• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I kinda doubt that you do. If you did you would know that your signature is only necessary to satisfy the statute of frauds and that your ascension to the deal is more than enough to bind you to a deal. So if I agree to sell you 100 widgets on January 15th for 1000 dollars and you say "Send me the invoice" that is taken as your agreement to the deal. You are bound to it. You broke your deal.

Anyone can send unsigned contracts out to whomever all day long, but if they're not accepted/signed/etc...they mean nothing.Verbals mean nothing when no transaction takes place.

Again, the eBay sale never ended, the book was never sold to me, I never agreed to the PayPal invoice. Payment due when services rendered. It's clear as day.

You agreed on the number, you agreed to buy, you locked yourself into that book.

Finding it cheaper somewhere else is NOT a valid excuse to breach an agreement.

If this is how you do business you can keep your business.

I can see I'm wasting my time. Do whatever you need to do, as I'm no longer interested.

I didn't accept the invoice, the item never stopped being on sale, and I've wasted too much time making my case to a union of friends. Good day.

What did you say?

sounds like he accepted your offer when he sent you the invoice, not once but twice

But he never ended the sale on eBay. If it's still available for sale to the public for 12+ hours after he sends an invoice, it can't exactly be sold to me now can it?

have I mentioned that amount of lawyers here on the boards. This is an argument you cannot win. trust me on this. just do the right thing. complete your deal that you thought was a good deal this morning, and move on. you will do yourself a much bigger favor and thank yourself in a few months after you get great deal after great deal.

I can see I'm wasting my time. Do whatever you need to do, as I'm no longer interested.

I didn't accept the invoice, the item never stopped being on sale, and I've wasted too much time making my case to a union of friends. Good day.

You've wasted too much of our time changing the story more times than I can count when the real story is so simple. You bought a book and refused to pay because you found it cheaper somewhere else and came here to complete the deal thinking it would never be discovered.

I have no doubt you regret getting caught.

Everything since is you exhibiting that, if there was an animal kingdom analog to your business ethics set it would be, without a doubt, the redassed baboon.

What did you say?

day9_ahhhh.gif

You've wasted too much of our time changing the story more times than I can count when the real story is so simple. You bought a book and refused to pay because you found it cheaper somewhere else and came here to complete the deal thinking it would never be discovered.

Everything since is you exhibiting that, if there was an animal kingdom analog to your business ethics set it would be, without a doubt, the redassed baboon.

You lawyers are kings of the written word. :golfclap:

What did you say?

day9_ahhhh.gif

can't stop watching!!!

Expressed divinely :D

I don't think it's necessary at this point. I doubt we will ever see him again. Though I would add him to the ebay buyer list thingy. His full name is Andrew Thaxton.

if he noted any of our advice, he may come back under a different name in a bit.

Well, that was a fun one. Shall we bother putting Athaxto on the PL?

I believe that's the seller's call.

He already nominated him.

Then there he goes until he completes the transaction, or offers a different form of acceptable restitution.

What did you say?

I think he just told you "Merry Christmas"

lol

We don't get to do any three week long double reverse blind polls first?

hm

Does it appear like there is a chance he will change his mind, and make things right during that time?

nope

Then I would think it is reasonable to put him on now, as the 30-day rule is meant to account for someone getting around to completing their transaction or having a change of heart.

I think even on a double-dog dare, this buyer doesn't appear to care about waking the bear.

double-dog-dare.jpg