• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

so campbelljh3 changed his board name to Soup1998 hm

he must really believe that people here won't catch on to his b.s. :eyeroll:

:facepalm:

and all the while trying to drum up support to his position in the walking dead 101 ghost variant thread in the modern section doh!

The pungent vinegary odor is still evident even with the name change. I can't remember why I put him on Ignore, but it has borne itself out.

That's funny because if he wanted to do a deal it would be NO SOUP FOR ME!!!

and all the while trying to drum up support to his position in the walking dead 101 ghost variant thread in the modern section doh!

The pungent vinegary odor is still evident even with the name change. I can't remember why I put him on Ignore, but it has borne itself out.

So what facts were not mentioned in the discussion in Moderns? Short version please.

So what facts were not mentioned in the discussion in Moderns? Short version please.

between what is here in the probation thread, and his failed WTB thread, the evidence points that he was caught in a few lies and should be on the probation list (thumbs u

between what is here in the probation thread, and his failed WTB thread, the evidence points that he was caught in a few lies and should be on the probation list (thumbs u

His current lie is "I wasn't even listing to sell the book, I was asking for a "please grade me" and then the person blind sided and asked what I would sell it for. I said I had to pay $675 for it and could not sell it for any less."

Quite a different story than what he really wrote, "If you decide you want for $675 let me know. I would have to charge $25 to ship it registered mail so I can insure and track it all the way to you."

And how does he get removed from the list?

perhaps with a sincere apology to Anfield, stating that he was wrong in ducking out on the sale. Then again, with the responses he's posted about the situation, he's pretty much SOL as a buyer or seller on these forums anyway. He showed his true colors in regards to his ethics and business practices, and a lot of people here won't forget how he responded to this situation.

perhaps with a sincere apology to Anfield, stating that he was wrong in ducking out on the sale. Then again, with the responses he's posted about the situation, he's pretty much SOL as a buyer or seller on these forums anyway. He showed his true colors in regards to his ethics and business practices, and a lot of people here won't forget how he responded to this situation.

Some people just don't realize that in a small, on-line community like this your reputation is everything, everything. And the official probation list is just the tip of the jerkberg, most of us have a list of people we won't deal with thanks to something they pulled in the past.

He should mail everyone on the forums $50. That would get him off the list. hm

lol

I haven't been involved in discussions lately but I believe anyone placed on the list has to be given a way to get off of it.

Who nominated him?

Anfield Fox nominated him. And depending on which version of the story campbellsoup is going with at the moment, he may or may not remember his name :eyeroll:

lol

I haven't been involved in discussions lately but I believe anyone placed on the list has to be given a way to get off of it.

Who nominated him?

There has always only been one way to get off the list, placate the aggrieved party.

lol

Who nominated him?

Well, the way I see it, there's two ways to get off of the list.

1) Sell him the book the way they agreed when the seller named his price and the buyer agreed. The seller says he no longer has the book, then again, he's said a lot of things.

2) Give the buyer the difference between the agreed upon price and what he sold it for if he actually did. The seller should not be allowed to profit over and above the deal he set with the buyer. That's incentive to renege on deals and breach agreements. They had a deal and the seller is entitled to no more than the agreed upon asking price. The cost of his mistake is to forfeit anything above that amount.

Apologies are nice. Giving up the green teaches people to do the right thing in the first place.

I've just gotten to the States yesterday so haven't had much time to spend on the boards and follow that but if he wants to make good then perhaps a cash donation to the charity thread would be the best way to get off the list. That way at least some good might come of this and he can begin to repair his reputation.

I don't want to throw anyone to the wolves but the lies he keeps telling even now in the modern thread really is upsetting. Thanks for all the support guys.

I've just gotten to the States yesterday so haven't had much time to spend on the boards and follow that but if he wants to make good then perhaps a cash donation to the charity thread would be the best way to get off the list. That way at least some good might come of this and he can begin to repair his reputation.

I don't want to throw anyone to the wolves but the lies he keeps telling even now in the modern thread really is upsetting. Thanks for all the support guys.

Very nice of you. If he's smart, he will follow through with this.

Some people just don't realize that in a small, on-line community like this your reputation is everything, everything. And the official probation list is just the tip of the jerkberg, most of us have a list of people we won't deal with thanks to something they pulled in the past.

Just wanted to quote Dave,as I don't think people realize how important trust and reputation is here. (tsk)