this is with I couldn't afford to ship it business. It's shipped and money for shipping was not an issue. I even added 20 or so books he wanted and ate the extra shipping cost. Trying to make up for the slowness. I failed to communicate properly bottom line. It has been shipped now and trying to repair any further damage I am now offering a refund. I have stated all this in my posts.

I wasn't going to get into this anymore, but after this statement I have to. You state that "money for shipping was not an issue", yet, in a PM to me I quote you. "I have no paycheck this week due to the sickness so I got to get some funds. I'll make all this up to you eventually."

It seems you are trying to use the fact that you offered the Teen Titans books to me for this oversight to justify some of this. Yes, it was a good gesture, but the main thing is that I paid for the books that I order plus around $7.00 in shipping. Then later I added the Teen Titans. I was willing to pay for these , but as a gesture you offered them for overlooking this. Then all of the other reasons kept coming up as to why they aren't getting being shipped yet. I could have withstood a couple of them, but I kept thinking of, "when will it all stop and I get my books?".

Also, I don't want a refund. I want the books. I pay for what I agree to buy.

lol @ rma... Who said that?

Jeff, In that quote did not mean I didnt have money for shipping as I had the money in the PayPal account. I sent the tracking number, the books are on the way, the refund was another gesture to put this to bed and that's what I want to do. I want to make it right and I'm trying. Other than getting the books what will satisfy you? I can send a list of books for you to pick from and I'll get them to you no cost.

Edited by kenm

OMG, Booster, you're a total toxic, hostile customer. How DARE you demand what you paid for?????

meh

Could you please, please, pretty please .. change your location?...Even if you are in a 1/4 glass full mode, it's just not funny, there are people who have lost dear friends and family from that disease.

I was going to send a PM, but I saw you were asked before and ignored it.