• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Maybe (and this is just a maybe) he doesn't have his account here set up to send him an email when he receives a PM. Did you try sending him another message through eBay?

Yep. I tried here, Ebay, and even his personal email address that he gave me. Nada.

He hasn't replied to two messages via PM on the boards; the first he read and decided not to reply, the second is still unread.

Also, I'm not sending him messages five times a day. I send one, wait a couple of days. Send another, wait four or five days.

I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material, but here goes. I'll try and keep it brief and list only the major points.

I contacted an Ebay seller by the name of "comicsareruiningmylife" on 05/21, asking him if he has a particular book for sale.

He responded saying that he'll check, and it turns out that he's a member on these boards: "kvargas." We start chatting over here.

He informs me that he does indeed have a copy, but he's still trying to find price data for it.

He checked the book, and it's high grade. He tells me that he'll send me a scan of the book later in the week when he gets home.

I asked for a price in the meantime. No response.

I PM'd him some past prices that I found to see if that would help. No response.

He never sent the scan of the book, so I PM'd him again on 06/08 just as a reminder. No response, and this message remains unread to this day.

I proceeded to try and contact him over the next two weeks: once through Ebay, and once via his email address. No response.

Now, normally I would think that perhaps he had a family emergency, is out of town, or something else happened that caused him to stop replying so abruptly (and for no reason that I can see). However, he continues to list books on Ebay, almost on a daily basis!

That, in my opinion, is BEYOND rude. To string me along like that over the course of a few weeks and not even have the decency to send a quick response letting me know what's up, thereby keeping me in a state of limbo while wasting my time, shows a complete lack of respect for a fellow boardie/collector/person.

Hence, this possible PL nomination.

For realz?

The PL serves a dual function to compel members to find a solution when a transaction has gone bad or fails to be completed once terms are agreed upon and to warn other members of nefarious characters.

Do you seriously feel someone not responding to a request to look for a book is PL worthy?

Would you want someone to have their reputation ruined because they became busy at work or forgot or decided to say he has better things to do than look for your book?

I get it was rude to not respond but if you send PM after PM and they go unanswered take a hint that the guy doesn't care enough for your business.

I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material, but here goes. I'll try and keep it brief and list only the major points.

I contacted an Ebay seller by the name of "comicsareruiningmylife" on 05/21, asking him if he has a particular book for sale.

He responded saying that he'll check, and it turns out that he's a member on these boards: "kvargas." We start chatting over here.

He informs me that he does indeed have a copy, but he's still trying to find price data for it.

He checked the book, and it's high grade. He tells me that he'll send me a scan of the book later in the week when he gets home.

I PM'd him some past prices that I found to see if that would help. No response.

He never sent the scan of the book, so I PM'd him again on 06/08 just as a reminder. No response, and this message remains unread to this day.

I proceeded to try and contact him over the next two weeks: once through Ebay, and once via his email address. No response.

Now, normally I would think that perhaps he had a family emergency, is out of town, or something else happened that caused him to stop replying so abruptly (and for no reason that I can see). However, he continues to list books on Ebay, almost on a daily basis!

That, in my opinion, is BEYOND rude. To string me along like that over the course of a few weeks and not even have the decency to send a quick response letting me know what's up, thereby keeping me in a state of limbo while wasting my time, shows a complete lack of respect for a fellow boardie/collector/person.

For realz?

Yes.

The PL serves a dual function to compel members to find a solution when a transaction has gone bad or fails to be completed once terms are agreed upon and to warn other members of nefarious characters.

I stated from the beginning that I wasn't sure if this earns him PL status, but at the very least, I wanted others who may research this guy to know what sort of character they are dealing with. So I think that at the very least, this qualifies for the part in bold.

Do you seriously feel someone not responding to a request to look for a book is PL worthy?

Where did I say that I contacted him to look for a book for me?

Would you want someone to have their reputation ruined because they became busy at work or forgot or decided to say he has better things to do than look for your book?

Of course not. Did you skip parts of my post or something? That is not what happened here.

I get it was rude to not respond but if you send PM after PM and they go unanswered take a hint that the guy doesn't care enough for your business.

Yes, I got the hint. I gave up expecting a response about a week ago.

For realz?

Yes.

I stated from the beginning that I wasn't sure if this earns him PL status, but at the very least, I wanted others who may research this guy to know what sort of character they are dealing with. So I think that at the very least, this qualifies for the part in bold.

Where did I say that I contacted him to look for a book for me?

Of course not. Did you skip parts of my post or something? That is not what happened here.

Yes, I got the hint. I gave up expecting a response about a week ago.

He said he would send a scan and price, he never did. You publicly called him out.

I think that about sums it up. Good luck finding your book.

There is no way this would be probation worthy. There was no actual deal made. If we put everyone that is rude on the list, it would be several pages long.

There's this one time that Greggy said he wanted to kick me in the nuts, which I took as he wanted to give me a hug. Every time I get near him (with arms wide open) he runs away :ohnoez: , takes a nap zzz , and then runs away some more :ohnoez: .

Bottom line...no hug. :frustrated:

I would like Greggy to be placed on the double secret probation list until he envelopes me properly in his panda like upper appendages for an inappropriate length of time.

:sumo:

I'd like to get past first base.

I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

There is no way this would be probation worthy. There was no actual deal made. If we put everyone that is rude on the list, it would be several pages long.

There's this one time that Greggy said he wanted to kick me in the nuts, which I took as he wanted to give me a hug. Every time I get near him (with arms wide open) he runs away :ohnoez: , takes a nap zzz , and then runs away some more :ohnoez: .

Bottom line...no hug. :frustrated:

I would like Greggy to be placed on the double secret probation list until he envelopes me properly in his panda like upper appendages for an inappropriate length of time.

:sumo:

I'd like to get past first base.

I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

Logic dictates that you hug him while he's taking said nap.

It may not be consensual, but it's better than nothing.

I once thought about PMing someone about a book

But I didn't

Then a week went by and I thought about it again

But I still didn't PM him

This went on for 3.6 weeks and I never PMed the guy

I'd like to nominate myself for the probation list

Seriously? Because a seller ignores you and you want to nominate him/her?

crying-aby-with-hands-on-head.jpg

When a seller doesn't get back to me after a week, I would send another request and after that I wouldn't care as I saved myself money lol

Seriously? Because a seller ignores you and you want to nominate him/her?

crying-aby-with-hands-on-head.jpg

When a seller doesn't get back to me after a week, I would send another request and after that I wouldn't care as I saved myself money lol

I can tell you that the nominator has/will go on the 'list' of many people who do business here.

Not PL worthy but it's time for a new list

The Rude Dude list