• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Update:

The second package arrived. As expected, the user paid just $29,70 http://postimg.org/image/aqznf1yc5/

The books were perfect luckily.

I paid $39 and he told me he had paid ( lying) $35, taking $4 for the box and bubble wrap. Also, the box was an used one which was used by a comic store to send some comics to him.

Now I should receive a $24 refund for the first shipping and $9,30 refund for the second one. The total refund should be $33,30, but I'm sure the seller won't send me those money back, unluckily... Thanks for putting him in the PL list, at least he won't fool people again.

However, I remember I wrote on PayPal that the items should have been sent via priority when I sent the money. Should I open a PayPal case hoping for a $10 refund at least?

I agree. (thumbs u

Just don't do business with the seller in the future. You got him on the PL. (shrug)

+1

It would most likely be difficult to get a paypal case decided for you because of shipping charges, I would imagine.

He's on the PL and a lot of potential buyers are now wary of dealing with him.

Personally, I would still open the case. Bottom line is that you got skimmed for some money that belongs to you. It would not be wrong to attempt to get it back.

Personally, I would still open the case. Bottom line is that you got skimmed for some money that belongs to you. It would not be wrong to attempt to get it back.

While I would want my money back too, my main question is would Paypal refund for being overcharged on shipping? It seems like something that would be difficult to really prove :shrug:

Of course. Not wrong. The word is petty or the phrase can't see the forest fore the trees. Received comics as described for the agreed upon price. I would take that.

Nice. So just to clarify your position, if you paid priority and recieved your order medial mail would that be ok? Assuming of course they arrived safely because that is the only factor that is relevant.

Nice. So just to clarify your position, if you paid priority and recieved your order medial mail would that be ok? Assuming of course they arrived safely because that is the only factor that is relevant.

I would raise the concern with the seller and maybe publicly, but I don't think I'd nominate for the probation list.

Yes. The final cost and quality are my primary concerns.

Ridiculous.

Agreed. Counting pennies and ignoring receiving what you paid for. Ridiculous.

I would raise the concern with the seller and maybe publicly, but I don't think I'd nominate for the probation list.

^^

That ship has sailed. This is the new and improved PL; "you nominate em, we add em."

That ship has sailed. This is the new and improved PL; "you nominate em, we add em."

hm Weren't you one of the first to say it was worthy of a PL nomination? lol

There is way too much debate here. If the buyer is overcharged on shipping, whether or not it was sent first class or priority, he should get a refund. Plain and simple.

What was the shipping quote and what was the shipping cost? If there is more than a few dollars discrepancy the seller should refund the difference.

Agreed. But if he doesn't - Probation List? (shrug)

Why not?

If people are placed on the list for not completing a transaction, when there is no real loss, then why would someone who overcharges and actually causes a real loss not be a candidate?

The nominator needs to re-post his first image where the seller indicated that he'd gotten a quote of $50 for priority, insurance :blahblah:

I had linked to it in a spoiler the other day but it's gone. That's the only smoking gun here where the service & cost were linked.

The nominator needs to re-post his first image where the seller indicated that he'd gotten a quote of $50 for priority, insurance :blahblah:

I had linked to it in a spoiler the other day but it's gone. That's the only smoking gun here where the service & cost were linked.

All of this was discussed before the seller was added. Everybody said they needed proof/screenshots of the e-mails, the buyer provided, and the seller got added to the list. This isn't going to start another jawn/oceanavekid situation is it?

http://postimg.org/image/4lxko4cnp/