• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material, but here goes. I'll try and keep it brief and list only the major points.

I contacted an Ebay seller by the name of "comicsareruiningmylife" on 05/21, asking him if he has a particular book for sale.

He responded saying that he'll check, and it turns out that he's a member on these boards: "kvargas." We start chatting over here.

He informs me that he does indeed have a copy, but he's still trying to find price data for it.

He checked the book, and it's high grade. He tells me that he'll send me a scan of the book later in the week when he gets home.

I asked for a price in the meantime. No response.

I PM'd him some past prices that I found to see if that would help. No response.

He never sent the scan of the book, so I PM'd him again on 06/08 just as a reminder. No response, and this message remains unread to this day.

I proceeded to try and contact him over the next two weeks: once through Ebay, and once via his email address. No response.

Now, normally I would think that perhaps he had a family emergency, is out of town, or something else happened that caused him to stop replying so abruptly (and for no reason that I can see). However, he continues to list books on Ebay, almost on a daily basis!

That, in my opinion, is BEYOND rude. To string me along like that over the course of a few weeks and not even have the decency to send a quick response letting me know what's up, thereby keeping me in a state of limbo while wasting my time, shows a complete lack of respect for a fellow boardie/collector/person.

Hence, this possible PL nomination.

Seriously? Because a seller ignores you and you want to nominate him/her?

crying-aby-with-hands-on-head.jpg

When a seller doesn't get back to me after a week, I would send another request and after that I wouldn't care as I saved myself money lol

I can tell you that the nominator has/will go on the 'list' of many people who do business here.

Yuuuup!

I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material, but here goes. I'll try and keep it brief and list only the major points.

I contacted an Ebay seller by the name of "comicsareruiningmylife" on 05/21, asking him if he has a particular book for sale.

He responded saying that he'll check, and it turns out that he's a member on these boards: "kvargas." We start chatting over here.

He informs me that he does indeed have a copy, but he's still trying to find price data for it.

He checked the book, and it's high grade. He tells me that he'll send me a scan of the book later in the week when he gets home.

I PM'd him some past prices that I found to see if that would help. No response.

He never sent the scan of the book, so I PM'd him again on 06/08 just as a reminder. No response, and this message remains unread to this day.

I proceeded to try and contact him over the next two weeks: once through Ebay, and once via his email address. No response.

Now, normally I would think that perhaps he had a family emergency, is out of town, or something else happened that caused him to stop replying so abruptly (and for no reason that I can see). However, he continues to list books on Ebay, almost on a daily basis!

That, in my opinion, is BEYOND rude. To string me along like that over the course of a few weeks and not even have the decency to send a quick response letting me know what's up, thereby keeping me in a state of limbo while wasting my time, shows a complete lack of respect for a fellow boardie/collector/person.

When a seller doesn't get back to me after a week, I would send another request and after that I wouldn't care as I saved myself money lol

I can tell you that the nominator has/will go on the 'list' of many people who do business here.

Yuuuup!

So let me get this straight... because I called a guy out on his poor business practices (for a sale that just needed a price to be done, for stringing me along over the course of a few weeks, wasting my time, and pretty much making me feel like I wasn't worth a response), then in your minds, I somehow come out as the bad guy?

Wow. Humanity continues to surprise me with it's utter foolishness. But if you feel that you need to block me for that, then by all means, do so.

I did preface everything with "I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material..." Everyone seems to love ignoring that fact, even though I mentioned it at least twice. I checked the prerequisites for nomination, and it doesn't state completed transactions, which is why I wasn't sure. I even did a number of searches for the topic, but nothing relevant turned up.

It was either post here, or in "comic general." This seemed like the better fit. I wanted to post what he did here so that there were some minor consequences for his actions. At the very least, it's people knowing how he handled himself. It's no different than a review of sorts. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

And that's all I'll say about the subject.

Edited by isiTrue

Yuuuup!

So let me get this straight... because I called a guy out on his poor business practices (for a sale that just needed a price to be done, for stringing me along over the course of a few weeks, wasting my time, and pretty much making me feel like I wasn't worth a response), then in your minds, I somehow come out as the bad guy?

Wow. Humanity continues to surprise me with it's utter foolishness. But if you feel that you need to block me for that, then by all means, do so.

I did preface everything with "I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material..." Everyone seems to love ignoring that fact, even though I mentioned it at least twice. I checked the prerequisites for nomination, and it doesn't state completed transactions, which is why I wasn't sure. I even did a number of searches for the topic, but nothing relevant turned up.

It was either post here, or in "comic general." This seemed like the better fit. I wanted to post what he did here so that there were some minor consequences for his actions. At the very least, it's people knowing how he handled himself. It's no different than a review of sorts. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

You asked in the right place. No worries.

With some of the stuff that happens here and with ebay sales your "rude seller" is not even on the radar by comparison. You appear to be a high maintenance buyer which some sellers would rather avoid. (thumbs u

Say what you want about solar, but he always shows off really cool foreign editions. :)

Not nearly as cool as your videos

It was hard to pick a good video response. I just kept finding better and better videos.

The Salton has spoken.

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

Yuuuup!

With some of the stuff that happens here and with ebay sales your "rude seller" is not even on the radar by comparison. You appear to be a high maintenance buyer which some sellers would rather avoid. (thumbs u

I bolded the malarky. (thumbs u

Yuuuup!

You say so. (shrug)

Yuuuup!

Yeah, I can agree with that. I've read some of the horror stories on these boards.

Actually, I'm pretty easy to deal with. Kind and courteous is always the best policy imho, for both buyer and seller. I sell books once in a while myself, so I know what sellers go through from that perspective.

And if we decide to part ways without a sale, then that's fine; just don't me off. lol

Yuuuup!

Yeah, I can agree with that. I've read some of the horror stories on these boards.

Actually, I'm pretty easy to deal with. Kind and courteous is always the best policy imho, for both buyer and seller. I sell books once in a while myself, so I know what sellers go through from that perspective.

And if we decide to part ways without a sale, then that's fine; just don't me off. lol

I've had similar stuff happen to me, where a seller said they would get back to me, but sometimes don't. I don't worry about it, It's just a sale that someone else will make. Definitely not list worthy.

Edited by Scturo

Yuuuup!

I totally agree with this statement

Yuuuup!

lol with your complaint because somebody didn't get back to you and now this response just makes me think you don't take rejection very well. Did you get rejected asking the popular girl in school to prom? How did you take it?

In all seriousness, you just wasting your time crying over nothing. If he doesn't want to sell to you then he doesn't, he has that right. Have you ever seen a sign like this when you walk into a business establishment?

img_4624-9ff3dbb98cddae3c791724fe4f8a060e0cd9502d.jpg

Just because you have money doesn't mean he is in need of it...

I bet the seller is reading your post right now and singing along with this music video...

Edited by PhoKing

lol with your complaint because somebody didn't get back to you and now this response just makes me think you don't take rejection very well. Did you get rejected asking the popular girl in school to prom? How did you take it?

In all seriousness, you just wasting your time crying over nothing. If he doesn't want to sell to you then he doesn't, he has that right. Have you ever seen a sign like this when you walk into a business establishment?

I bet the seller is reading your post right now and singing along with this music video...

You missed the point. It isn't that he didn't get the chance to purchase the book. It was how the possible seller handled the situation. If the seller didn't want to sell the book or didn't want to deal with the buyer any longer then some common decency should have been in order to say so rather than ignoring him. This isn't "high maintenance" nor not "take rejection very well". It's about respect towards other people. I wouldn't want to purchase from any seller who treats other people like this and think that it is okay.

You missed the point. It isn't that he didn't get the chance to purchase the book. It was how the possible seller handled the situation. If the seller didn't want to sell the book or didn't want to deal with the buyer any longer then some common decency should have been in order to say so rather than ignoring him. This isn't "high maintenance" nor not "take rejection very well". It's about respect towards other people. I wouldn't want to purchase from any seller who treats other people like this and think that it is okay.

I dont' think anyone is missing THAT point. The seller doesn't have great communication skills in this case, kind of ticked off the potential buyer. We get it.

But most of us also get that the point of the probation list is to encourage buyers/sellers to do the right thing and complete agreed upon sales in an appropriate manner, not to mildly encourage random ebay sellers to have better communication skills.

We also get that the OP was 'asking' a question, but they also proceeded to OUT a 'seller' who did NOTHING wrong (albeit not a best business practice) in a thread specifically aimed at outing sellers/buyers who do the wrong thing.

I agree with Revat.

Gatchaman, I get the point but I guess people take things differently and isn't like myself where if the seller doesn't response to my questions I wouldn't care and just move on rather than sulk about it. This is a web forum, not a blog or a diary...lol

I agree with Revat.

Gatchaman, I get the point but I guess people take things differently and isn't like myself where if the seller doesn't response to my questions I wouldn't care and just move on rather than sulk about it. This is a web forum, not a blog or a diary...lol

seriously, the probation list isn't yelp.

I agree with Revat.

seriously, the probation list isn't yelp.

Not that we couldn't use Yelp-type feedback ....