• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Sounds like Kramerica. Sometimes he's selling on consignment so the books aren't in hand. Once the sales are made, he'll retrieve the books and then try to ship all at once. I've bought from him several times, and I just know that when buying from him, the books usually take a while. But you will get them, at good prices, and fairly graded.

It sounds like several sellers and Kramerica also ships slow. My understanding is he has transportation issues and I am patient with a seller if they communicate sshipping times with me so I know what to expect.

I usually ship within one week of being paid (most of the time the next day) but that's just me.

I do think people should ship immediately after payment but some have circumstances that prevent that

Same thing with pictures...if you don't have time to take a picture, start the sales thread when you DO.

I so much agree with this statement. It seems like the latest trend is to list books without the pics. I don't like it. I don't like :takeit: Pending scans. If I knew how to lobby to get pics to be a requirement for selling, I would do it.

Edited by bomber-bob

I never understand why sellers wait weeks to ship. Sellers should ship when payment is made, not weeks afterwards. A few days is understandable, but unless the seller was communicating with the buyer and there was an agreement to wait, the first incident should trigger something.

I hope the seller is OK, but they should at least offer a refund, the buyer can pay them again when the seller can ship.

Except in cases of emergency (and the seller should explain that if there is one) this should be SOP.

The 30 day trigger for the PL, was never meant to indicate that it's OK to wait to ship.

Unfortunately we have LONG time sellers who take advantage and we have some very nice buyers who just say "OK" because they don't want to look like a bad person.

There are many sellers here that state upfront in their sales threads that they will not be able to ship for several weeks. I always wonder: Why not wait to start the sales thread then?

Same thing with pictures...if you don't have time to take a picture, start the sales thread when you DO.

Sales should be a joint project, you and the buyer...not just you as the seller.

I may have a lot of feedback on eBay and here, but my main focus was always shopping, lol. I don't claim to be an expert on much, but I'm an expert at shopping;)

sharon making some good points here. ship when paid, start a thread when you've got pics (if you're using them). i'll add: invoice promptly.

I never understand why sellers wait weeks to ship. Sellers should ship when payment is made, not weeks afterwards. A few days is understandable, but unless the seller was communicating with the buyer and there was an agreement to wait, the first incident should trigger something.

I hope the seller is OK, but they should at least offer a refund, the buyer can pay them again when the seller can ship.

Except in cases of emergency (and the seller should explain that if there is one) this should be SOP.

The 30 day trigger for the PL, was never meant to indicate that it's OK to wait to ship.

Unfortunately we have LONG time sellers who take advantage and we have some very nice buyers who just say "OK" because they don't want to look like a bad person.

Well, of course, the key reason that sellers feel they can get away with sloppy service is that there is no feedback thread where their poor service would be made public.

It's evident we ain't gettin' no fb thread, but what about people using the General Discussion thread to air problems that aren't PL worthy? Something along the lines of: "I paid seller X the day he sent me an invoice but he didn't ship for three weeks." or "Seller X shipped the book with no protection in a manilla envelope, but by some miracle it arrived undamaged."

I have a suspicion I know what the response to this proposal will be. :D

Yea. I've had NOTHING but great service from Mark ( Kramerica )

Same here. He comes through on his transactions every time, and backs up his grading.

Like was stated, Jeff was trying to keep this scenario as an example. Not a seller named complaint.

Same here. He comes through on his transactions every time, and backs up his grading.

Like was stated, Jeff was trying to keep this scenario as an example. Not a seller named complaint.

As he has been name dropped, I just want to back up This Spiffingly great comic seller also, one of the first boardies I bought from, I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him aytime, he provides a great service all round.

Edited by Kevin.J

Yea. I've had NOTHING but great service from "sexy comic seller"

As he has been name dropped, I just want to back up "sexy comic seller" also, one of the first boardies I bought from, I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him aytime, he provides a great service all round.

Going to have to chime in and say that ANYTIME I have purchased or dealt with "sexy comic seller"... it was a fantastic transaction. I love him :luhv:

Edited by Bio-Rupp

Only because his name was dropped but..

I echo what has been said about Mark (Kramerica), always had good dealings with him. I will say his shipping was a bit slow but I don't mind giving some slack to those boardies who have huge sales threads.

It's a ton of work to have one of those and takes a ton of time. (thumbs u

I think common sense would would dictate that once a seller sends out an invoice there is a clock for the seller to send out the books once receiving payment. Quick payments deserve quick shipments (slower payments deserve quick shipments as well).

Don't mean to quote myself but seeing as someones name has been dropped I just want to be clear that I was just adding my 2c to what Sharon had said about SOPs. I have nothing but good things to say about the said boardie as I am sure many others do as well. Is it not possible for some of the posters to go back and edit the name out of their posts. Names should not enter here unless there is a legitimate gripe.

Sounds like Xxxxxxx. Sometimes he's selling on consignment so the books aren't in hand. Once the sales are made, he'll retrieve the books and then try to ship all at once. I've bought from him several times, and I just know that when buying from him, the books usually take a while. But you will get them, at good prices, and fairly graded.

I'll gladly edit mine when this one is gone. This is what stared the BS.

I started the discussion as this is a discussion thread. No names mentioned, not saying this was even an actual event as it could be merely hypothetical, and not even saying it has happened to me.

I have yet to have any problems with any board dealing and I have bought and sold lots here.

It amazes me how far assumptions can go. Please edit to remove any board member names or delete the assumptive posts.

And thanks all for replying to my curiosity. :foryou:

Yea. I've had NOTHING but great service from "sexy comic seller"

As he has been name dropped, I just want to back up "sexy comic seller" also, one of the first boardies I bought from, I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him aytime, he provides a great service all round.

Going to have to chime in and say that ANYTIME I have purchased or dealt with "sexy comic seller"... it was a fantastic transaction. I love him :luhv:

Also had great dealings.he's still NOT GETTING MY PRECODES! Even made friends enough to have something like that to say.

I also want to add that Mark (Kramerica) is an excellent board member and seller.

As I posted, he may have slow shipping but I'm okay with Mark. He communicates exactly what is happening and always comes through.