• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I agree with Revat.

Gatchaman, I get the point but I guess people take things differently and isn't like myself where if the seller doesn't response to my questions I wouldn't care and just move on rather than sulk about it. This is a web forum, not a blog or a diary...lol

seriously, the probation list isn't yelp.

Not that we couldn't use Yelp-type feedback ....

I would actually prefer this.. just would be nicer, quicker and make more sense to have all reviews (good and bad) on a buyer/seller in one spot.. separating the good and bad reviews seems counter-productive to me.. /shrug

It's been discussed with Arch and the mods. No negative feedback in the Kudos section. :sorry:

Dumb :makepoint:

So there's no place to put honest feedback that aren't kudos' but not probation list worthy? Things that other potential buyers should look out for... Such as.. I dunno just an example.... receiving a book that is slightly off the advertised grade..

Just asking :)

v49f0y.gif

You can always discuss in the General Discussion thread though if you have an issue that doesn't rise to the level of a Probation List nomination. (shrug) I'd always try to work out an issue via PM first though.

It's been discussed with Arch and the mods. No negative feedback in the Kudos section. :sorry:

So there's no place to put honest feedback that aren't kudos' but not probation list worthy? Things that other potential buyers should look out for... Such as.. I dunno just an example.... receiving a book that is slightly off the advertised grade..

One thing that discourages this kind of feedback is that much of it will be subjective and argumentative, neither grading nor packaging nor wait times are absolutes.

Even in PL discussions there have been numerous cases where no clear consensus is reached on the degree of fault.

The danger therefore is that such a "mixed" feedback thread would deteriorate quickly into mud slinging. 2c

One thing that discourages this kind of feedback is that much of it will be subjective and argumentative, neither grading nor packaging nor wait times are absolutes.

Even in PL discussions there have been numerous cases where no clear consensus is reached on the degree of fault.

The danger therefore is that such a "mixed" feedback thread would deteriorate quickly into mud slinging. 2c

Yeah, I think that's it. Look at what we see in other threads and how people argue. It would just get ugly.

Yeah, I think that's it. Look at what we see in other threads and how people argue. It would just get ugly.

Impossible to make work I think. It would get ugly quick. Really, unless you ask for feedback from every buyer you will never know anyway. I think its great when a buyer asks to leave me good feedback, but I don't require it.

As grade conscious as some buyers are on here I cant imagine the headaches this might cause.

Ive had great long time sellers on here make mistakes on my order/s many years ago. Its not the rare mistake they made that makes them a good seller. Its how they handled the mistake that gets them repeat business.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I have an issue that for the time being I will keep anonymous..but I would like some outside opinions on.

I'm new to the board and I still have a lot to learn. Honestly, I'm pretty new to comic collecting in general. It always interested me, but just recently have I had the time and money to pursue it.

What happened to me in a nutshell is..I bought books from a user here on the boards..who offered them to me at a premium before they had even been shipped to him.

I purchased 3 books from a user here on the boards for a total sum of $500. He said "give me your address..I'm packing your books now." and even before I sent the payment said "Could you send payment as soon as you can. I kinda need to pay for some purchases" I sent the payment on Sunday. After the fact..he tells me cannot ship them until Wednesday (tomorrow). After a bit of inquiring I find out he doesn't actually have the books yet. All in all, just feels like a shady and dangerous way to conduct business here on the forums.

Did it say in the thread or was there ANY indication that the books were on their way back from CGC? (shrug)

Seems a bit disingenuous if he said "give me your address..I'm packing your books now" before he had the books. hm

Did it say in the thread or was there ANY indication that the books were on their way back from CGC? (shrug)

Seems a bit disingenuous if he said "give me your address..I'm packing your books now" before he had the books. hm

Why can't we have a hard & fast rule that books must BE IN HAND before being posted for sale.

Is that really a difficult concept to grasp? Good grief that's friggin annoying. :censored:

I have an issue that for the time being I will keep anonymous..but I would like some outside opinions on.

I'm new to the board and I still have a lot to learn. Honestly, I'm pretty new to comic collecting in general. It always interested me, but just recently have I had the time and money to pursue it.

What happened to me in a nutshell is..I bought books from a user here on the boards..who offered them to me at a premium before they had even been shipped to him.

I purchased 3 books from a user here on the boards for a total sum of $500. He said "give me your address..I'm packing your books now." and even before I sent the payment said "Could you send payment as soon as you can. I kinda need to pay for some purchases" I sent the payment on Sunday. After the fact..he tells me cannot ship them until Wednesday (tomorrow). After a bit of inquiring I find out he doesn't actually have the books yet. All in all, just feels like a shady and dangerous way to conduct business here on the forums.

It happens all the time and it sucks.

I think since the seller didn't tell you all the details you might be able to reneg your deal.

Why can't we have a hard & fast rule that books must BE IN HAND before being posted for sale.

Is that really a difficult concept to grasp? Good grief that's friggin annoying. :censored:

I agree. But there are many Modern sellers that first to the market is of utmost importance. (shrug)

The CGC thing would be my first thought, but once the seller said he was shipping the books, I would imagine that's not the case here.

To the buyer: did he say they were coming back from CGC or were they raw books?