• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

What should be taken away from the Ocean situation is an understanding of when a thread expires and the importance of communication. Neither requires any extra rules. The 60 plus pages shows why communication is important and the general consensus was no more than 7 days for an inactive sales thread to be revived.

Countless nominations and numerous reconciliations and some want to rework the whole system. If this becomes a trend ie 3 or more examples then we should look at more rules.

I just think there should be a group of people that look over every situation and let them decide. That way there is no favorites. And keep it a secret about who is on the deciding team, if people find out, replace them. That keeps it honest

I just think there should be a group of people that look over every situation and let them decide. That way there is no favorites. And keep it a secret about who is on the deciding team, if people find out, replace them. That keeps it honest

This idea has been thrown around numerous times. The majority don't want to see a group and those that should be in the group do not want to be.

Secret tribunal?

Comic Octagon?

lol

We'd be better off to have a open group, more of a supreme court.

Secret tribunal?

Comic Octagon?

lol

We'd be better off to have a open group, more of a supreme court.

I'm partial to Panelogical Illuminati.

This idea has been thrown around numerous times. The majority don't want to see a group and those that should be in the group do not want to be.

The other problem is, there are many people who WOULD want to be on that kind of committee, and some of them would not be the people who make rational decisions.

And I hope, as I know I did, that many here got a window into dealing win both buyer and seller. That is more valuable than the PL itself.

This. This this this this THIS.

The majority of buyers/sellers here on my personal "will never deal with" list are not actually on either of the official lists. They're on mine, however, from the way their 'situation' unfolded here, and their conduct in coping with a deal gone bad.

It's a lot to follow, watching all the drama unfold in here, but it's the only real way to know who to avoid.

Hello guys! I'm writing this post because I had a problem with an user named sslim66

We had two transactions. I was the buyer, he was the seller.

The first one included 3 books for $380 + shipping. I asked for a priority mail international with insurance shipping to Europe. He agreed and told me shipping cost $50, then I paid and he sent the books.

However, he did not sent the books via Priority and did not put insurance. He also declared a $45 value. Luckily I got the package and everything was fine but one thing: the shipping cost $26 instead of $50. Also, the box he sent me was a box he had received from another guy, so he didn't have to pay for buying it. When I was about to ask him for a refund of the difference between $50 and $26 he told me he had lost his job, so if I wanted to purchase some more books I'd have been welcome.

I purchased a few other books from him because I thought he needed money and asked again for a priority shipping. I didn't want to pay $50 and be fooled again, so I told him the shipping with priority should have cost around $39 because I got some other books shipped via Priority for $39. He said it was ok, so I paid and he shipped a few days later. He said he shipped first class for $35, and at that moment I got a little bit angry, since it was the second time he didn't ship with the method I told him to ship. I asked for a $4 refund, but he said it was for gas + box. Then I told him that he made me pay $50 instead of $26 for the first transaction's shipping, but he just ignored me and left the conversation.

I haven't received the last package yet.

I'm asking for a $24 refund for the first transaction + some dollars refunding the difference between the cost of the last transaction's shipping and what I paid, which is surely at least 4$, since I paid $39 and he said the shipping cost $35.

I asked for the posts receipt of the last shipping, but he hasn't answered yet.

Here is some pics which prove that I'm saying the truth:

First transaction:

http://postimg.org/image/4lxko4cnp/

http://postimg.org/image/4bq24ry1h/

http://postimg.org/image/t7jhs9kph/ ( Removed a part of his address and his surname)

http://postimg.org/image/omxbdc105/ ( In this one he says he had lost his job... Which is hard to believe because he's still buying comics)

Tracking of the package ( It clearly says First Class)

Second transaction:

http://postimg.org/image/ucdjxn76d/

http://postimg.org/image/4uv5e1pg5/

http://postimg.org/image/hnj9dz11x/

Tracking of the package ( It clearly says first class)

I wrote a post on his kudos thread saying he had fooled me. He wrote some bad posts as well on my kudos thread and his one, which I answered to. Then we started talking privately and he also started insulting me: http://postimg.org/image/ox4twofmd/

Then I told Architecht about what happened and he suggested me to write on this thread and deleted my and slim66's kudos threads.

I'd like to get my money back, but if this won't be possible at least I have told the board what he's done and maybe you can do something for stopping him fooling and insulting people again.

The seller hasn't refunded me, is ignoring me on the boards and doesn't answer to my emails. It's been 4 days since I wrote the first post. What now?

I tried to find something to exonerate this guy (for about half a minute) but I don't have any objection to this guy being added.

:blush:

That first message seems pretty clear about the shipping cost he was charging being attached to specific service level.

ssa.jpg

Going back on a formerly "kudo'ed" order is a bit cheesy but hopefully this sslim guy just gives the guy back his money.

2c

Edited by bababooey

(thumbs u

Since there seems to have been numerous pages of discussion and the majority seems to indicate that charging someone extra for a particular type of shipping and insurance and not providing this service, I've added slim66 to the Probation List. If there is any objection, please state it and I will edit my addition. ;)

(thumbs u

Since there seems to have been numerous pages of discussion and the majority seems to indicate that charging someone extra for a particular type of shipping and insurance and not providing this service, I've added slim66 to the Probation List. If there is any objection, please state it and I will edit my addition. ;)

It is difficult to determine an origination time since we are a few weeks apart on the two purchases. The first is after 30 days and the second not after 30 days.

So is this a combined thing? If so should the later date be used?

Also, more directly important, was a separate PM sent saying the seller was being nominated for the PL and 72 hours gone by from the PM sending?

Then a week later he contacts me and wants to buy more walking dead books.

they were sold and shipped. International first class and the first was sent priority. Like he paid.

If the first was sent Priority why does the tracking show First Class and the postage $26?

I'm gonna get pelted probably for bringing this up but whatever. The LC tracking code indicates that the item was mailed International First Class, as a Lettres Et Carte (Letter and card) As such this falls under the need for no customs paperwork because letters and cards generally are passed through customs without stoppage (as it is correspondence). An international first class with properly filed customs forms (as would be fitting on a sale of comics) should have a U designation as the start of its tracking number and would be accompanied by the proper (CN 22) customs form. So I'm curious, were customs not declared in this case by the seller and he took a flier on hoping it didn't get flagged by customs or am I totally wrong (which could be the case) If I remember correctly, an international express or priority would be EA or EC code for the tracking label.