• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Did it say in the thread or was there ANY indication that the books were on their way back from CGC? (shrug)

Seems a bit disingenuous if he said "give me your address..I'm packing your books now" before he had the books. hm

No, the contrary..everything he said made me think that he had the books in hand. And turns out they were on their way from another user..not directly from the CGC.

Awesome that you owned up to it (thumbs u were they incoming from CGC or were they purchased books on the way in?

Edit: asked and answered.

Edited by AntBrown

Okay, it seems Ivan has exposed himself as the user I'm talking about. It took some messages back and forth this morning..but I do want to let everyone know that he, although reluctantly, did send me a full refund. After making a few offers that I refused..I just simply don't want to do business with someone that conducts themselves like this.

I understand it's exciting to make a sale..but FFS have the books in hand.

Why a refund over a few days though? (shrug) I'm NOT downplaying what the seller did here as far as saying "I am packaging up the books for you right now" when he didn't have the books. But him shipping them today rather than Monday was a deal breaker? ???

Well, he said he'd ship them on Wednesday. The deal breaker was finding out he didn't have the books in hand. And I didn't know where they were coming from on the way to him. He hadn't even seen them in person. I asked or a refund because I felt misled and taken advantage of.

Well, he said he'd ship them on Wednesday. The deal breaker was finding out he didn't have the books in hand. And I didn't know where they were coming from on the way to him. He hadn't even seen them in person. I asked or a refund because I felt misled and taken advantage of.

Glad it all worked out for all involved. :applause:

I have dealt with Ivan a few times over the years and it has always been a pleasant experience.

Hopefully in time you will give him the chance to win back your trust. :wishluck:

xxx ooo

Rupp

Zach

you are correct. I should of had 2 out of the 3 books in hand. No question. all I wanted was to make things right.

Again Im truly sorry!

Huh, how about that? A guy on the CGC boards who owns up to a mistake instead of getting defensive and deflecting blame to others. Who would have thought such a thing possible? :applause:

Did it say in the thread or was there ANY indication that the books were on their way back from CGC? (shrug)

Seems a bit disingenuous if he said "give me your address..I'm packing your books now" before he had the books. hm

Why can't we have a hard & fast rule that books must BE IN HAND before being posted for sale.

Is that really a difficult concept to grasp? Good grief that's friggin annoying. :censored:

I have presales with presale pricing. I don't see the harm. It is more of a headache on my end than the buyer.

There are other board members who do this on regular basis and should actually be called out.

For fast flipping books? Good luck with that. lol

Zach

you are correct. I should of had 2 out of the 3 books in hand. No question. all I wanted was to make things right.

Again Im truly sorry!

Huh, how about that? A guy on the CGC boards who owns up to a mistake instead of getting defensive and deflecting blame to others. Who would have thought such a thing possible? :applause:

:applause:

Why can't we have a hard & fast rule that books must BE IN HAND before being posted for sale.

Is that really a difficult concept to grasp? Good grief that's friggin annoying. :censored:

I have presales with presale pricing. I don't see the harm. It is more of a headache on my end than the buyer.

I think its fine to have pre-sales, or sales of books not in hand. BUT just like any other sale, pertinent details should be disclosed ahead of time. should be told AHEAD of time, and reasonable communication should occur

There are other board members who do this on regular basis and should actually be called out.

Hey, at least he didn't have the books drop shipped. That's my fav :cloud9:

For fast flipping books? Good luck with that. lol

No. Where they have selling threads advertising books not in hand.

Hey, at least he didn't have the books drop shipped. That's my fav :cloud9:

That is also a fun one!