• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This all my be blown up out of scope. All hinges on what the buyer was expecting and what the seller actually did.

Sounds like a communication issue, not a shipping issue.

Agreed. The communication appears to be a straight up lie which is troubling. I have better success with comics in a priority envelope with extra cardboard than boxed. People seem to forget the comic can move around in the box.

No matter the costs involved, this is one approach to avoid for all of us

+1

Sellers, please stop shipping comics via media mail. Buyers, please stop buying comics from sellers who ship them media mail. It's explicitly against postal regulations, period.

And apparently stop stealing priority material to use as packaging.

Just a general question for everyone. On how high a pedestal are we placing comic book sellers? The way these discussions are going, it seems like you need to achieve sainthood in order to not get nitpicked to death. OMG, he shipped Media Mail!! OMG, he used a cut up priority box as packing material. :ohnoez: Off to the guillotine with them!! Meanwhile people still deal with liars and lunatics, but hey at least they are good comic book sellers so it's okay.

No matter the costs involved, this is one approach to avoid for all of us

+1

Sellers, please stop shipping comics via media mail. Buyers, please stop buying comics from sellers who ship them media mail. It's explicitly against postal regulations, period.

And apparently stop stealing priority material to use as packaging.

Just a general question for everyone. On how high a pedestal are we placing comic book sellers? The way these discussions are going, it seems like you need to achieve sainthood in order to not get nitpicked to death. OMG, he shipped Media Mail!! OMG, he used a cut up priority box as packing material. :ohnoez: Off to the guillotine with them!! Meanwhile people still deal with liars and lunatics, but hey at least they are good comic book sellers so it's okay.

lol

My comment was actually a joke. I find it funny that USPS would charge for priority if they discover the material being used as packaging. As for the pedestal that is why I questioned the OP in the 1st place. He got the book he wanted as stated and when I receive books as described I am :)

The last bits of the convo as he continues to dodge the question everyone is asking.

yep..4.00...prices range from 3.48-4.25...I pack in boxes with bubble wrap..

That is what you told me. Box with bubble wrap. You used free Priority Mail cardboard in an envelope with Media Mail. Where was the bubble wrap? Where was the box? If it got inspected I would have been hit with a $10-15 fine. So I think that makes you a liar.

You did me no favors. You had it for sale for $30 with 15% off, so I went in your thread and said I will take it. That is what you were selling it for, so it was not my cheap price.

I don't understand your defensive response. You are getting angry with me because I am asking why you sold something that you advertised differently. This isn't a good practice.

really, whats my shipping cost in my sales thread..read it, whats the discount on the comic..I didn't need a box, would have been too big for 1 comic..I found this mailer easier, as for inspection, never had one, as for lying..like I said..send it back get a refund..as for favors..go find one cheaper then..If it needed a box, would ship it in one..But either way would have still gone media mail..and yes I used the cardboard..oh my gosh...we're done..either return the comic, or a simple thank you..as for my defensive response, your calling me a liar, because I found a safer way to ship it..I am done with you...if you want to send it for a refund do so, the comic was in perfect shape..otherwise we're done..

You told me after you shipped it that you used a box and bubble wrap. Like it was on the way to me. How could you say that? I posted a screen shot of it in the probation discussion. You are just digging yourself deeper and deeper. Steady.

bye, I offered you a refund, you don't like it don't take it..

I ship more than 1 comic in a box usually, depending on the comics and if mailers are avail.., I sent that gorilla slab in a slab holder, your right, they didn't seem to work, so I stopped using em..I just lost out on a SA sale because he is worried I don't ship my slabs correctly. lol..I ship media for raw, would you like a bank statement, maybe a blood test..Oh yes, I should just offer comics, then sell em on the bay and never send em out..Probably switched to the mailer for the raw because it was a pristine raw, I like total immobility for raws that are singles..so yes, he must get his revenge, someone shipped it out in a different container, well I just paid the price I lost 150.00 sale in SA..I have the pm to show for it..so enjoy talking about this..I am done..as for the question its answered, so taco no pm's, talk to me in here..

Edited by KyleG40

I ship more than 1 comic in a box usually, depending on the comics and if mailers are avail.., I sent that gorilla slab in a slab holder, your right, they didn't seem to work, so I stopped using em..I just lost out on a SA sale because he is worried I don't ship my slabs correctly. lol..I ship media for raw, would you like a bank statement, maybe a blood test..Oh yes, I should just offer comics, then sell em on the bay and never send em out..Probably switched to the mailer for the raw because it was a pristine raw, I like total immobility for raws that are singles..so yes, he must get his revenge, someone shipped it out in a different container, well I just paid the price I lost 150.00 sale in SA..I have the pm to show for it..so enjoy talking about this..I am done

Dude, the ONLY issue is why you claimed you shipped in a box after you had shipped in a mailer. ONLY issue. That's it.

just because someone gets a tracking number, doesn't mean its gotten to go out yet..I just printed up 4 numbers for medium priority last night and gave the individuals their tracking..so someone is saying I said this after I had shipped it out, nope..I would never lie about how something is traveling, what would the point be..they are going to receive it and see..

I didn't..I hadn't shipped anything out yet..I get my postage ahead of time..What do you mean after I shipped something out I claimed it was in a box..No way, never..

HAH.

Weird the post office accepted it at 12:46 PM and departed at 5:54 PM and you told me it was in a box hours later at 9:02 PM.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=1&tLabels=9449009699938394994980

Edited by Taco

Wrong..I never told you yours was packed in a box..I stated and I quote I pack boxes with bubble wrap, etc..I would have no problem telling you how it was shipped..duh..I pay 3.23-4.98 I think for some of the media, a lot of it depends on weight..If you thought it was coming by box, sorry..If it was damaged, which it wasn't sorry..I can point many who have gotten boxes with bubble, and priority mail with bubble, and some mailers..so yea if you mistook it to mean that, it was not my intention, but the bigger question I would have, is how does it even matter? Again, the comic was undamaged, the postage prices are displayed in sales..not sure what your trying to do..I think I was answering your media mail question too when I mentioned boxes with bubble..I have a huge shipment going out, yes they will all be wrapped in a box..It just depends on the comic.

whouffle, since you're reading this thread, I'd be interested to hear in your own words why you keep changing your name?

8getn.jpg

no that moment was when I lost a sale due to this idiocy..Thats when I realized that I don't care..I ship comics as a lover of comics, in the best way I can. If i mess up, I try to make it right..Thats all I can do..If you don't like it, don't buy..I learned that slab shippers, don't work a lot of the time a while ago. so switched..I haven't had any issues with current shipping and if there is I rectify it..so thats all I can do

Wrong..I never told you yours was packed in a box..I stated and I quote I pack boxes with bubble wrap, etc..I would have no problem telling you how it was shipped..duh..I pay 3.23-4.98 I think for some of the media, a lot of it depends on weight..If you thought it was coming by box, sorry.

He asked you how his book was shipped and an explanation of the shipping cost to which you answer, stating, " I pack in boxes with bubble wrap " and you think it was a MISUNDERSTANDING that he then believed his was shipped in a box with bubble wrap?

He asked you a straight up question about his order from you. That deserved an answer specific to his item.

Did you think he was taking a general survey about the shipping practices of comic sellers?

He got the idea that his item was coming in a box from you, because that's what you told him when he asked about his item.

If it was damaged, which it wasn't sorry..

That sounded really heartfelt.

I just want to confirm that I have my scorecard up to date

don't bring up new threads about

- pressing

- first appearance of wolverine

- jim 83

- bryan singer and underage members (I think this is two separate topics, need to confirm)

- Hustruck

and now

- shipping do's and don'ts

- pressing

- jim 83

- bryan singer and underage members (I think this is two separate topics, need to confirm)

- Hustruck

and now

lol

- pressing

- jim 83

- Hustruck

and now

You may want to include a ban on putting "Singer" and "Underage Members" in the same sentence.