• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Isn't paying extra for boxed shipping and getting an envelope "not getting what you paid for?"

-slym

Not for me and certainly not at $1. If a seller wants to take a chance I hold them responsible for delivering the item to me as described. I would be more likely to block a buyer that is upset over $1 than I would be to block a seller who shipped me an item that was received as expected.

I see people make comments that they had a comic shipped in an envelope and make a stink. In the end if they're happy with the item then they're just being picky.

The argument isn't about the $1.00. It is about paying for a certain way of shipping and not getting it. To many people think like this. When you like that seller did you are playing Russian Roulette with their books. I don't care if 200 other books have made it fine. It is mine I am worried about and this type of mind set and shipping speaks great volumes about the seller. Like a big "AVOID" sign.

No, your question completely ignores important part of the situation.

And I do not expect the buyer is lying. I do expect the seller simply forgot or made a mistake since lying would be pointless. I was not questioning the buyer's story.

But remember there are a lot of board members that think forgetting something is scumbag behavior.

A refund for the MD1 was provided, however Symbiwhouffle never addressed why he listed the book on ebay after I had informed him that I was still interested in the book even though it had been accidentally graded.

you filed a paypal complaint without ever PM'ing me first, the MD1 was an oversight. i was under the impression that the $30 you requested to be refunded would be adequate restitution.

i do admit i intended to send you the MD1 9.6, but as we know that is worth double the value of the original $30 we agreed upon for the raw, not including shipping and slab costs. so that was my reasoning for putting it on ebay, while still paying you in full what you had requested I pay to make up for my mistake.

either way, its fine, you guys can keep me on the PL. i apologize to wolf pack for my behavior and to all those who supported me.

Edited by whouffle

A refund for the MD1 was provided, however Symbiwhouffle never addressed why he listed the book on ebay after I had informed him that I was still interested in the book even though it had been accidentally graded.

you filed a paypal complaint without ever PM'ing me first, the MD1 was an oversight. i was under the impression that the $30 you requested to be refunded would be adequate restitution.

i do admit i intended to send you the MD1 9.6, but as we know that is worth double the value of the original $30 we agreed upon for the raw, not including shipping and slab costs. so that was my reasoning for putting it on ebay, while still paying you in full what you had requested I pay to make up for my mistake.

either way, its fine, you guys can keep me on the PL. i apologize to wolf pack for my behavior and to all those who supported me.

This post about books that are now worth double brings us full circle to the last time you were in this position.

Again you show that you cannot honor a deal, you couldnt with me and now you cant with Wolfpack.

You PMd me asking for forgiveness and swearing that you had changed and would never be like this again, I forgave you and dropped it, well it didnt last long.

To say "you guys can keep me on the PL" is a disgrace, if you do not want to do everything within your power to get off this list, you should not bother trying to be part of this community, leave now and not come back.

Again this is your fault, you slabbed Wolfpacks book, you should send him his book, slabbed or otherwise.

SGT Fury, now worth double

Edited by Kevin.J

This post about books that are now worth double brings us full circle to the last time you were in this position.

Again you show that you cannot honor a deal, you couldnt with me and now you cant with Wolfpack.

You PMd me asking for forgiveness and swearing that you had changed and would never be like this again, I forgave you and dropped it, well it didnt last long.

To say "you guys can keep me on the PL" is a disgrace, if you do not want to do everything within your power to get off this list, you should not bother trying to be part of this community, leave now and not come back.

Again this is your fault, you slabbed Wolfpacks book, you should send him his book, slabbed or otherwise.

SGT Fury, now worth double

Agreed! Your business practices stink,honor your transactions.It wasn't wolfpacks fault that you slabbed the book he bought raw. (tsk)

Practices like this will not last long here,you should just go.

Someone posted evidence that suggests you are shilling your ebay auctions again. Is this the case?

And I do not expect the buyer is lying. I do expect the seller simply forgot or made a mistake since lying would be pointless. I was not questioning the buyer's story.

But remember there are a lot of board members that think forgetting something is scumbag behavior.

Careful. Your butthurt is showing

I personally love it when boardies deal with lunatics and liars simple because they pimp sweet sweet comics to them.

As long as you can grade okay, pack comics so they won't get damaged, and ship in a timely manner, why you just might be the best person in the world!! Cool books! Yay, cool books!

lol

If someone believes forgetting something is scumbag behavior they need to look in the mirror.

If you got the book you bought in the condition expected, I don't think the probation area is the place to discuss this topic. He has no way to 'make it right', as it is already right.

Not that the question isn't valid. It is. Maybe 'general sales discussion'?

(thumbs u Thank you. I was just looking for where to talk about it.

(thumbs u

In general if you receive the item as described then I consider it a good transaction. The seller may have mixed up which package he was discussing. If you got what you paid for be :)

It's short sightedness like this that causes problems. I know because I was bombarded with a bunch of people like this a couple months ago where you miss the point completely and make the the OP the villain.

What would you do if you went to a restaurant and you order a medium steak, baked potato, and salad, yet they bring you a well done steak, fries, and salad. You call the waiter over and make a complaint only for him to say that you got your steak, potato, and salad so, be happy.

The point here is that you didn't get what you ordered/paid for. If I contact a seller and they tell me that they box their comics with bubbled wrap and I buy based on this only to have it show up in an envelope I did get what I was paying for.

So many people think that comment, "at least you got your books" justifies everything done wrong in the transaction. Sellers should follow their own terms of service and made accountable when they don't.

Open your minds and put yourselves in the shoes of those who you are doing these things to. Customer service is the backbone in servicing customers.

Your example is completely out to lunch. The OP got what he purchased but it was not sent the way he desired. He still got the comic and was happy with it.

IF I ever sent a package and I had a buyer request $1 refund or complained about $1 difference in postage then I would block them instantly. Feel free to see the thread in general about a few similar buyers.

The OP is not a villain in any way. He paid that extra dollar and feels ripped. Complain at will. The short sightedness is looking beyond receiving the goods you wanted.

I would be much more upset if the seller boxed the book and it arrived damaged. Then who are you going to blame? If this comic had arrived damaged then the seller would owe me a full refund plus return shipping for not providing the proper packaging. As it is the item arrived and the buyer likes the item. This is not missing the point. Receiving what you paid for in the condition it was described IS the point.

If the OP feels it is worth their time they are free to ask for the $1 refund. (shrug)

lol

If someone believes forgetting something is scumbag behavior they need to look in the mirror.

Of course it's not horrible behaviour to forget something...What was your name ? ;)

However, when you are dealing with collectables and high grade ones, it's important to people that their items are treated with the care they expect. They care about the condition of the items, that's why they collect high grade stuff. I collect lower grade stuff and packing like that would bother me.

Did the seller apologize? or did he/she state that a lot of care (bubble wrap etc) was taken while they masked their true intention to make a few extra cents profit. I would never block the buyer in this incident. It's not their fault at all...but I'd be very unlikely to buy from the seller.

If you got the book you bought in the condition expected, I don't think the probation area is the place to discuss this topic. He has no way to 'make it right', as it is already right.

(thumbs u

In general if you receive the item as described then I consider it a good transaction. The seller may have mixed up which package he was discussing. If you got what you paid for be :)

It's short sightedness like this that causes problems. I know because I was bombarded with a bunch of people like this a couple months ago where you miss the point completely and make the the OP the villain.

What would you do if you went to a restaurant and you order a medium steak, baked potato, and salad, yet they bring you a well done steak, fries, and salad. You call the waiter over and make a complaint only for him to say that you got your steak, potato, and salad so, be happy.

The point here is that you didn't get what you ordered/paid for. If I contact a seller and they tell me that they box their comics with bubbled wrap and I buy based on this only to have it show up in an envelope I did get what I was paying for.

So many people think that comment, "at least you got your books" justifies everything done wrong in the transaction. Sellers should follow their own terms of service and made accountable when they don't.

Open your minds and put yourselves in the shoes of those who you are doing these things to. Customer service is the backbone in servicing customers.

Your example is completely out to lunch. The OP got what he purchased but it was not sent the way he desired. He still got the comic and was happy with it.

IF I ever sent a package and I had a buyer request $1 refund or complained about $1 difference in postage then I would block them instantly. Feel free to see the thread in general about a few similar buyers.

The OP is not a villain in any way. He paid that extra dollar and feels ripped. Complain at will. The short sightedness is looking beyond receiving the goods you wanted.

I would be much more upset if the seller boxed the book and it arrived damaged. Then who are you going to blame? If this comic had arrived damaged then the seller would owe me a full refund plus return shipping for not providing the proper packaging. As it is the item arrived and the buyer likes the item. This is not missing the point. Receiving what you paid for in the condition it was described IS the point.

If the OP feels it is worth their time they are free to ask for the $1 refund. (shrug)

It's still not about the $1. If I bought an Amazon Prime package (2 day delivery) and they send it Saver Shiping (5-8 days) I would be upset. I bought a package that was advertised as box and bubble wrap. It was Media Mail, envelope, and Priority Mail cardboard. If that was inspected I would have been hit with a $15.30 charge from USPS. Okay it didn't happen this time, but still.

I got the package yesterday and messaged this:

You pack in a box with bubble wrap?

That was Priority Mail cardboard in an envelope from Midtown Comics sent Media Mail.

What is the reasoning?

And I received this this morning:

That was a safe way for that one individual..it cost me 3.38 to ship..good lord..just enjoy your comic, not out to make money on shipping..my prices are listed and I stick to em..I ship medium priority and don't even charge what it costs..

And I said this now:

Paying online Media Mail is $2.92. Paying online First Class is $2.93. The package was 10 oz. I ship hundreds to thousands of packages a year. Media Mail get inspected and you use Priority Mail cardboard.

You told me you were shipping one way and shipped a completely different way. I don't know why you would lie like that.

Lesson learned. Never buying from him. I don't want to clog up the probation discussion thread.

Edited by Taco

Is $30 really worth alienating the community? Changing your name won't help, but settling an issue caused by your own carelessness would.

Paying online Media Mail is $2.92. Paying online First Class is $2.93. The package was 10 oz. I ship hundreds to thousands of packages a year. Media Mail get inspected and you use Priority Mail cardboard.

You told me you were shipping one way and shipped a completely different way. I don't know why you would lie like that.

No matter the costs involved, this is one approach to avoid for all of us though the USPS has really cracked down on Media Mail being used for comic shipments.

A reputable seller on here had a sale a while back loaded with many low-dollar books. For six books I purchased, I paid $4.50 for securely boxed shipping.

Unfortunately, he boxed them all in a reversed USPS Priority box, which led to a $11.93 charge from the post office for using this material in a Media Mail shipment. They didn't even care the package contained comics.

Is $30 really worth alienating the community? Changing your name won't help, but settling an issue caused by your own carelessness would.

This clown's reputation is beyond help, regardless of what he attempts to do to resolve this situation.

the MD1 was an oversight.

No, it was intentional.

i do admit i intended to send you the MD1 9.6,

No you didn't, you intended on getting it slabbed.

either way, its fine, you guys can keep me on the PL

It won't matter to me if you're on the list or off. I wouldn't deal with you in a million years. Have a good time around here in the future. You sir, are a real piece of work.

(thumbs u

It's still not about the $1. If I bought an Amazon Prime package (2 day delivery) and they send it Saver Shiping (5-8 days) I would be upset. I bought a package that was advertised as box and bubble wrap. It was Media Mail, envelope, and Priority Mail cardboard. If that was inspected I would have been hit with a $15.30 charge from USPS. Okay it didn't happen this time, but still.

I got the package yesterday and messaged this:

You pack in a box with bubble wrap?

That was Priority Mail cardboard in an envelope from Midtown Comics sent Media Mail.

What is the reasoning?

And I received this this morning:

That was a safe way for that one individual..it cost me 3.38 to ship..good lord..just enjoy your comic, not out to make money on shipping..my prices are listed and I stick to em..I ship medium priority and don't even charge what it costs..

And I said this now:

Lesson learned. Never buying from him. I don't want to clog up the probation discussion thread.

You're not clogging anything. This is relevant to possible future probation discussions.

If you had been charged the fee you describe then I would expect the seller to pay for it and would also consider it probation worthy if he did not.

I would be interested in his reply to your last message. And just to be clear the seller is acting like a .

You're going to love his response then.

not for me..my prices range from 3.13 to 4.92 on media..and 11.39-11.99 on priority..what are you talking about..

I didn't respond because it was a 3 minute gap and I didn't even see it.

send it back...will send out the refund from paypal..your an insufficiently_thoughtful_person..My prices are shown, are you looking for things to off people, you tried in the revival thread..I don't need your cheap price on the asm I sold you, I did you a favor..I don't inflate my prices on my shipping or comics..Don't ever call me a liar, thats not true nor has it ever been true..So yea return it, I will paypal the money back to you. Give a cut rate price, and you complain about the shipping charge..wow..get a life

Edit: The revival thread comment is when he brought Revival from a few pages back on the Modern section saying that he knew there was going to be a TV show. And then he posted a sales thread for a full run CGC 9.8 minutes later. A lot of members called him out for manipulating.

Edited by Taco