• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If you got the book you bought in the condition expected, I don't think the probation area is the place to discuss this topic. He has no way to 'make it right', as it is already right.

Not that the question isn't valid. It is. Maybe 'general sales discussion'?

(thumbs u Thank you. I was just looking for where to talk about it.

(thumbs u

In general if you receive the item as described then I consider it a good transaction. The seller may have mixed up which package he was discussing. If you got what you paid for be :)

Isn't paying extra for boxed shipping and getting an envelope "not getting what you paid for?"

-slym

Not for me and certainly not at $1. If a seller wants to take a chance I hold them responsible for delivering the item to me as described. I would be more likely to block a buyer that is upset over $1 than I would be to block a seller who shipped me an item that was received as expected.

I see people make comments that they had a comic shipped in an envelope and make a stink. In the end if they're happy with the item then they're just being picky.

"Venom" has made things right with me. Currently Under a different name and tried to reach out to me but when I was trying to reply I click remove from topic so he didn't get my response. doh! (was on my iphone and fat fingers)

I believe name is Fredirck Dean so if you see this send me another pm please. Anyways he has made full restitution with me. Thank you.... but I believe there were several others around that time frame that needed restitution. I think this was like 3-4 months ago???

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

Taco, has Venom resolved the situation with you? There was discussion he was trying to make things right with you and 1p36DSA. I guess you were the last one to nominate him? hm

HERE is your nomination.

Ah chance of a HOS poll? hm

Isn't paying extra for boxed shipping and getting an envelope "not getting what you paid for?"

Not for me and certainly not at $1. If a seller wants to take a chance I hold them responsible for delivering the item to me as described. I would be more likely to block a buyer that is upset over $1 than I would be to block a seller who shipped me an item that was received as expected.

hm - poll added in the General Discussion area. Also, this person has said already they are not upset over the amount. It's the principle.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

"Venom" has made things right with me. Currently Under a different name and tried to reach out to me but when I was trying to reply I click remove from topic so he didn't get my response. doh! (was on my iphone and fat fingers)

I believe name is Fredirck Dean so if you see this send me another pm please. Anyways he has made full restitution with me. Thank you.... but I believe there were several others around that time frame that needed restitution. I think this was like 3-4 months ago???

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

Taco, has Venom resolved the situation with you? There was discussion he was trying to make things right with you and 1p36DSA. I guess you were the last one to nominate him? hm

HERE is your nomination.

I replied back to him and whoever else contacted me about it last week. We cleared everything up because he was honest enough to contact me under his new name instead of just dodging it. Hopefully he doesn't have to get out of comics immediately again without contacting people he's in deals with.

hm - poll added in the General Discussion area. Also, this person has said already they are not upset over the amount. It's the principle.

-slym

Uh huh

Or simply the need to complain about something. Why would a seller lie about shipping in a box? When the item shows up are they going to claim USPS stole their box?

No, your question completely ignores important part of the situation.

And I do not expect the buyer is lying. I do expect the seller simply forgot or made a mistake since lying would be pointless. I was not questioning the buyer's story.

I never meant to imply in any way that you were lying.

I would guess the seller mixed up his packages when he responded to you. I say that because the seller would have to be very silly to think you wouldn't notice.

I'd like to know more about the "Melissa" tab on the spreadsheet and the Grove St party

My girlfriend flipped comic books with me for a month, made like $250 and blew it all on Game of Thrones pop toys.

I can't be blamed for Grove St. Party. I just bought a new computer and it keeps coming back from being on iCloud hah.

If you got the book you bought in the condition expected, I don't think the probation area is the place to discuss this topic. He has no way to 'make it right', as it is already right.

Not that the question isn't valid. It is. Maybe 'general sales discussion'?

(thumbs u Thank you. I was just looking for where to talk about it.

(thumbs u

In general if you receive the item as described then I consider it a good transaction. The seller may have mixed up which package he was discussing. If you got what you paid for be :)

It's short sightedness like this that causes problems. I know because I was bombarded with a bunch of people like this a couple months ago where you miss the point completely and make the the OP the villain.

What would you do if you went to a restaurant and you order a medium steak, baked potato, and salad, yet they bring you a well done steak, fries, and salad. You call the waiter over and make a complaint only for him to say that you got your steak, potato, and salad so, be happy.

The point here is that you didn't get what you ordered/paid for. If I contact a seller and they tell me that they box their comics with bubbled wrap and I buy based on this only to have it show up in an envelope I did get what I was paying for.

So many people think that comment, "at least you got your books" justifies everything done wrong in the transaction. Sellers should follow their own terms of service and made accountable when they don't.

Open your minds and put yourselves in the shoes of those who you are doing these things to. Customer service is the backbone in servicing customers.