• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Maybe we can set up a new rule where if a probation Lister is wanting to buy a book, and the seller thinks the probation Lister has full intentions of buying the book, the probation Lister will have a certain time limit (24 or 48 hours or some timeframe that's reasonable) to pay for the book via PayPal. If he doesn't pay for the book in the alotted time frame, the deal is canceled and the books are put back up for sale and the probation Lister will then be lynched in a town square for everyone to see. If anyone wants to accept another form of payment or buy a book from a probation lister, i think thats completely at their own risk. Maybe this new rule can be another step towards redemption or another step towards the HOS. That's my 2¢. What do you guys think?

:hi: Sharon

You make a good point, and I agree completely about rudeness/poor manners not being sufficient for HoS or the ceremonial booting into outer space :ohnoez:

However, my understanding is that both of these individuals have multiple failed transactions...Goodash somewhat of a spree of difficulties of late (I counted several boardies with individual complaints). Daken has had problems dating back to 2007 by Transplants account. :(

Anyway, just my two cents...I do not feel strong enough about either case to push it any further since I was not the aggrieved party. I did want to throw it out there as a suggestion though (thumbs u

Maybe we can set up a new rule where if a probation Lister is wanting to buy a book, and the seller thinks the probation Lister has full intentions of buying the book, the probation Lister will have a certain time limit (24 or 48 hours or some timeframe that's reasonable) to pay for the book via PayPal. If he doesn't pay for the book in the alotted time frame, the deal is canceled and the books are put back up for sale and the probation Lister will then be lynched in a town square for everyone to see. If anyone wants to accept another form of payment or buy a book from a probation lister, i think thats completely at their own risk. Maybe this new rule can be another step towards redemption or another step towards the HOS. That's my 2¢. What do you guys think?

I think the problem with this is something I referenced earlier. By agreeing to let a PL person buy from you the deal hoses the boardie with the transaction that was never completed. Kind of an aiding and abetting thing in my mind.

For example...I :takeit: on $100 worth of stuff from Rupp. I fail to pay, get thrown on the PL and reside there for a few months. After the hubbub dies down, I quietly attempt to buy things by PM from folks. I think a seller that takes the funds knowing I am on the list is essentially taking funds that should rightfully go to the original seller (Rupp) that I failed to complete the transaction with. I had the ability to correct matters, but by selling to me while I am on the PL we allow the original issue to carry over :frustrated:

The reason we don't sell or buy from probationers is not just to prevent ourselves from being ripped off, but also to stand by our fellow boarders.

It's really the only way we can discourage people from coming here and just being a bad actor.

This is not just a selling forum, it's a community, although it seems some people never venture out of the selling forum.

This forum sales venue is only as strong as those who support it and stand up for others.

Heath :foryou: , my error, I did not realize he had transgressions going back that far and I was trying to bend over backwards to be nice because he was starting to annoy me.

The reason we don't sell or buy from probationers is not just to prevent ourselves from being ripped off, but also to stand by our fellow boarders.

It's really the only way we can discourage people from coming here and just being a bad actor.

:applause:

That's really what this comes down to. Supporting the community through the use of not selling books to such buyers.

Anyone disregarding the Probation List knowingly would be taking money which otherwise should be used towards historic unpaid transactions. And that, in my opinion, is self-interest cancelling out community care.

At least now the point has been made by the probation member bragging about the transaction.

Not sure this has come up yet, but given the number of failed deals and boardies left hanging, is HoS status more appropriate for Goodash?

At this point, does it really matter? do you think anyone on these boards will conduct business with him again? Probably not...

Yes, it does...that is the reason the HoS exists. I do not do so, but there are a number of boardies who overlook some of the probationary folks. :eek: Simple fact of the matter is that the HoS exists to alert others to wide ranging or severe violations of the selling guidelines, whereas the PL addresses individual and less serious violations. Also, through the HoS process more people are alerted to the danger (through discussion, and oftentimes a reference in CG) presented by the people placed there.

I agree.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. I was one of the individuals who agreed to sell him a book on time payments only to have him flake out and go AWOL on me. Luckily I was able to move the book quickly and wasn't hurt by his actions.

I just know I wouldn't need a HoS list to not conduct business with him; I do see the need for it for others though...

How many other people had bad transactions with him?

Just to put this on record, I was also one of the ones he made a deal with and didn't follow through on..

I sold him an expensive sketch book at a very reasonable price at the end of November. We set up two time payments, he was supposed to send via MO. At this point he seemed very happy to be receiving this book as he had "been after something like this for YEARS" as he put it. He then "bought" another high priced WD book from another board member. I congratulated him for getting two books that he really wanted.

I then pulled a dumb move and spent some money with the thought that I was going to eventually receive his payments. So a couple weeks go by and I was supposed to get the first MO. I PM'd him regarding it and he said: "Hey man. I had some untimely thing happen, my grandma is close to passing away, and I ended up having to use some of that money for seeing her. So,if its possible, an ok w you, if I send the first one near the end ofghis month. Then the rest in January."

I told him I was sorry to hear it and sending it later would not be a problem. I guess I should've known! At the end of December he sends me an update: "first half the payment will be in the mail, either the end of this week, or first part of next. Then the other half at the end of jan." So I was still optimistic about getting paid. He then told me his grandma had passed away. Again I told him I was sorry and gave him time for what he needed to do.

Ten days later I still hadn't received payment and inquired again. No response. I sent a second PM and again no response. Those two PM's were never even looked at even though he posted in this thread days after I sent him the first one. I also sent him a couple emails to his yahoo address and never got a reply.

With all the boardies that he failed to follow through with and how he went about it, makes me even wonder if his relative did indeed pass. I hate to think that way but it just makes me wonder if it wasn't an excuse he used to flake out and get out of these transactions. So add my name to the list of those who wish to see him added to the HOS.

Not sure this has come up yet, but given the number of failed deals and boardies left hanging, is HoS status more appropriate for Goodash?

At this point, does it really matter? do you think anyone on these boards will conduct business with him again? Probably not...

Yes, it does...that is the reason the HoS exists. I do not do so, but there are a number of boardies who overlook some of the probationary folks. :eek: Simple fact of the matter is that the HoS exists to alert others to wide ranging or severe violations of the selling guidelines, whereas the PL addresses individual and less serious violations. Also, through the HoS process more people are alerted to the danger (through discussion, and oftentimes a reference in CG) presented by the people placed there.

I agree.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. I was one of the individuals who agreed to sell him a book on time payments only to have him flake out and go AWOL on me. Luckily I was able to move the book quickly and wasn't hurt by his actions.

I just know I wouldn't need a HoS list to not conduct business with him; I do see the need for it for others though...

How many other people had bad transactions with him?

Just to put this on record, I was also one of the ones he made a deal with and didn't follow through on..

I sold him an expensive sketch book at a very reasonable price at the end of November. We set up two time payments, he was supposed to send via MO. At this point he seemed very happy to be receiving this book as he had "been after something like this for YEARS" as he put it. He then "bought" another high priced WD book from another board member. I congratulated him for getting two books that he really wanted.

I then pulled a dumb move and spent some money with the thought that I was going to eventually receive his payments. So a couple weeks go by and I was supposed to get the first MO. I PM'd him regarding it and he said: "Hey man. I had some untimely thing happen, my grandma is close to passing away, and I ended up having to use some of that money for seeing her. So,if its possible, an ok w you, if I send the first one near the end ofghis month. Then the rest in January."

I told him I was sorry to hear it and sending it later would not be a problem. I guess I should've known! At the end of December he sends me an update: "first half the payment will be in the mail, either the end of this week, or first part of next. Then the other half at the end of jan." So I was still optimistic about getting paid. He then told me his grandma had passed away. Again I told him I was sorry and gave him time for what he needed to do.

Ten days later I still hadn't received payment and inquired again. No response. I sent a second PM and again no response. Those two PM's were never even looked at even though he posted in this thread days after I sent him the first one. I also sent him a couple emails to his yahoo address and never got a reply.

With all the boardies that he failed to follow through with and how he went about it, makes me even wonder if his relative did indeed pass. I hate to think that way but it just makes me wonder if it wasn't an excuse he used to flake out and get out of these transactions. So add my name to the list of those who wish to see him added to the HOS.

Never heard of him... So, yeah, even if "all boardies should know better" it is still a good idea to out these hosers in the HoS, just in case a boardie like me just hasn't run across the discussions concerning these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...

Edited by Cimm

+1 for Goodash on the HOS.

I said I wouldnt post again, but, your comments, especially about the passing of a relative, my GRANDMOTHER as a excuse for the most part has me infuriated.

I sure you are all pissed at me as well. I get it. I understand it. Not looking for a boo hoo sympathy vote. I don't care what anyone thinks here. My life, MY REAL LIFE, not a comic board, has been shattered, destroyed, shredded by people I thought I could trust, people I loved and confided in.

When I made all of these agreements, no where in my foggiest did I imagine what has happened would. My grandma passed suddenly out of nowhere. I am now, with my dad, in the financial fight of our lives to retain the families 70 acres. This land, this place is my childhood. And, due to my grandmothers dementia, and evil people, her will, and living trust were minipulated in certain peoples favor.

I admit I was wrong, in how I handled things, I shut down COMPLETELY.

If I had a deal with you, and if you still would like me to purchase the book/books email me, and I will see what,if anything we can work out I am not on here ever. someone just let me know what was being said.

Again, I am sorry to everyone to how things went down the sh iter.

With all the boardies that he failed to follow through with and how he went about it, makes me even wonder if his relative did indeed pass. I hate to think that way but it just makes me wonder if it wasn't an excuse he used to flake out and get out of these transactions. So add my name to the list of those who wish to see him added to the HOS. Here you go.

I am now, with my dad, in the financial fight of our lives to retain the families 70 acres. This land, this place is my childhood. And, due to my grandmothers dementia, and evil people, her will, and living trust were minipulated in certain peoples favor.

The upside, is that the story could possibly be sold to

137814939_lifetime11_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

I think the problem with this is something I referenced earlier. By agreeing to let a PL person buy from you the deal hoses the boardie with the transaction that was never completed. Kind of an aiding and abetting thing in my mind.

For example...I :takeit:on $100 worth of stuff from Rupp. I fail to pay, get thrown on the PL and reside there for a few months. After the hubbub dies down, I quietly attempt to buy things by PM from folks. I think a seller that takes the funds knowing I am on the list is essentially taking funds that should rightfully go to the original seller (Rupp) that I failed to complete the transaction with. I had the ability to correct matters, but by selling to me while I am on the PL we allow the original issue to carry over :frustrated:

Biatch-azz Snake betta have my money ! :cool:

Here's a suggestion...

Since Arch/Mods pretty much have the power to put quotes up themselves (as the recent large font fiasco proved in RMA's post...

...well why can't when a boardie goes on either list, the Arch can't just put a big ole "HOS" or "PL" next to the boardies name or in a large font in their sig line.

That way, each and every time that boardie posts, his HOS or PL designation is easily seen. When they make right, the Arch just has to remove the 'brand" just like we would remove them from the HOS or PL list.

Seems easy to me hm

For example...I :takeit:on $100 worth of stuff from Rupp. I fail to pay, get thrown on the PL and reside there for a few months. After the hubbub dies down, I quietly attempt to buy things by PM from folks. I think a seller that takes the funds knowing I am on the list is essentially taking funds that should rightfully go to the original seller (Rupp) that I failed to complete the transaction with. I had the ability to correct matters, but by selling to me while I am on the PL we allow the original issue to carry over :frustrated:

Here's a suggestion...

Since Arch/Mods pretty much have the power to put quotes up themselves (as the recent large font fiasco proved in RMA's post...

...well why can't when a boardie goes on either list, the Arch can't just put a big ole "HOS" or "PL" next to the boardies name or in a large font in their sig line.

That way, each and every time that boardie posts, his HOS or PL designation is easily seen. When they make right, the Arch just has to remove the 'brand" just like we would remove them from the HOS or PL list.

Seems easy to me hm

And in the darkness...a light shines... ^^

Here's a suggestion...

Seems easy to me hm

+1,000,000,...

Here's a suggestion...

Seems easy to me hm

+1,000,000,...

Its been discussed and shot down by mods a few times already. They are not going to moderate buying and selling.

I will say again, as ive said in the past, that just seems crazy to me. I buy and sell on 3 non comic related forums and the sales forums are the most heavily moderated areas. On any of them, if you back out of a deal or dont send merch.... ban hammer with very little questions asked. Some of them (like Niketalk) are not easy to join.

I will say again, as ive said in the past, that just seems crazy to me. I buy and sell on 3 non comic related forums and the sales forums are the most heavily moderated areas. On any of them, if you back out of a deal or dont send merch.... ban hammer with very little questions asked. Some of them (like Niketalk) are not easy to join.

I was surprised with that as well when I joined here. I just assumed there was heavy mod attention in this area because of it involves sales.

Here's a suggestion...

Seems easy to me hm

+1,000,000,...

Its been discussed and shot down by mods a few times already. They are not going to moderate buying and selling.

I completely agree with this being a community and not a sales board, and standing by our community members who have been wronged. I read a ways back more and saw that the only way to be redeemed off the PL was to go through with the transaction/s that got you there in the first place. I thought you were just there permanantly or for a period of time and when i saw people saying how the people on the list should redeem themselves, i was wondering how they would do that if noone would sell to them.

As for the goodash fiasco, i dont think i really have a right to cast a vote, but i will offer my 2c. Im sorry to hear about your family problems, but instead of just shutting down and telling people to F off (not sure what was said or anything but people seem pretty mad) and just not coming here at all anymore, why not just tell people about your financial problems and try to set up time payments? There seems to be some really good people here and im sure some of these people would have no problem working with you, and im sure they would even talk with you about your personal problems and offer advice to get through your bad times. But, to each his own.

+1 for Goodash on the HOS.

I said I wouldnt post again, but, your comments, especially about the passing of a relative, my GRANDMOTHER as a excuse for the most part has me infuriated.

I sure you are all pissed at me as well. I get it. I understand it. Not looking for a boo hoo sympathy vote. I don't care what anyone thinks here. My life, MY REAL LIFE, not a comic board, has been shattered, destroyed, shredded by people I thought I could trust, people I loved and confided in.

When I made all of these agreements, no where in my foggiest did I imagine what has happened would. My grandma passed suddenly out of nowhere. I am now, with my dad, in the financial fight of our lives to retain the families 70 acres. This land, this place is my childhood. And, due to my grandmothers dementia, and evil people, her will, and living trust were minipulated in certain peoples favor.

I admit I was wrong, in how I handled things, I shut down COMPLETELY.

If I had a deal with you, and if you still would like me to purchase the book/books email me, and I will see what,if anything we can work out I am not on here ever. someone just let me know what was being said.

Again, I am sorry to everyone to how things went down the sh iter.

With all the boardies that he failed to follow through with and how he went about it, makes me even wonder if his relative did indeed pass. I hate to think that way but it just makes me wonder if it wasn't an excuse he used to flake out and get out of these transactions. So add my name to the list of those who wish to see him added to the HOS. Here you go.

This is tough man. If it's true, I'm sorry to hear it. And I got no reason to doubt you, other than the fact that we've gotten some doozy sob stories that fell apart under scrutiny before.

If I were you, and my life really started to fall apart, I don't think I'd be giving too much thought to outstanding comic book purchases. I hate to say it, but I doubt it'd feel very important. Nonetheless, when you did communicate with the people you owed money to, it probably would have been best just to come out and say "Things are right now, I'm sorry but I can't pay you." This would leave the other parties free to move ahead with any alternative plans, and get the obligations off your plate. If this gets you on the PL (and I'm not even sure it would, people here are pretty forgiving), then so be it. Compared to what else you're going through, what's the big deal?