• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Of course. Not wrong. The word is petty or the phrase can't see the forest fore the trees. Received comics as described for the agreed upon price. I would take that.
I've always been able to see the forest, for the trees.

Of course. Not wrong. The word is petty or the phrase can't see the forest fore the trees. Received comics as described for the agreed upon price. I would take that.

Cut em down!!!

lol

The nominator needs to re-post his first image where the seller indicated that he'd gotten a quote of $50 for priority, insurance :blahblah:

I had linked to it in a spoiler the other day but it's gone. That's the only smoking gun here where the service & cost were linked.

All of this was discussed before the seller was added. Everybody said they needed proof/screenshots of the e-mails, the buyer provided, and the seller got added to the list. This isn't going to start another jawn/oceanavekid situation is it?

http://postimg.org/image/4lxko4cnp/

Yeah I know it was discussed, I don't disagree with the nomination. When I click on your link or the nominators from his first post, all I see is a red "x" - there was a PM pic. (shrug)

edit - I hit enter again & it came up.. nevermind.

Edited by bababooey

The nominator needs to re-post his first image where the seller indicated that he'd gotten a quote of $50 for priority, insurance :blahblah:

I had linked to it in a spoiler the other day but it's gone. That's the only smoking gun here where the service & cost were linked.

All of this was discussed before the seller was added. Everybody said they needed proof/screenshots of the e-mails, the buyer provided, and the seller got added to the list. This isn't going to start another jawn/oceanavekid situation is it?

http://postimg.org/image/4lxko4cnp/

Yeah I know it was discussed, I don't disagree with the nomination. When I click on your link or the nominators from his first post, all I see is a red "x" - there was a PM pic. (shrug)

hm It comes up for me in Internet Explorer.

Nice. So just to clarify your position, if you paid priority and recieved your order medial mail would that be ok? Assuming of course they arrived safely because that is the only factor that is relevant.

I would raise the concern with the seller and maybe publicly, but I don't think I'd nominate for the probation list.

That ship has sailed. This is the new and improved PL; "you nominate em, we add em."

hm Weren't you one of the first to say it was worthy of a PL nomination? lol

There is way too much debate here. If the buyer is overcharged on shipping, whether or not it was sent first class or priority, he should get a refund. Plain and simple.

What was the shipping quote and what was the shipping cost? If there is more than a few dollars discrepancy the seller should refund the difference.

Agreed. But if he doesn't - Probation List? (shrug)

Why not?

If people are placed on the list for not completing a transaction, when there is no real loss, then why would someone who overcharges and actually causes a real loss not be a candidate?

I don't disagree with the nomination. I think he deserves to be on the list.

My comment was geared toward what feels like very fast additions to the list when situations are not cut and dry.

Nice. So just to clarify your position, if you paid priority and recieved your order medial mail would that be ok? Assuming of course they arrived safely because that is the only factor that is relevant.

I would raise the concern with the seller and maybe publicly, but I don't think I'd nominate for the probation list.

That ship has sailed. This is the new and improved PL; "you nominate em, we add em."

hm Weren't you one of the first to say it was worthy of a PL nomination? lol

There is way too much debate here. If the buyer is overcharged on shipping, whether or not it was sent first class or priority, he should get a refund. Plain and simple.

What was the shipping quote and what was the shipping cost? If there is more than a few dollars discrepancy the seller should refund the difference.

Agreed. But if he doesn't - Probation List? (shrug)

Why not?

If people are placed on the list for not completing a transaction, when there is no real loss, then why would someone who overcharges and actually causes a real loss not be a candidate?

I don't disagree with the nomination. I think he deserves to be on the list.

My comment was geared toward what feels like very fast additions to the list when situations are not cut and dry.

Ahhh. It might've seemed quick, but the seller was notified via PM and didn't make much of an argument to not be added. The buyer took all the steps, provided screenshots, info, and the proof needed.

Justin (and I feel like one other person) didn't agree with the nomination from the get go, but the majority all seemed to agree it was worthy. So he was added.

I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material, but here goes. I'll try and keep it brief and list only the major points.

I contacted an Ebay seller by the name of "comicsareruiningmylife" on 05/21, asking him if he has a particular book for sale.

He responded saying that he'll check, and it turns out that he's a member on these boards: "kvargas." We start chatting over here.

He informs me that he does indeed have a copy, but he's still trying to find price data for it.

He checked the book, and it's high grade. He tells me that he'll send me a scan of the book later in the week when he gets home.

I asked for a price in the meantime. No response.

I PM'd him some past prices that I found to see if that would help. No response.

He never sent the scan of the book, so I PM'd him again on 06/08 just as a reminder. No response, and this message remains unread to this day.

I proceeded to try and contact him over the next two weeks: once through Ebay, and once via his email address. No response.

Now, normally I would think that perhaps he had a family emergency, is out of town, or something else happened that caused him to stop replying so abruptly (and for no reason that I can see). However, he continues to list books on Ebay, almost on a daily basis!

That, in my opinion, is BEYOND rude. To string me along like that over the course of a few weeks and not even have the decency to send a quick response letting me know what's up, thereby keeping me in a state of limbo while wasting my time, shows a complete lack of respect for a fellow boardie/collector/person.

Hence, this possible PL nomination.

I'm not sure if this is exactly probation-list material, but here goes. I'll try and keep it brief and list only the major points.

I contacted an Ebay seller by the name of "comicsareruiningmylife" on 05/21, asking him if he has a particular book for sale.

He responded saying that he'll check, and it turns out that he's a member on these boards: "kvargas." We start chatting over here.

He informs me that he does indeed have a copy, but he's still trying to find price data for it.

He checked the book, and it's high grade. He tells me that he'll send me a scan of the book later in the week when he gets home.

I asked for a price in the meantime. No response.

I PM'd him some past prices that I found to see if that would help. No response.

He never sent the scan of the book, so I PM'd him again on 06/08 just as a reminder. No response, and this message remains unread to this day.

I proceeded to try and contact him over the next two weeks: once through Ebay, and once via his email address. No response.

Now, normally I would think that perhaps he had a family emergency, is out of town, or something else happened that caused him to stop replying so abruptly (and for no reason that I can see). However, he continues to list books on Ebay, almost on a daily basis!

That, in my opinion, is BEYOND rude. To string me along like that over the course of a few weeks and not even have the decency to send a quick response letting me know what's up, thereby keeping me in a state of limbo while wasting my time, shows a complete lack of respect for a fellow boardie/collector/person.

Hence, this possible PL nomination.

Probably not PL worthy since no sale was actually agreed to since you never got past 1st base (getting a scan and a grade and a price).

But it is kinda rude not returning your email/PM just to let you know what happened, like he couldn't find the comic or something.

So the nomination is because he stopped replying to you? No actual deal was made, correct?

Nope, no deal was made. There probably would have been had he kept his word and followed through with scans and a price, but he just stopped replying for no reason. Kept me in the dark this entire time, ignoring every message, and continues to be active on Ebay.

I'd still be pissed if he'd said that he changed his mind, but this is even worse.

Probably not PL worthy since no sale was actually agreed to since you never got past 1st base (getting a scan and a grade and a price).

But it is kinda rude not returning your email/PM just to let you know what happened, like he couldn't find the comic or something.

Well, he did find the comic and told me it's a high-grade 9.6. So he wouldn't be able to say that he couldn't find the book.

But if it's not PL material, then that's okay. I had to try, though.

2cdaic5.gif

Only one pitchfork?

They don't make peasants like they use to.

Pitchforks were shipped Media Mail. Any day now. :grin:

They don't qualify for media mail! Be prepared to either not receive them, or get charged extra.

There is no way this would be probation worthy. There was no actual deal made. If we put everyone that is rude on the list, it would be several pages long.

Well, it was pretty close. If he would've given a price, I probably would've bought it.

For sale? - check

Condition? check

Price? - ?

Do you have this book?

Let me check...

Yes I do! Not sure about the price yet.

Great! How does it look?

Let me check...

9.6! I'll get you some scans by the end of the week.

Great! In the meantime, any idea about an asking price?

*silence*

Well, I found these prices in case that helps...

*silence*

It's Sunday...

*silence*

Etc.

*silence*

Etc.

*silence*

Etc.

*silence*

This was over the course of a few weeks that he kept me in suspense. It's not a pleasant feeling, especially for a book that I've been searching for. And he knew it was hard to come by.

As I said, BEYOND rude.