• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Let's not forget he sent you this text message.

32131132.png

Any seller that sends a message like this would never get my business.

+1 Automatic do not buy from list. A comment like that says a lot about a person, regardless if they were mad or not at the time it was sent.

32131132.png

The buyer was Italian,was he not? The olive oil comment was real classy.

32131132.png

Yeah, no matter how the PL nomination goes, definitely on my "do not deal with" list.

Would a simple selling template help alleviate a lot of the confusion with terms and shipping costs?

If a template were stickier somewhere and each seller could simply fill in thee values and titles for books along with exact shipping fees. It would keep misunderstandings to a minimum.

hm I used to have a sales thread template in the Noob Guide, but I deleted it because it goes back to sellers being responsible for their own threads and running it as they see fit.

I agree the seller is more culpable in the first instance where the buyer asked for and paid for insurance (please post PM's) and didn't get it. I disagree on the second part of a few dollars difference. There are plenty of sellers who charge round numbers for shipping and don't reimburse the difference. I don't think it's right - but it happens. I think he should refund it in both instances and think it would be pathetic if the seller's reputation is worth less than $29. meh

He has roughly a little more than 48 hours to decide. Hopefully he does the right thing and reimburses the buyer. :wishluck:

And to be clear - I am NOT siding with the seller. Just discussing the nomination to the Probation List. (thumbs u

You can see all the mails between the seller and me on my first post here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7772913#Post7772913

They clearly show I was asking for priority + insurance for the first package and priority for the second.

Also, the seller wrote on his first post in this discussion that he shipped priority as agreed, but he didn't.

think it would be pathetic if the seller's reputation is worth less than $29. meh

Its worth $56.50 right :P

I thought buyer paid $50 and only got $25 worth on shipping charges?

Talking about another reputation that is tarnished for $56.50.

You can see all the mails between the seller and me on my first post here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7772913#Post7772913

They clearly show I was asking for priority + insurance for the first package and priority for the second.

Also, the seller wrote on his first post in this discussion that he shipped priority as agreed, but he didn't.

"I can get it shipped for $50"

"It's cheaper cause I'm not using flat rate box and its still priority with insurance and tracking"

Edited by iceman399

32131132.png

Amen to that.

A seller who grossly overcharges for shipping and sends messages like that is not one I'd wanna buy from.

Ebay has mechanisms like feedback and the star system to punish sellers who behave like this, all we have is the probation list. Ultimately, if we hold sellers to lower standards than ebay we'll get the sellers we deserve.

Bottom line, shipping profiteering should be against selling rules and probation worthy. If a seller will risk his reputation over $30 what might he do for a big score?

Would a simple selling template help alleviate a lot of the confusion with terms and shipping costs?

If a template were stickier somewhere and each seller could simply fill in thee values and titles for books along with exact shipping fees. It would keep misunderstandings to a minimum.

hm I used to have a sales thread template in the Noob Guide, but I deleted it because it goes back to sellers being responsible for their own threads and running it as they see fit.

I agree the seller is more culpable in the first instance where the buyer asked for and paid for insurance (please post PM's) and didn't get it. I disagree on the second part of a few dollars difference. There are plenty of sellers who charge round numbers for shipping and don't reimburse the difference. I don't think it's right - but it happens. I think he should refund it in both instances and think it would be pathetic if the seller's reputation is worth less than $29. meh

He has roughly a little more than 48 hours to decide. Hopefully he does the right thing and reimburses the buyer. :wishluck:

And to be clear - I am NOT siding with the seller. Just discussing the nomination to the Probation List. (thumbs u

I don't think it's really the dollar amount of the second transaction. Sure, it's only $4, but the seller still didn't ship using priority or insurance. He didn't charge as much as the first transaction, but he still didn't ship per the method discussed. I think that's more of the problem than the amount of a $4 overcharge.

32131132.png

Amen to that.

A seller who grossly overcharges for shipping and sends messages like that is not one I'd wanna buy from.

Ebay has mechanisms like feedback and the star system to punish sellers who behave like this, all we have is the probation list. Ultimately, if we hold sellers to lower standards than ebay we'll get the sellers we deserve.

Bottom line, shipping profiteering should be against selling rules and probation worthy. If a seller will risk his reputation over $30 what might he do for a big score?

he becomes redrocks?

There is way too much debate here. If the buyer is overcharged on shipping, whether or not it was sent first class or priority, he should get a refund. Plain and simple.

What was the shipping quote and what was the shipping cost? If there is more than a few dollars discrepancy the seller should refund the difference.

Agreed. But if he doesn't - Probation List? (shrug)

Why not?

If people are placed on the list for not completing a transaction, when there is no real loss, then why would someone who overcharges and actually causes a real loss not be a candidate?

Because the list has become such a joke nobody knows when to laugh.

I always know when to laugh:

...when it's the most inappropriate.

:whee:

32131132.png

+1 Automatic do not buy from list. A comment like that says a lot about a person, regardless if they were mad or not at the time it was sent.

It's too bad, really...if they had typed "chile" and "yo", it would have been just folksy enough to get my business.

Drat.

Never placed anyone on this list, but I am nominating ChrisWalken.

He has made clear he has no intentions of paying for books he purchased from my selling thread about a month ago.

I would have let this go entirely even after he had told me had no intent to pay me (citing other bills), but, he purchased additional comics just a few days ago from another buyer. The amount was close to the amount he owed me. I just confirmed that he did pay the other seller.

I feel like I JUST saw a "redeeming my reputation" thread from him a couple of months ago?! :facepalm:

Send him a PM with the link. (thumbs u

Man, what is going on with the sales threads these days?! (shrug)

I'm currently trying to rectify the situation between myself and fastball. I did try a "redeem myself" thread a while back and I did okay, better than in the past year but I underestimated the severity of things in my life at that time and slipped away from the boards and a had a few bumps in deals with other members. In the end though with any dispute I've always done my best to make right whether it be selling or buying here on the forums. I've had many good years of buying and selling with no problems and one bad year but like I said, I always did my best to make right in any deal. We don't grow as people if we don't learn from our mistakes, and I am too young to stop growing.

Edited by chriswALKEN

It is good that you are trying to rectify things with him. Hopefully it works out. I could only imagine if I was a seller how upset I would be if a buyer did not pay me because of hardship but continued to buy things from other sellers on the same board.

It is good that you are trying to rectify things with him. Hopefully it works out. I could only imagine if I was a seller how upset I would be if a buyer did not pay me because of hardship but continued to buy things from other sellers on the same board.

I completely understand the situation and frustration and hopefully it does work out. I'm trying. Also trying to resist putting up any takeit's for a while, it's hard because there's always something. My main focus here on the boards is selling, I have loads of comics to list so hopefully we can reach some sort or resolution.