• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share this in the probation forum! Looks like some people will sell to anyone

So if the assumption is a 9.8 would go for $500, what would a 9.6 example sell for?

:popcorn:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-35-1988-CGC-9-6-NM-1-4-rare-high-grade-/320828172615?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab2d96947#ht_500wt_1261

The only thing that link shows is that a 9.6 isn't worth $250 :shrug:

Someone will pay it sooner or later or somewhere near that price....I'd pay $300 to $400 for a 9.8

daken2626 (added 10/14/11) hm Shouldn't you pay off what you owe first? You are on the porbatian list for a reason.

I just completed a transaction with BeachBum that went extremely well so you can kiss my ...that list does not mean mess to me

There's no rule that prevents someone from selling to a person on the probation list. With that said, I don't see any harm in politely contacting a seller through PM and pointing out the list. The seller may or may not be aware of this tool. In the end, it's that person's choice who he/she deals with.

So is the only way for someone to get off the Probation list to rectify the transaction that put them on the probation list in the first place?

That, OR perform three miracles certified by the Vatican. No, wait, that's for something else.

It's just been brought to my attention via PM that Daken is bragging about completing a transaction with me here.

I've dealt with Daken in the past (Bought & sold) that's why I allowed him to purchase from him me. I made sure to cover myself with sig confirmations and everything just in case. Now, I don't think he should be using me as an excuse to flip everyone off here. It was a simple transaction for a couple of books.

Looking back I tried to find the problem in pages of discussion but couldn't figure out the issue.

In the PM sent to me it was indicated - "Him bragging about you selling to him makes you look even more awesomer btw", which I don't think is the case. And if someone had an issue with me I'm sure it would have been brought up already.

I've been trading in this community for years with no issues and a lot of you have met and dealt with me directly and are now my personal friends. I understand having someone not complete a transaction is a PITA and I currently have board members that I'm working with privately to resolve their outstanding payments - I feel your pain.

I'm rambling cause it's early and now I have to try to get my dogs to go potty in the rain.

Just my two cents and some food for though Dre (and credit to Transplant as it was his post I am quoting/stealing)...when you do business with an individual on the probation list and accept their payment it prevents such funds from being used to resolve problems/debts with other boardies in the community. Also, if he is flaunting this, it weakens the effectiveness of the system designed to look out for each other that has been put in place by community agreement.

Hello All,

I am proposing adding daken2626 to the probation list.

On 8/12/11, he posted the red Take It sign for two CGC books in my sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=230991&Number=5005359#Post5005359

On 8/15/11, he sent a message about the payment: "thanks will zip that over asap "

I have tried to reach him since that time, but to no avail. He has also removed himself from the private message dialogue.

Thanks, Brian

He's a serial delayed seller/buyer.

The reason I asked for a discussion thread in the first place was b/c of Daken2626. The idea was that people could post their problems with buyers/sellers without having to wait the "official" 30 days for probation. Seems nothing has changed. New thread.

Previous probation thread.

And here.

Just my two cents and some food for though Dre (and credit to Transplant as it was his post I am quoting/stealing)...when you do business with an individual on the probation list and accept their payment it prevents such funds from being used to resolve problems/debts with other boardies in the community. Also, if he is flaunting this, it weakens the effectiveness of the system designed to look out for each other that has been put in place by community agreement.

+1

+1

Will I be doing business with him again? Probably not, especially after the post I was made aware of - But there has to be an easier way of people figuring out what the exactly is going on than sifting through pages of back and forth. If these discussions threads were cleaner it would make it easier track the issue.

I think the post I was PMd was actually in the resto forum.

+1

Will I be doing business with him again? Probably not, especially after the post I was made aware of - But there has to be an easier way of people figuring out what the exactly is going on than sifting through pages of back and forth. If these discussions threads were cleaner it would make it easier track the issue.

What do you mean, Dre? There's a separate thread specifically for the Probation List which contains just the list itself. It makes it very easy to see which people you should avoid dealing with ...

+1

What do you mean, Dre? There's a separate thread specifically for the Probation List which contains just the list itself. It makes it very easy to see which people you should avoid dealing with ...

The initial PM link a few weeks ago I think sent me to some discussion page that was over something else, since I'm not used to dealing with knuckleheads on the probation list I couldn't figure out what was going on. I practically work 14 -16 hours a day, seven days a week so it fell to the side very quickly. When I realized what was going on again after some time had passed and he bought some books from my thread I actually felt kind of bad that I didn't stop him right away so I went ahead with the sale but made sure to sig confirm it and only send it to address listed in the PayPal transaction (he asked me to send it somewhere ese). At that point in a sick kind of way I was actually testing the situation, seeing if there were going to be some more shenagins - I actually laughed about it with my lady - "What's this guy up to now". lol

It's 10 AM PST - this has been my day so far since 7 AM PST -

On the phone resolving two seperate banking issues, look at emailed artwork on an upcoming project that needs to be approved and finished & had a phone conversation, walk my dogs in the rain, take my lady to her Ad Agency since she doesn't know how to buy an umbrella, read and post here throughout, now I have to drive 45 mins north to Malibu to check on some construction, then drive back into Venice to walk the dogs, then probably drive 2 hours south to La Jolla to check on another jobsite.

And how did I get roped into calling the wedding venue as well sometime this morning?

Looking back was it a mistake honoring :takeit: in the sales thread. Yes, but it was also my mistake not telling him he couldn't have the books earlier.

It happened.

I have spoke with Dre about this on the phone and from what I can see is that we have one of the largest sellers on the boards who made a mistake. He can get into the details but the last thing he wants to do is upset the community.

I for one do not spend much time looking at the probation thread and I know Dre doesn't either. If I am flat out told via pm or in my thread that someone is on the probation list then they would have to resolve with the other seller/buyer.

So I ask the probation peeps what can Dre do for penance? Or do we keep discussing it ad nauseum with nothing changing. He clearly got the message.

Remember, as much as people would like to be in this thread 24/7 which many of you are, not all can. If you see something where itbis really happening...like in a sales thread...post something like people used to.

My 2 cents now back to painting and selling with a little tv thrown in for fun lol