• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

After seeing his message, I immediately asked him to contact me asap so we could sort it out but, I haven't received a response yet and the message has been read.

Did you start a new PM, or use the old PM thread?

The issue stems from an issue in the OKC Tornado charity thread. Tibex82 posted a book for sale for $10 plus $10.66 for shipping. rayjay sent the money to the charity and also to rayjay77 for shipping. My suggestion would be to wait 3 days to see if the poster responds and works with him to get him off. If after 3 days he hasn't tibex82 should donate $21 to the Red Cross and that would be good enough to come off the PL. Thoughts from others?

I would never force anyone to give money away as a way to get off of a list. However, I completely agree that if on his own accord, he donated money (and screen captured it or something) to the Red Cross that would show he fixed it the best way he possibly could.

I agree with you CAhokie, I don't think a person should be able to buy indulgences. The preferred way for him to get off the list is to make things right with the buyer, however if there is no way to do that given the buyer having left the boards, then I think it is a good option, as it is fitting the theme of the sales thread and the amount I suggested is the price paid for the book + the cost of shipping :)

I agree with you CAhokie, I don't think a person should be able to buy indulgences. The preferred way for him to get off the list is to make things right with the buyer, however if there is no way to do that given the buyer having left the boards, then I think it is a good option, as it is fitting the theme of the sales thread and the amount I suggested is the price paid for the book + the cost of shipping :)

(thumbs u

Yes, rayjay77 was the nominating party and it was indeed the OKC Tornado charity thread. To contact him, I used the existing thread so he would know who I was and why i was contacting him. This was 6 days ago and I still haven't received a reply. I would prefer that the buyer received just compensation but, if that is unable to happen, I would gladly donate to a charitable cause in lieu of that. I contributed many books to various charity threads and I was happy to do so and I would gladly make a donation to a deserving organization if need be. Thank You all for your input. - Joel

Yeah, send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

If its possible to make it happen this is the best way. My only reservation about donations to charity is what happens if rayjay comes back looking for his refund. 2c

If its possible to make it happen this is the best way. My only reservation about donations to charity is what happens if rayjay comes back looking for his refund. 2c

If $20.66 is going to keep anyone from clearing their name after a screw up, shame on them.

If $20.66 is going to keep anyone from clearing their name after a screw up, shame on them.

I've held a grudge over less :P

Point taken. It shouldn't be an issue in this case. I'm just thinking it shows out the limitations of the charity option, which is really only suitable for small sums. I'm guessing if this was about a $500 refund it would be more complicated.

Who ever gave that phone number to help you clear your name certainly is a stand up guy.

Indeed he is and many thanks to him but, still no reply. Can somebody make the definitive call on what I should do here? Thanks