• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

so why did Taco bring this up?

The items arrived in described condition.

Do you want a postage refund or to return the books?

Are you trying to put Kyle on the probation list?

I think this makes both parties look bad.

Seriously. Im curious as to how much taco actually paid for shipping.

The cost was not the issue. It was about a buyer asking in advance how a seller packages their books for shipment - being told boxed - and then envelope packaging arrives.

I dont think thats true.

In the pm posted, it looks to me like he bought, paid, got a tracking number and says "I paid that much for media mail shipping?" An immediate complaint.

Then later the complaint becomes not the cost, but a conflict in how it was packaged. Nevermind the comic showed up undamaged in a timely manner, apparently for a lower cost then fmv.

I dont know why kyle told him it was in a box with bubble wrap but ive made a similar mistake cutting and pasting replies to multiple people. Kyle didnt exactly handle the fallout properly (far from), but there was no reason for any of it. Bad blood maybe?

The dog pile might be on kyle but i wouldnt sell taco a packet of fire sauce.

I officially owe you a meal. (thumbs u

The manager at my post office casually asked me one day what it was that i ship so often. When i told her it was mostly comics, she asked me why i wasnt using media mail.

see thats not correct..I ship slab priority medium, received a lot from here not even in priority..I ship raws, depending on how many various ways..The damaged comics, are usually slabs in priority medium boxes, so that argument makes no sense..get all your facts before you accuse anyone..That would be a new thing lately though..people getting all the facts, before accusations fly here..

You're going to love his response then.

not for me..my prices range from 3.13 to 4.92 on media..and 11.39-11.99 on priority..what are you talking about..

I didn't respond because it was a 3 minute gap and I didn't even see it.

send it back...will send out the refund from paypal..your an insufficiently_thoughtful_person..My prices are shown, are you looking for things to off people, you tried in the revival thread..I don't need your cheap price on the asm I sold you, I did you a favor..I don't inflate my prices on my shipping or comics..Don't ever call me a liar, thats not true nor has it ever been true..So yea return it, I will paypal the money back to you. Give a cut rate price, and you complain about the shipping charge..wow..get a life

Edit: The revival thread comment is when he brought Revival from a few pages back on the Modern section saying that he knew there was going to be a TV show. And then he posted a sales thread for a full run CGC 9.8 minutes later. A lot of members called him out for manipulating.

I've avoided him since I received the very poorly packed and damaged slab. I have also noticed how he tends to get very butthurt and play the victim when questioned about anything here or on other forums.

With that said, it looks as if he has had some successful and smooth transactions since our deal. So, caveat emptor for all that enter his sales threads...

Did you get refunded? or not? If so, what would be the complaint then?

I mentioned that I did get refunded and it went smoothly. With that said, this is not a priority medium box

1079153.jpg

Slabs need to be place between two cardboard pieces, taped in place (two opposite sides are good enough), then surrounded by bubble wrap and that taped in place. Then place that in a 1092 priority box and use peanuts to fill up the empty space. Then place that inside a 1095 box with some more peanuts or rolled paper to fill the small space.

Double box or gtfo.

:sumo:

We need to get Dr. Balls to make a video on how to pack your books. I swear to god when I got my package from him I was 100% convinced it could stop a bullet with no damage to the book.

There are a few of us who package 110%. :sumo:

so why did Taco bring this up?

The items arrived in described condition.

Do you want a postage refund or to return the books?

Are you trying to put Kyle on the probation list?

I think this makes both parties look bad.

Seriously. Im curious as to how much taco actually paid for shipping.

The cost was not the issue. It was about a buyer asking in advance how a seller packages their books for shipment - being told boxed - and then envelope packaging arrives.

I dont think thats true.

In the pm posted, it looks to me like he bought, paid, got a tracking number and says "I paid that much for media mail shipping?" An immediate complaint.

Then later the complaint becomes not the cost, but a conflict in how it was packaged. Nevermind the comic showed up undamaged in a timely manner, apparently for a lower cost then fmv.

I dont know why kyle told him it was in a box with bubble wrap but ive made a similar mistake cutting and pasting replies to multiple people. Kyle didnt exactly handle the fallout properly (far from), but there was no reason for any of it. Bad blood maybe?

The dog pile might be on kyle but i wouldnt sell taco a packet of fire sauce.

I officially owe you a meal. (thumbs u

Its official. :banana:

But please post all the details of the meal now. Just so that if all goes well, i will still have something to complain about.

Never send anything good Media mail!!!!

Media Mail is the red headed step child of the Postal service.

It's is always pushed to the back of the line and is subjected to the longest delays and roughest handling.

My experience over the last 20 some years with the USPS:>

Registered Mail: About 40 packages sent - 0 problems. 0% fail rate

Express (over-nite/rarely use): 3-4 times - 0 problems 0% fail rate

Priority Mail: probably over 2000 sent (hell maybe 3000 lol ) - 0 problems 0% fail rate

Media Mail: About 50 times used (mostly the early eBay days (1997-2003) when buyers requested it: 3 problems 1 almost lost but found after filing claim - 1 lost - 1 returned to me destroyed/contents lost. 6% fail rate

I shipped a box today First Class. 12 oz. $3.29. I haven't bought boxes in 6+ months because I just recycle now, but I think they were about 85-90 cents each.

The complaint didn't start off as being a complaint about the shipping charge. It was purchased being told one thing, but receiving something different and then the responses from Kyle didn't help at all. I don't think I went about it the wrong way because I kept him anonymous as long as I could.

Hey Tommy

What's Venom's new ID?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7646426#Post7646426

Thanks in advance

I actually removed myself from the topic last week. I cleared out my inbox. Sorry!

That's weak.

You released him from the PL while he was deceiving others here creating a shill account, selling here under another name while he was on the PL.

I think that HOS worthy, I've seen people get on the HOS for less. Not you Tommy boy, but Venom should get a HOS vote for deception of the board.

Any shill accounts of questionable sellers get outed yet ??

:whistle:

It will get swept under the rug as long as the shill-seller can pimp sweet, cool books.

:cloud9:

Just curious for those that double box an item, those double box is obviously priority boxes, so if the post office really inspect the package and find out that you use an extra priority box for the shipping, do they charge you double the cost, just like media mail using priority box cut out?

I shipped a box today First Class. 12 oz. $3.29. I haven't bought boxes in 6+ months because I just recycle now, but I think they were about 85-90 cents each.

The complaint didn't start off as being a complaint about the shipping charge. It was purchased being told one thing, but receiving something different and then the responses from Kyle didn't help at all. I don't think I went about it the wrong way because I kept him anonymous as long as I could.

Hey Tommy

What's Venom's new ID?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7646426#Post7646426

Thanks in advance

I actually removed myself from the topic last week. I cleared out my inbox. Sorry!

That's weak.

You released him from the PL while he was deceiving others here creating a shill account, selling here under another name while he was on the PL.

I think that HOS worthy, I've seen people get on the HOS for less. Not you Tommy boy, but Venom should get a HOS vote for deception of the board.

I don't think he's using a new username as a shill. I think he's having login problems and his username isn't recognized nor his email he used to log in with in the last. I believe he has contacted Arch / the mods. (shrug)

Just curious for those that double box an item, those double box is obviously priority boxes, so if the post office really inspect the package and find out that you use an extra priority box for the shipping, do they charge you double the cost, just like media mail using priority box cut out?

No extra charge.

The manager at my post office casually asked me one day what it was that i ship so often. When i told her it was mostly comics, she asked me why i wasnt using media mail.

giphy.gif

1092s are generally the standard ones at your local PO.

You'll have to order the slightly larger 1095s from the site (free) and they'll ship them to your house (free).

I'm often amazed at what the USPS counter staff don't know about the USPS. Next time she asks that, refer her to the following URL (in particular, the bit just under the graphics that says "Comic books do not meet this standard") : http://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

MediaMail_zpsf54d2bb7.jpg

Edited by edowens71

Hey Tommy

What's Venom's new ID?

Thanks in advance

That's weak.

I don't think he's using a new username as a shill. I think he's having login problems and his username isn't recognized nor his email he used to log in with in the last. I believe he has contacted Arch / the mods. (shrug)

Why don't you continue your investigation and then we'll all know (if he sold while on the PL) once the other ID is disclosed by you, tommy or ipdr2d2

If he did, then we vote. Simple. Whether those who knew what he was doing share blame is something we can all decide for ourselves.

No extra charge.

(thumbs u

I am a little worry that my double box shipments will be inspected by the post office and they will charge the receiver for extra fee. Good to know.

Also regarding the double box, I found that the Regional box A is best for me as an inner box, it fit perfectly at top and bottom of a slab, hold it tightly without moving the slab inside, then peanut in the middle or just plain bubble wrap the side of the slab then place in some other priority box for outside protection, would that work for all? or everyone mainly prefer the 1092 inside the 1095? ty

Hey Tommy

What's Venom's new ID?

Thanks in advance

That's weak.

Why don't you continue your investigation and then we'll all know (if he sold while on the PL) once the other ID is disclosed by you, tommy or ipdr2d2

If he did, then we vote. Simple. Whether those who knew what he was doing share blame is something we can all decide for ourselves.

He told me last week that he needed to step away from comics, so he just logged off. This was whenever the DC 3D covers came out.

Now he doesn't remember his password, so he started a new account. That's what he told me. And his post count wasn't very high at all. It might have actually been 0 still.

Edited by Taco

Is there 25 new pages of packaging discussion here? Someone should make a How to pack your books for shipping thread. Oh wait.... Boozad did. It's sticky at the top of comics general.

worth remembering that the local manager is not the one doing the inspection, so what they say doesnt really matter. its what the inspector thinks...

worth remembering that the local manager is not the one doing the inspection, so what they say doesnt really matter. its what the inspector thinks...

The way I understand it, the local boys are the ones doing the Media Mail inspections now. When the last rate change went into effect. There were a few changes that took place.

Now you have to answer if something is hazardous for each item you ship on the touch screen.

Also the clerk will get a notice to open Media Mail packages right there while you are still standing there. It is random and just pops up on their screen.

That is what my Postmaster told me, and that is how they now flag media mail packages for fraud.

Edited by faster friends