• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Have the mods ever suggested the PL was a good idea?

They have nothing to do with it, so getting mad about getting a strike for mentioning a PL or HOS member is just like getting mad about getting a strike for thread-disruption related to the locked thread challenge.

The PL list is great - but am I missing where someone with power at CGC said "yes, we should run with the PL / Hos system"?

They have gotten behind it, and they have a little PSA, with a link directly to the list, at the top of every sales page that says

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community.

I'd call that at least a tacit endorsement.

Well it looks like, as always, my opinion and thoughts are irrelevant. (thumbs u

Taken as a whole, they serve as a cautionary tale for the youngsters... :foryou:

Edowens: Use your enthusiasm for good, not pot-stirring...or torch-carrying...or whatever.

mrwoogieman: The thing of it is, that's sincerely what I'm trying to do. I don't know how many different ways I can try to say that that is my intention. However, it seems that every time I come into a discussion thread and attempt to help steer the discussion in what seems to me to be a more substantive direction, my attempts get characterized by some as pot-stirring, torch-carrying, inciting controversy, etc. I tell you what - it just seems that I haven't figured out how to substantively contribute to a discussion thread around here without someone characterizing my attempted contribution in this fashion. I'll keep trying, but it's proving difficult. Take this latest discussion...I come in and try to offer an alternative way of thinking about a potential solution to a debate that has apparently been going on here for years that was already being actively discussed in this thread, and I'm suddenly stirring the pot. (shrug) Geesh.

It's just that most people don't think we need a third list and don't need to stigmatize anyone who's gotten themselves off the PL. :foryou:

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the hurt feelings of someone who's been on the PL multiple times 2c

Have the mods ever suggested the PL was a good idea?

They have nothing to do with it, so getting mad about getting a strike for mentioning a PL or HOS member is just like getting mad about getting a strike for thread-disruption related to the locked thread challenge.

The PL list is great - but am I missing where someone with power at CGC said "yes, we should run with the PL / Hos system"?

They have gotten behind it, and they have a little PSA, with a link directly to the list, at the top of every sales page that says

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community.

I'd call that at least a tacit endorsement.

Not to "Slym" you, but I have to agree. The mods support it by recognizing it exists. Now are they happy with the administration and heated debates associated with it - that's a different topic to consider.

(sorry Slym - big fan; I get a kick out of your "5-8 pages back" responses)

Start a thread in General.

69gj9.jpg

Did you know this actor, Iron Eyes Cody is Italian? :ohnoez: He was born Espera Oscar de Corti, though he was born in the US. A bit of useless trivia.

Yes. Yes, I did. History Channel throws out party conversation facts like this from time to time.

:whee:

Start a thread in General.

69gj9.jpg

Did you know this actor, Iron Eyes Cody is Italian? :ohnoez: He was born Espera Oscar de Corti, though he was born in the US. A bit of useless trivia.

Yes. Yes, I did. History Channel throws out party conversation facts like this from time to time.

:whee:

So does the Sopranos

Do you have to wait 30 days if they have now told you they can't pay, due to a lack of funds, yet have stated in other posts they will be attending upcoming shows to "buy comics". Also just posted a picture of a Marvel key #1 issue that they just purchased 4 days ago.

Do you have to wait 30 days if they have now told you they can't pay, due to a lack of funds, yet have stated in other posts they will be attending upcoming shows to "buy comics". Also just posted a picture of a Marvel key #1 issue that they just purchased 4 days ago.

No - if they state out-right they have no intention of following through on their end of the transaction, they're eligible for addition to the Probation List before 30 days have passed.